NavTraffic and iSimple....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NavTraffic and iSimple....

Hey guys quick question. Yes i have searched for a while and i cannot find a concrete answer. I drive a 07 TL Type S 6MT. I am looking to buy the iSimple ISHD651 to stream music and whatnot. I have read on here that if you have the navtraffic feature, i cannot use this. Does my car automatically have it? i know i dont have a subscription for it or anything. Is there any way i can disable this feature and use the iSimple? If i cant use this model of iSimple, is there any other devices that allow bluetooth streaming, with text, calling features and USB port for factory navigation system? i took a quick glance at my owners manual and i didn't see navtraffic mentioned anywhere. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by klutch908
Hey guys quick question. Yes i have searched for a while and i cannot find a concrete answer. I drive a 07 TL Type S 6MT. I am looking to buy the iSimple ISHD651 to stream music and whatnot. I have read on here that if you have the navtraffic feature, i cannot use this. Does my car automatically have it? i know i dont have a subscription for it or anything. Is there any way i can disable this feature and use the iSimple? If i cant use this model of iSimple, is there any other devices that allow bluetooth streaming, with text, calling features and USB port for factory navigation system? i took a quick glance at my owners manual and i didn't see navtraffic mentioned anywhere. Thanks for your help.
The 2007-2008 TL's have access to NavTraffic through their XM subscription. There is nothing you specifically need to disable - the iSimple will work as it is supposed to, but the iSimple team didn't figure out a way to pass the traffic information to the stereo/navigation unit. As long as you're ok not having NavTraffic, you should be good to go...

http://www.siriusxm.com/navtraffic/availability
Old 06-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts
I went to order this from Autotoys.com and was told that this unit did not work if you have an 07 or 08 TL with Navi (due to the xm traffic live capability). I'm not entire sure why...I know the harnesses (there are 2) on the xm box trunk is different in the 07 - 08 with navi then that 04-06...but at the back of the radio it uses the same harness and that's where the iSimple would plug into...maybe its a software thing that blocks it from working? I think a call to iSimple might clear stuff up!
Old 06-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. So as long as i dont have the nav traffic subscription then i should be ok? i have also read that i might need the PGHHD2C harness since i have an 07, but thats the 30 pin apple connector that wont fit an iphone 5S and you don't get an usb port... Is that true?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:56 PM
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by RxWorld
I went to order this from Autotoys.com and was told that this unit did not work if you have an 07 or 08 TL with Navi (due to the xm traffic live capability). I'm not entire sure why...I know the harnesses (there are 2) on the xm box trunk is different in the 07 - 08 with navi then that 04-06...but at the back of the radio it uses the same harness and that's where the iSimple would plug into...maybe its a software thing that blocks it from working? I think a call to iSimple might clear stuff up!
Hmm...in light of this, I would retract my response. Maybe the XM traffic software changes how the car stereo senses XM vs. the iSimple. Agreed on calling iSimple...
Old 06-04-2014, 07:38 PM
Codename Duchess

Received 80 Likes on 57 Posts
You need the PGHHD2C because of the XM Nav Traffic through the nav. Don't fight it. You have to have it for the thing to work.

The ISHD651 has a USB and 2 DIN ports on the box. The DIN ports can be used for analog aux, 30 pin ipod, HD radio or SiriusXM.

You can use a USB to lightning cable for iDevices with the lightning connector via the built in USB on the ISHD651. (it comes with a dash mount extension)

You can also use an APPLE 30 pin to lightning adapter with the isimple 30 pin.

You can also just do it wireless through bluetooth, although it won't sound as good as the uSB or 30 pin.
The following users liked this post:
triax37 (06-16-2014)
Old 01-23-2015, 10:30 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiamondJoeQuimby
You need the PGHHD2C because of the XM Nav Traffic through the nav. Don't fight it. You have to have it for the thing to work.

The ISHD651 has a USB and 2 DIN ports on the box. The DIN ports can be used for analog aux, 30 pin ipod, HD radio or SiriusXM.

You can use a USB to lightning cable for iDevices with the lightning connector via the built in USB on the ISHD651. (it comes with a dash mount extension)

You can also use an APPLE 30 pin to lightning adapter with the isimple 30 pin.

You can also just do it wireless through bluetooth, although it won't sound as good as the uSB or 30 pin.
I know it's been a while but recently got an 08 TL Type S and it looks like the ISHD651 is a nice unit but does it work with the PGHHD2C harness? I spoke to isimple today and they stress that the 651 doesn't work and that i need the ISHD571 with the ISBT21 which i had in mind, but if you guys have used the ISHD651 with the PGHHD2C on a TL with live traffic I'd love to hear your results. From your last post i gather that it does work despite what isimple says. For what it's worth I don't subscribe to xm. Thanks