Navi disc verison 4.56a

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007 | 11:48 PM
Instructor

Navi disc verison 4.56a

There's a new Navi disc verison 4.56a (vs 4.55 that orginally came with the 07s) that corrects an issue within the Phoenix, AZ area. Specifically every trailer and mobile home park showed up on the screen (and who knows if they actually existed) like city names without an option to remove them. In some areas so many would appear you couldn't read anything else.

The new verison 4.56a corrects the issue, no other new features that I can tell. So if you live in Phoenix and have an 07 with 4.55 you should contact the dealer for a replacement. They hooked me up with Acura Client Services who had one out to me in less than a week, no charge. Just thought I'd pass this along.
Old 04-04-2007 | 01:00 AM
Intermediate

Nice find. Was wondering if I should call Acura to get an update for my 6 week old TL, but the Navi website has this note: "Announcements: There are no additional map or POI data over the prior version 4.55."

So I guess if you aren't having an issue, no biggie. But I may call Acura just the same to see if there are any updates in my area. Getting up to date w/o spending $185+ is goodness
Old 04-04-2007 | 11:20 AM
Instructor

So I still had two trailer parks pop up on the way to work this morning...but 2 is better than 50. So it's a vast improvement. I don't think Acura really added anything to this verison other than correcting the Phoenix area...but I'm not 100% sure. Funny thing was if you pulled a map on Google in Phoenix, the same issue happened. Must be using the same database or something.
Old 04-04-2007 | 11:48 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

In case anyone isn't clear on this from the first post, this version is for the 2007 TL only; it will not work in the 2004 to 2006 TLs, which use the orange DVD (this one is white).

I believe the FAQ on acuranavi.com says that 4.56 contains a DST patch. IMO you're wasting $185 if you buy it just to get the patch.
Old 04-04-2007 | 11:52 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rventu
... Funny thing was if you pulled a map on Google in Phoenix, the same issue happened. Must be using the same database or something.
Right, I believe they both use Navteq basemaps. Great feature though if you're looking for a nice trailer park to call home in the Phoenix area
Old 04-08-2007 | 06:16 PM
Cruisin'

OK,acuranavi.com
I have a 1 month old TL-S, can't find DST in text search on acuranavi.com faq

Lance
Old 04-08-2007 | 09:43 PM
10th Gear

My disc says 4.55a.
Old 04-09-2007 | 05:57 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Seawolf
My disc says 4.55a.
Mine too, and my TL is 10 days old... I did notice that my clock changed last weekend, so I'm sure the DST is not working correctly on mine, I may have to call Acura Customer Service and see what they say.
Old 04-10-2007 | 06:37 AM
Instructor

I made a couple of calls last night, the first to a number I was given by my Salesman that ended up being the DVD Sales line. They confirmed that version 4.56 did fix the time zone issue. I also noticed that the 07 TL Navi Manual I found on-line showed a screen where you can choose the new March-November DST Schedule or the old April-October schedule. The on-line manual even states that it's set from the factory for the 2007 schedule and if the government decides to revert to the old schedule in 08 or 09 it can be changed back. The DVD Sales Line only wanted to sell me a new DVD, and I felt my 10-day old TL should have come with the latest version DVD so I called Acura Customer Service. I plead my case and was given a Case Number and was told someone would be getting back with me in 1 -2 business days. So, now I'm waiting to hear back to see if they will update my DVD for free. I'll let you know how I make out...
Old 04-10-2007 | 08:39 AM
Instructor

What is the version in the 04-06 TL's?

My navi is displaying the Honda Accord setup and the Acura Customer Service technician said it's because I have the 3.3v and NEED the 3.5v.

