Navigation Information

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:34 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Information

Hello all,

I'm new to this message board, and have been searching for the past hour for information about the Navigation. My wife and I are about to purchase a 05 TL, and I had a few questions:

(1) I know by reading some of the post, that the Navigation in the 05 is from Alpine, but anyone know what operating system it's is? (Alpine's own, IBM's Linux based kernal, or Windows Automotive 4.2)?

If it's running the Windows Automotive v4.2 OS, then with a regular RF transmiter running in the 27mhz (for example, from their Wireless Microsoft Keyboard), it's possible to load 3rd party software written for Windows CE.NET v4.2 into the Navigation. I've heard someone has already written a little application that uses Bluetooth to download data from the MSN Web Services through a bluetooth connection to a GPRS enabled cell phone...

Is this possible, or is the guy I heard this from smoking some crap???

My job keep me in my car for some part of the day, and it would be nice to have say Stock, Sport Scores, News Headlines, etc... delivered to my Nav screen using my Bluetooth equipped Motorola MPx220 phone to connect to MSN Web Services?

Just Curious.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
IMO, Win CE based... but I don't see anyone breaking the codes or integrate the multiple systems by loading 3rd pary software yet. Maybe I'm wrong here, wish someone could provide the accurate info to you soon.

Welcome to the forum
Old 12-12-2004, 11:42 PM
Racer

I haven't seen much on this forum but I've been following this long thread on the TSX forum.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15410

HTH
Old 12-13-2004, 01:01 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate the welcome and the link to the TSX discussion. I guess so far they've managed to change the banner page. Maybe it's a sign that soon we 'll be able to put our own executables in the Navi and execute them from the menu...

I would be happy if I could add the following new entries:

MSN Gas Prices
MSN Traffic Reports