Navigation Audio is Muffled and Garbled

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Audio is Muffled and Garbled

Looking for a confirmation on this issue.....
I got in my car on Friday of last week and I was going to use my Nav to find a place to eat lunch. Once I punched in the location and the audio started, it was muffled and garbled very very badly. I was not able to understand it at all. I turn the car off and then tried it again, with the same result. I checked it again on Saturday, and it was still doing the same thing. I was wondering if this was something I could correct with a reset of the Nav. I have my Radio and NAV code, to input back once the car comes back up. I also have the instructions of disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes.
Just want to confirm this as a possible fix for the issue.
Any help on this?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 AM
Honda CBR1100XX

just so you know, i had a very similar problem. nothing but static from the speakers when the nav was supposed to be talking. then, i noticed that the voice commands didn't work. then, the system kept simply rebooting- sometimes during drives of several hours. then, it didn't come up at all. i had the navi drive from the trunk pulled and sent it off to alpine. i got it back about a week ago ($158 later) and everything works %100 again. you can find the address around here.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

wow.. i think i have the same problem. the guidance voice static when it gives turn by turn directions. i'm going to check to see if the voice command still work tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
2nd Gear

I had the same problem this summer on my '05 TL. I received nothing but static and a few clear words intermittently from the unit when I asked the unit to read voice commands. When I made voice commands, the unit would either get confused or not respond. I took my car to the dealership and they had not ever heard anything like it and since my car was under warranty they replaced the whole navigation unit. If your car is still under warranty, take it in; if your car is not still under warranty and you aren't willing to spend the $3000 or so it costs for a new navigation unit, learn to live with it.

Best of luck!