Is this right? How else can I revert my navi to the Acura setup?
Old 04-10-2007 | 10:45 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Indy Paul
I made a couple of calls last night, the first to a number I was given by my Salesman that ended up being the DVD Sales line. They confirmed that version 4.56 did fix the time zone issue. I also noticed that the 07 TL Navi Manual I found on-line showed a screen where you can choose the new March-November DST Schedule or the old April-October schedule. The on-line manual even states that it's set from the factory for the 2007 schedule and if the government decides to revert to the old schedule in 08 or 09 it can be changed back. The DVD Sales Line only wanted to sell me a new DVD, and I felt my 10-day old TL should have come with the latest version DVD so I called Acura Customer Service. I plead my case and was given a Case Number and was told someone would be getting back with me in 1 -2 business days. So, now I'm waiting to hear back to see if they will update my DVD for free. I'll let you know how I make out...
Thanks Indy Paul, Acura should of just sent the new ver. to at least 07 owners!
btw, after reading the site, I would of thought the ver would be 4.55b since no new POI or maps are available.

Lance
Old 04-10-2007 | 01:07 PM
Cruisin'

Indy Paul, do let us know what Client Services comes back to you with. I just contacted them, and the agent claimed that 4.56 does NOT correct the DST bug. What number did you call to reach DVD Sales?
Old 04-10-2007 | 05:10 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Indy Paul, do let us know what Client Services comes back to you with. I just contacted them, and the agent claimed that 4.56 does NOT correct the DST bug. What number did you call to reach DVD Sales?
I left the number at work, so I'll have to post it tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it was the same number posted on OwnerLink for purchasing the DVD. In the mean time, check out page 101-102 of the 07 TL Navi manual on this sight:

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/....ASP?YEAR=2007

It shows the screen with the option to choose between the new March-November DST and the old April-October DST. If you check your Navi it won't have that screen if you're running Ver 4.55a, so that tells me Ver 4.56 does have the patch. The guy I spoke to last night told me the same thing, but I pointed out these pages in the on-line manual.
Old 04-11-2007 | 07:44 AM
Instructor

Okay, the number I was given for the Navi DVD Sales is 1-888-549-3798. The number I called for Acura Customer Service is 1-800-382-2238. Hope this helps. Still no word back from them though...
Old 04-11-2007 | 02:05 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2007 | 10:24 PM
Racer

DST patch...if you buy a TL which comes with v4.56

It looks like Acura wants to wait this one out (just in case the government cancels the new DST rules next year).

Keep us informed if ACS sends you a free v4.56 disc with the DST patch.
Old 04-12-2007 | 05:50 AM
Instructor

I spoke with ACS last night and they seem reluctant to give away the new DVD. The comment was that the Ver 4.55a that came with my TL was the latest version when it left the factory. I can't dispute this because I don't know the release date of Version 4.56, but, it has a build date of Feb 07 and we took delivery on 31 March, and the new version was posted on the Acura Owner's Link web page the day we took delivery. So, my arguement is, I don't feel I should have to spend an additional $185.00 after just spending $36K for a new vehicle with the latest cutting edge technology. The conversation ended with the CSR saying she'd talk to her supervisors and would get back with me today. While I think it would be a nice gesture on the part of Acura, and it would make me a very satisfied customer, I'm not expecting it to end with me getting a new DVD. I will keep you posted...
Old 04-13-2007 | 04:31 PM
Racer

They're probably reluctant because if they give it to you, they know that other '07 owners (like me) will turn up the heat. If you do get it, let us know so we can...
Old 04-14-2007 | 08:05 AM
Instructor

I'm still working with them. I missed a call from ACS yesterday and by time I called back they were closed. Will try them again on Monday... Stay tuned!
Old 04-19-2007 | 07:13 AM
Instructor

