Navi auto backlight

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:01 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Navi auto backlight

Good evening all, I am new to the world of the Acura, as I picked up my '06 MT this past Monday! Forgive me if I sound like I am asking a stupid question, but here is the situation. When the car detects Driver 2 (my key fob) the navi screen turns black when I turn on the headlights, this makes sense as the setting is in the "auto" position, however when my baby opens the car with her keys (key Fob 1), and driver 1 is detected, the screen on the navi maintains the daytime appearence even when the lights are turned on. The settings for auto screen has not changed. If I change the setting to "night" then the screen will turn black. Any idea as to why the "auto" setting doesn't work? Is there something I am missing? Thanks for the help. BTW this car is ..... I can't even come up with the word I love it so much.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:07 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
The problem sounds like that when the "suspect" key fob is put into the car...it defaults to the settings attached to this when it was programmed. Simple fix...go to the settings and change the brightness from MAX or whatever they call the MAX setting....down just one notch! This will cause it to dim dark when you turn on the headlights like your other key fob. If you dont want it to dim...turn it up to max brightness and it will never dim, even with the lights on.

The settings are "FOB dependant" so it becomes personalized. Different seat settings, ect. stored so when that driver comes to drive the car...they are restored.

Crux of the problem....setting on the brightness control of your navi screen setup. If it is set to max brightness...it never dims with the lights. And you will have to set it twice most likely...with each fob!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:12 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks ... worked like a charm .... I knew it was something stupid!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:14 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 6MTandSprintST
Thanks ... worked like a charm .... I knew it was something stupid!
Ah...not stupid at all! Has happened to many people, happy to help you out!! Glad it was simple!!

BTW...welcome to the board! You will find just about all you want to know about your new TL here on Acurazine.