Navi Diagnostic Screen?? woah

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navi Diagnostic Screen?? woah

From a post in the photo area I was just introduced to this Diagnostic Navi screen. I was suprised because I thought it would just display the GPS Information, however many other options came up. I can't find these in any manual.

Does anyone know what these options do?

For example... in addition to GPS Information...
Tire Calibrate?
Yaw Rate?
Navi System
Monitor Check
Car Status
and several more.

Oh and I searched the forum. Did not find a post on this.

Thanks,
Old 08-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

be careful what you do, someone on the forums jacked up their navi selection (it loaded accord i think) but he couldn't get it back.

navi system is actually quite useful, i used it to diagnostic the fact that my antenna was disconnected (stupid body shop). then i actually tore up the trunk and opened it up to reconnect the antenna myself.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Yeah, I have not messed with the settings, but some look like they might benifit me. I don't want to touch it unless I have some manual or something. Which is why I posted the question.

For example, when I drive with the radio blasting and the Navi providing directions the Navi volume seems really low in comparison to the radio. Can I configure that here?

Any help and information would be aprishiated.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:43 PM
Cruisin'

their is another scren in the setup section of the navigation to select the volume of the navigation voice. Its a separate volume from the radio
Old 08-27-2004, 02:48 PM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
There's a way to see the Trip Log where it will tell you how fast you are going per second I think. But mine is always grayed out. Does yours look like that?
Old 08-27-2004, 03:35 PM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuetatesu
Yeah, I have not messed with the settings, but some look like they might benifit me. I don't want to touch it unless I have some manual or something. Which is why I posted the question.

For example, when I drive with the radio blasting and the Navi providing directions the Navi volume seems really low in comparison to the radio. Can I configure that here?

Any help and information would be aprishiated.
Check your center channel speaker volume. I believe the center speaker is the only speaker for the NAVI voice.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone find the "off" button for the navigation boot warning about looking at the screen while driving?
Old 08-31-2004, 12:41 AM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

Originally Posted by spyfish007
Anyone find the "off" button for the navigation boot warning about looking at the screen while driving?
Theres no such thing, for both legal and practical (booting time?) reasons.
Old 08-31-2004, 09:04 AM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spyfish007
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I've been wondering something. When you burn a DVD, you have the option of "leaving off" certain chapters, and skipping right to a specific chapter. I'm wondering -- hypothetically, of course -- if someone were to copy the DVD, only leaving off the "warning" chapter; instead, skipping directly to the chapter that pressing "Ok" normally goes to... I wonder if that would work. What do you all think?
Old 08-31-2004, 10:13 AM
Team Anthracite Member

!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2004, 12:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by JT3
Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but I've been wondering something. When you burn a DVD, you have the option of "leaving off" certain chapters, and skipping right to a specific chapter. I'm wondering -- hypothetically, of course -- if someone were to copy the DVD, only leaving off the "warning" chapter; instead, skipping directly to the chapter that pressing "Ok" normally goes to... I wonder if that would work. What do you all think?
Wheels spinning .... mmmmm might be right. I'll have to load up the DVD on a computer and see what I get.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

not that I like to promote thread jacking . . .

1)The Navigation voice as stated is one of the setups in the setup pages. I was wrong in a different post, when I said it was page 2... it is page 1 of the setup pages and it's a slider called "VOICE". it also has OFF as a volume option.

2)Boot-Up of the Navigation system from DVD.
Please feel free to correct me, but I thought that the navigation system software comes in two separate chunks. There is some type of permenant memory that is the Navigation software. Think of this as the operating system for the navigation system. You can update it by using a special DVD, which loads new system software.

The second chunk of software is the Navigation DVD. Think of this as simply a bunch of maps and points of interest. It's the disc that is normally in your navigation system player. The system boots up, out of it's own memory and then begins reading the DVD of the maps and points of interest. It copies some of the local map information into system memory for quick displaying of that info.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:12 PM
Instructor

You could have an onboard hardware EEPROM or FPGA that you have to flash similar to flashing your home computer BIOS or it could be on the DVD. There are many different ways to do this and it depends at what level did they go to put this "warning" on the screen.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Instructor

Hehe... all is interesting information, but I guess nobody really know what those options do or where I can get the information about them.

I mean... what is all this stuff...

Tire Calibrate?
Yaw Rate?
Navi System
Monitor Check
Car Status
and several more.

Bummer... I'd like to know.
Old 09-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Cruisin'

Check my previous posts. I turned my navi to the honda version

The dealer got the acura firmware loaded by removing the ecu and reseating it. The loss of power set it to factory default. A 20 minutes battery disconnect will prolly do the same thing. Just don't click CAN (turn to Canadian version) or Load From Disc (this will load a different version on your navi).

BTW, I belive the trie calibrate is to tell the GPS how to function when it can not read the sats. For example, while in a parking garage your navigation still works. It uses a combo of tire rotations with a magnetic compass to estimate your position. Not as accurate as the sats but damn cool. Also works if you go thru a long tunnel.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:04 AM
8th Gear

I did this and found out all my information is lost!!! The history, calendar, address book etc all are gone.

-B.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just being curious, how does one get into the diagnostic screen. I'll be carefull and not change anything, but I'd like to see all the data myself. Thanks!!
Old 10-08-2004, 07:20 AM
Cruisin'

Take a look at this thread it will show you how to access the Navi Diagnostics

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...vi+diagnostics

Jim Kirk