AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Audio, Bluetooth, Electronics & Navigation (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/)
-   -   Navigation screen flicker/malfunction (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-94/navigation-screen-flicker-malfunction-933443/)

saruman 07-10-2015 04:22 PM

Navigation screen flicker/malfunction

My navigation screen on my 2006 Acura TL is not working now for the last week, it's either blank, flickering with lights, or sometimes it works for a few minutes and then it malfunctions/resets.
I can get a diagnostic at Acura done, but it will cost $125.00 and want to know if it's worth it and if it will accurately get to the root of the problem.

I got a quote on replacing the screen from Acura for $1000.00 (parts and labor), as well I know Alpine will replace the DVD drive for $358.00 if that's the issue; but not sure if it's the screen, the drive or an electrical/wiring problem.

Any insight into what I should do? or what might be the cause?

Thanks

truonghthe 07-11-2015 08:46 AM

find a used screen it cost around $200.

TacoBello 07-11-2015 05:12 PM

Doesn't sound like the drive is your problem. My drive went last year and the symptoms I experienced (as well as others who had their drive fail) were completely different than yours.

Like Truong said, it sounds like it is your screen. I wouldn't pay Acura do it though. If you know how to use a couple screw drivers, know the difference between righty-tighty, lefty-loosey, and know how to undo a few clips, you can have that sucker in and out fairly quickly.

Let us know what happens!

zsameer 07-13-2015 06:49 AM

I had the same issue where it started with a flicker here and there and then the navigation would reset and start to load the disk. If its doing that then its not your screen its the drive. If it just flickers and comes right back to where it was then it could be your screen. Do some more troubleshooting before you spend the money to buy parts you might not need. :2cents: i just went with a nexus install instead of getting it repaired through Alpine for $358.

RexDaddy 07-18-2015 03:22 PM

I'm kind of in the same boat. My Acura 2006 TL nav display went out, but I'm still getting full stereo (Tape, CD and XM). The Nav system rebooted once, forcing me to enter the code again, no problem with that, but then after I turned off the engine, ran an errand and came back, display was gone. It's also the display up where the clock is located as well. Audio info doesn't display there, though the clock, Bluetooth indicator and such still show. I don't think it's the display itself, but some connector? Any ideas?

Nani Tran 07-12-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by RexDaddy (Post 15498530)
I'm kind of in the same boat. My Acura 2006 TL nav display went out, but I'm still getting full stereo (Tape, CD and XM). The Nav system rebooted once, forcing me to enter the code again, no problem with that, but then after I turned off the engine, ran an errand and came back, display was gone. It's also the display up where the clock is located as well. Audio info doesn't display there, though the clock, Bluetooth indicator and such still show. I don't think it's the display itself, but some connector? Any ideas?

Did you ever figure this out? My car is doing the same exact thing and it’s driving me crazy