Navigation - Converter Module to display Video and Audio

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Navigation - Converter Module to display Video and Audio

Has Anyone used this system yet? Sounds like everything all in one unit for 500.00 shipped and allows for 4 video and audio sources AND 4 outputs.

http://www.autoall.com/navigation-converter.htm

Info from the site:
Product Description

This new Navigation Video Switcher System that works with most all Lexus OEM Navigation System. Once installed, it allows factory Navigation Screen to display up to 4 external Video Sources. The system support up to 4 Audio/Video inputs (VCR/DVD/Camera/
Game Consoles, etc) and 4 Audio/Video outputs (1 Custom Navigation Interface plus 3 extra LCD monitors outputs). Each of the 4 AV outputs can independently select/watch any of the 4 AV sources. With a flip of a switch, AV1 can select between Navigation map or our Navigation Video Switcher source to be shown on the Navigation Screen. The navigation system still works in the background when you switch to our system (Navigation Voice guidance will come on when it's supposed to). A small wireless RF remote control is use for the AV sources selection.

We currently have several versions:

Plug&Play Navigation-cable Version (No wire cutting) available for: Acura, Audi w/NaviPlus, Honda, Lexus, Toyota, VW Toureg, Infiniti G35 (require to cut ONLY 1 wire). We are working to have more Plug&Play versions for other make of vehicles.

New Plug&Play System for 2004 Acura TL/RL

New Plug&Play System for Audi with “NaviPlus” factory Navigation System.

New Plug&Play System for VW Toureg

New System for 2005 Chrysler 300c - HEMI (Call ahead for this mod).

New System for ALL Infiniti/Nissan requires cutting Only 4 wires.

New System for Mazda 3/6/RX8 requires cutting Only 4 wires.

New System for BMW, Land Rover, and MINI require to cut Only 3 wires.

New System for Lincoln Aviator/Navigator & Lincoln LS require cutting Only 4 wires.

New System for GMC Yukon-Denali, Cadillac Escalade, & Hummer H2 (Call ahead for this mod).

Important Note for owners of 2003/4 Acura MDX, 2004 Lexus RX330, and Infiniti FX35/45 with factory Rearview Camera: our system does not trick the factory navigation system so it does not mess up any of the navigation CPU/Rearview Camera functions. The GPS/Trip Computer/MPG/Time Travel/Fuel to Distance/etc, will be working in the background when our system is on.

Main Features

Special Functions: Adds Entertainment features to any OEM/After Market Navigation system. Each of the 4 outputs can watch up to 4 independent sources simultaneously. Simple installation.

Automatic on/off following ignition.

New - Built-in Automatic Rearview Camera Function (with detection wire). Plugs right into our unit!

New - Optional 1 S-Video input. (We are the first in the industry).

4 A/V inputs: 4 standard RCA audio/video inputs. (Optional 1 S-Video input)

4 A/V outputs: 1 Special Navigation Interface and 3 RCA audio/video outputs.

Remote Control: Wireless RF remote control for independent sources selection. <---No more needing to point at something!

Power Source/Consumption: DC 12V / 3W max

Overall Dimension: Very compact: 202 W, 36 H, 158 D mm

Package Contents

Navigation Video Switcher System with Simple Instruction
Small RF Remote Control
Connection Cable for Power, Safety, and Main Video Selector Switch
Old 09-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,431 Posts
Kennedy has a unit very much like this one, it's the AVElectronics one which oddly looks exactly like this one. I believe he said he paid around 500 dollars for his as well. Are you going to be doing headrest TV"s and such soon? If not, 500 dollars is quite a bit to spend, why not just spend the 200 for the TVandNav2Go unit from dom?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by csmeance
Kennedy has a unit very much like this one, it's the AVElectronics one which oddly looks exactly like this one. I believe he said he paid around 500 dollars for his as well. Are you going to be doing headrest TV"s and such soon? If not, 500 dollars is quite a bit to spend, why not just spend the 200 for the TVandNav2Go unit from dom?
Because then I would still need to buy the audio setup too.. And who knows maybe later down the road I will add the headrest tvs.. If this is the same as kennedys, do you know if he was happy with it? plus i like it since it is all in one unit..
Old 09-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bzyrice
Because then I would still need to buy the audio setup too.. And who knows maybe later down the road I will add the headrest tvs.. If this is the same as kennedys, do you know if he was happy with it? plus i like it since it is all in one unit..
Last I saw he was happy with his unit, however one thing that I still haven't understood with this unit is how the audio is being routed....
Old 09-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Drifting

Last I saw he was happy with his unit, however one thing that I still haven't understood with this unit is how the audio is being routed....
I was wondering that also.. I am going to call them this week to ask about it.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:14 AM
I need a car in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats pretty good deal. if it works, my setup came close to that price =[
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by thait
thats pretty good deal. if it works, my setup came close to that price =[
Can I ask what your setup is?
Old 09-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I need a car in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my setup is
piex3, going to sell it soon since i want text now
jensen kw module for 3 video output, has 4 video input
doms unit with pnp harness
2 headrest monitor
and wiring parts which ran me about 120 bucks =\, without the 2 headrest monitor i was around the 400 price range.
ill be making a new thread once its done. i spend 8hrs on the install yesterday and ill continue after lunch. will be finished today
Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bzyrice
Can I ask what your setup is?
Bzyrice, if you do get a module, PM me and we can meet up at my house and get this knocked out over the weekend since I have weekends off now!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Drifting

Bzyrice, if you do get a module, PM me and we can meet up at my house and get this knocked out over the weekend since I have weekends off now!!!
Sounds like a plan .. only problem is that I still need to get my Navi in first lol .. I will be working on it hopefully this week.. I hope to have everything in by Friday. Then I want to test it out for a few weeks to make sure I have everything in correctly. THEN I will purchase this.. Just doing research on it now..