Nav Problem... Taking into dealer... need advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Nav Problem... Taking into dealer... need advice

Well it has been almost a year since I bought my 2004 TL A-spec. I am taking it in tomorrow as my nav system's voice has all kinds of static when it speaks. My CPO warranty is up in a couple weeks, so I want to get this taken care of.

A couple other things annoy me, but I am not sure if they are problems, or just old tech. They are:

- No number shows up when I get an incoming call on iPhone. It ust says "incoming call". Is this how all 2004's are?

- It is next to impossible to ask the car to do anything via HLF. I can say play track 1, and it turn off the radio. It never understands me and takes forever to process what I said. Is this normal, or can I complain and ask to upgrade it?

-I would love to get an upgraded Nav brain, but there is probably a slim chance of this, correct? Has anyone had the newer brain (like in the type s's)in a 2004?

Just thought I would ask... Thanks for the advice in advance!

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Hi Jeff,

First off you can't really upgrade the navi to the 4.xx system without spending some serious money! But as far as the other problems, it could be a bad navi drive and a bad microphone. The dealer will check the mic through diagnostics and see if they can find out if it's bad.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by packohotdogs
Well it has been almost a year since I bought my 2004 TL A-spec. I am taking it in tomorrow as my nav system's voice has all kinds of static when it speaks. My CPO warranty is up in a couple weeks, so I want to get this taken care of.

A couple other things annoy me, but I am not sure if they are problems, or just old tech. They are:

- No number shows up when I get an incoming call on iPhone. It ust says "incoming call". Is this how all 2004's are?

- It is next to impossible to ask the car to do anything via HLF. I can say play track 1, and it turn off the radio. It never understands me and takes forever to process what I said. Is this normal, or can I complain and ask to upgrade it?

-I would love to get an upgraded Nav brain, but there is probably a slim chance of this, correct? Has anyone had the newer brain (like in the type s's)in a 2004?

Just thought I would ask... Thanks for the advice in advance!

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff,
There's been a few members with the same problem you're having with the nav speaking static and not responding to voice inputs, including me.

See this link:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643578

I'm not having the MID/Phone display problem you are having. I have a RAZR and a HTC Touch, both work OK.
Let us know what you find out after the trip to the dealer. More than likely it's the NAV-DVD unit in the trunk.

Good Luck!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Update... They said I have a bad Nav module and they are sending it out for a refurbished one. They said it will take 3-4 weeks to come back in. Until then no nav or radio!! CD works though... I asked about the mic, and protocol says to replace the nav unit. If that doesn't fix it, then they will order an upgraded HFL module.