AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   NAVITECH + Android Auto w/ Full Android system (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/navitech-android-auto-w-full-android-system-1001817/)

tones160 01-16-2023 09:32 PM

NAVITECH + Android Auto w/ Full Android system

Hi Guys,

I've been a member for a while but i've been pretty busy.

Anywho, I have a navitech touch screen system and for the death of me i can't find a way to have android auto with the android system integrated so that i can stream movies like through Netflix and such.

I've tried buying the calinkit dongle as well as the square module and only the dongle worked but it only gives me a crappy version of Android Auto.

Anyone here has any idea on how to get this to work for a system that does not have wired carplay system already???

Side Note: If you could also recommend on a nice 360 camera view that can go with this system I'd highly appreciate it. The one i bought works great but the view sucks i can only see the bumper and the ground. I'd like to see what's further back and more upwards.

mariusz439 01-17-2023 02:22 AM

Just install the streaming app on the unit 🤷

tones160 01-17-2023 07:16 PM

That was the first thing i tried to do but obviously it didn't work. My next attempt would be rooting it but navitech built this system and there's not much support there.

mariusz439 01-18-2023 03:07 AM

🤔, I will try to install the app on my unit and check. However so far I can install anything I could on my phone.

tones160 01-18-2023 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mariusz439 (Post 16866518)
🤔, I will try to install the app on my unit and check. However so far I can install anything I could on my phone.

That'd be awesome if you could double for me. The streaming apps tells me it's not compatible.

mariusz439 01-20-2023 03:29 AM

You were right - Netflix and Disney prompt message the apps cannot be installed on the unit. Amazon and HBO can be installed.
Strange as the unit sort is android11 based.

tones160 01-20-2023 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by mariusz439 (Post 16866923)
You were right - Netflix and Disney prompt message the apps cannot be installed on the unit. Amazon and HBO can be installed.
Strange as the unit sort is android11 based.

Yep. I've had this unit for 2 yrs now and i've continuously been researching but i haven't had any luck.

mariusz439 01-21-2023 02:45 AM

There are few annoying things like blocked BT connections, no option for widgets or main screen change.
I like NaviTech aftersales service - so far none of their message was answer to my question 🤷😃 not mentioning perfect timing - other sellers, although i didn't purchased from them, answers faster then they do 😃

Mandos06TL 02-05-2023 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by tones160 (Post 16867081)
Yep. I've had this unit for 2 yrs now and i've continuously been researching but i haven't had any luck.

try sideloading the Netflix apk from a reputable website on Google Chrome

icemint.asa 06-18-2023 11:12 PM

Which Navitech unit do you have? I'm guessing the Tesla style one made specifically for the 3rd gen ?

icemint.asa 06-19-2023 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by tones160 (Post 16866481)
That was the first thing i tried to do but obviously it didn't work. My next attempt would be rooting it but navitech built this system and there's not much support there.

So you can actually do this. The problem is that the firmware this unit comes with doesn't have DRM support. Rooting won't help you use those apps on the unit itself without it having DRM support. Luckily we can use a rom from a Mekede unit that has a 768x1024 display which is what Navitech uses on "Tesla style" unit for our 3rd gen. I go over the details here (under DRM section). They will work without root but I also have methods on how to root these units. Currently working on getting SafetyNet working so we can download all of them from the Play Store instead of sideloading them.
​​​

navitech lisa 02-02-2024 06:01 AM

I am the seller Ms Lisa Peng, i just saw your message, please show me your details by email, roadnavier@proton.com