I got my Navi Version 4.56a in the mail yesterday and installed it last night. As far as I can tell, the only difference between it and Version 4.55a is the option to pick DST Mar-Nov or the old DST Apr-Oct. Our house number (or the street we live on) still don't appear on the map even though we've lived there 3 1/2 years! Because the surrounding streets are brown and thus not main streets, according to the Navi website I can't even report this, so it will probably not get incorporated into future releases either. So, I guess I'll just continue to live in the middle of a corn field, or at least that's what my state of the art Navigation system is telling me! Sadly, I just recently updated my TomTom GPS (which recognized our address and street), and it only cost $59.00 and added many new features to the GPS. It's a crying shame what Acura/Alpine charges for their Updates, and don't include anything more than a DST Patch! My suggestion to anyone else with Version 4.55a, save your money, 4.56a isn't worth it!
Old 04-19-2007 | 12:23 PM
Instructor

As mentioned, I haven't seen any benefit to the updated 4.56a either unless you live in the Phoenix, AZ area.... to get rid of the pesky trailer parks
Old 04-19-2007 | 07:32 PM
Racer

I got my Navi Version 4.56a in the mail yesterday and installed it last night. As far as I can tell, the only difference between it and Version 4.55a is the option to pick DST Mar-Nov or the old DST Apr-Oct. Our house number (or the street we live on) still don't appear on the map even though we've lived there 3 1/2 years! Because the surrounding streets are brown and thus not main streets, according to the Navi website I can't even report this, so it will probably not get incorporated into future releases either. So, I guess I'll just continue to live in the middle of a corn field, or at least that's what my state of the art Navigation system is telling me! Sadly, I just recently updated my TomTom GPS (which recognized our address and street), and it only cost $59.00 and added many new features to the GPS. It's a crying shame what Acura/Alpine charges for their Updates, and don't include anything more than a DST Patch! My suggestion to anyone else with Version 4.55a, save your money, 4.56a isn't worth it!
You're not telling me you had to pay for it ?
Old 04-27-2007 | 04:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dampfnudel
You're not telling me you had to pay for it ?
Okay, sorry for all the delays, but I wanted to make sure everything worked out before posting any mis-information...

I did get the new DVD (Ver 4.56a) and Acura Reimbursed me for the purchase. Now, before everyone calls Acura Cumtomer Care and starts demanding a new DVD, let me explain what happened as it may have an impact on your outcome.

First, I noticed the DST flaw the day after we took delivery. We purchased on 31 March, and I noticed the time on the clock was wrong the following morning (April 1st, the old DST time change date). I contacted our dealership the following day (Monday) and asked what was up. The day I noticed it I also found this thread, so I knew the patch was out there. I also knew I had version 4.55a in the car, and found out from Acura DVD Sales that version 4.56a was released Sep 2006, well before the build date of my car (Feb 2007). The dealership wasn't going to do anything but told me to contact customer care. In the mean time, I also found the on-line Navi Owner's Manual (see one of my previous posts in this thread for the link) that showed the screen where you chould choose between the old (Apr-Oct) DST change and the new (Mar-Nov) DST change. So, armed with all that information I plead my case to Acura Customer Care. The Rep I was dealing with said she needed to discuss it with her supervisor then came back to me a couple days later and said they normally don't replace the DVD's for free, but being as I had made such a good case, and had purchased the car just a few days prior, they would pay the the new DVD as a goodwill gesture. I had to purchase the DVD and then submit the reciept to Acura Customer Care for approval. About a week later I recieved a call saying the check was approved and would be mailed the same day. Today I recieved the check in the mail from Acura Customer Care in the amount of $202.10, which is the cost of the DVD plus tax and shipping!

Needless to say, I am very impressed with Acura thus far! But, I don't know if this will work for everyone. If you just purchased your car, then give it a try, if you're in the market for a new TL, I would check the DVD version and have them throw in the new version as part of the deal. If they won't reimburse you for your Ver 4.56a, then I would suggest waiting till September of this year when the next release is due, because other than the DST Patch, I have not seen anything else different between Ver 4.56a and 4.55a. Hope this helps some...
Old 04-28-2007 | 10:41 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dampfnudel
They're probably reluctant because if they give it to you, they know that other '07 owners (like me) will turn up the heat. If you do get it, let us know so we can...
LOL !
Old 04-29-2007 | 05:54 PM
Racer

Okay, sorry for all the delays, but I wanted to make sure everything worked out before posting any mis-information...

I did get the new DVD (Ver 4.56a) and Acura Reimbursed me for the purchase. Now, before everyone calls Acura Cumtomer Care and starts demanding a new DVD, let me explain what happened as it may have an impact on your outcome.

First, I noticed the DST flaw the day after we took delivery. We purchased on 31 March, and I noticed the time on the clock was wrong the following morning (April 1st, the old DST time change date). I contacted our dealership the following day (Monday) and asked what was up. The day I noticed it I also found this thread, so I knew the patch was out there. I also knew I had version 4.55a in the car, and found out from Acura DVD Sales that version 4.56a was released Sep 2006, well before the build date of my car (Feb 2007). The dealership wasn't going to do anything but told me to contact customer care. In the mean time, I also found the on-line Navi Owner's Manual (see one of my previous posts in this thread for the link) that showed the screen where you chould choose between the old (Apr-Oct) DST change and the new (Mar-Nov) DST change. So, armed with all that information I plead my case to Acura Customer Care. The Rep I was dealing with said she needed to discuss it with her supervisor then came back to me a couple days later and said they normally don't replace the DVD's for free, but being as I had made such a good case, and had purchased the car just a few days prior, they would pay the the new DVD as a goodwill gesture. I had to purchase the DVD and then submit the reciept to Acura Customer Care for approval. About a week later I recieved a call saying the check was approved and would be mailed the same day. Today I recieved the check in the mail from Acura Customer Care in the amount of $202.10, which is the cost of the DVD plus tax and shipping!

Needless to say, I am very impressed with Acura thus far! But, I don't know if this will work for everyone. If you just purchased your car, then give it a try, if you're in the market for a new TL, I would check the DVD version and have them throw in the new version as part of the deal. If they won't reimburse you for your Ver 4.56a, then I would suggest waiting till September of this year when the next release is due, because other than the DST Patch, I have not seen anything else different between Ver 4.56a and 4.55a. Hope this helps some...
If version 4.56a was released in September 2006, why did my 12/06 built TL (as well as all other '07 TLs until last month) get v4.55a ? Maybe I should give them a call. Then again, maybe I making too much of this. I have other more important things to worry about.
Old 04-29-2007 | 06:01 PM
Instructor

What do you mean until last month? I'm not seen any indication they are shipping the navi equipped TL's with anything other than 4.55a! Which is why I said something... Has anyone bought a TL with a build date newer than Feb 2007? If so what version of the Navi DVD came with yours?
Old 04-29-2007 | 06:20 PM
Racer

I thought they started shipping 4.56a on TLs built in March/April. Like you said, maybe someone who just bought a TL built this month or last month can tell us.
Old 04-29-2007 | 07:24 PM
Banned

I picked up my car on the 19th of april... I don't know how to check when its built but I had the new 4.56a disc.
Old 04-29-2007 | 07:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RedHOT411
I picked up my car on the 19th of april... I don't know how to check when its built but I had the new 4.56a disc.
Look at the sticker in the door jamb on the drivers door, it should list a month/year which is the manufacture date.
Old 04-29-2007 | 07:57 PM
Banned

Look at the sticker in the door jamb on the drivers door, it should list a month/year which is the manufacture date.
Just checked... 04/07 so April.
Old 05-28-2007 | 12:00 PM
2nd Gear

4.56 anywhere on Bit Torrent?

Was curious if anyone has found the 4.56 version of the Navigation DVD on Bit Torrent?
Old 05-28-2007 | 12:27 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by stever88
Was curious if anyone has found the 4.56 version of the Navigation DVD on Bit Torrent?
I checked with Reach and he said this was OK.