Was the Music Link upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was the Music Link upgraded?

I cut and pasted the below statement directly from Acura's website today. It clearly states that I am able to "Use the audio system's controls to search for and play music from your iPod ...Use the steering wheel-mounted audio control buttons to search for and play music from your iPod "

I remember when this first came out that you had to use voice commands to search for songs and that they even listed using your voice as a features. Now they don't even list anything about voice. Was there an upgrade done to these or is it the same old crappy system as before?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acura Music Link (for iPodŽ)
Play music from your Apple iPod through your vehicle's audio system
Get crisp, digital-quality sound results
Use the audio system's controls to search for and play music from your iPod
Use the steering wheel-mounted audio control buttons to search for and play music from your iPod
The Music Link system charges your iPod battery while it's connected and the vehicle is on
Acura Music Link kit includes a dealer-installed Music Link cable, a Quick Reference Guide to get you started, and an Acura Music Link CD
For additional information, please contact Acura Customer Service at 1-800-382-2238

MSRP: $214.00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-31-2006, 04:50 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
99% sure it's the same old crappy system... I bet they removed the "your voice" text because it could be misinterpretted as being voice controlled, like the HFL.

The Musiclink is garbage. I used it for 1 day then returned it, only after a scathing call to Acura customer service... I was also informed this was not the first call they had recieved about this.

What irked me most was the 2-3 HOURS it took to run the TTS siftware on a meager 1GB Nano. Unacceptable.

Originally Posted by Onac
I cut and pasted the below statement directly from Acura's website today. It clearly states that I am able to "Use the audio system's controls to search for and play music from your iPod ...Use the steering wheel-mounted audio control buttons to search for and play music from your iPod "

I remember when this first came out that you had to use voice commands to search for songs and that they even listed using your voice as a features. Now they don't even list anything about voice. Was there an upgrade done to these or is it the same old crappy system as before?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acura Music Link (for iPodŽ)
Play music from your Apple iPod through your vehicle's audio system
Get crisp, digital-quality sound results
Use the audio system's controls to search for and play music from your iPod
Use the steering wheel-mounted audio control buttons to search for and play music from your iPod
The Music Link system charges your iPod battery while it's connected and the vehicle is on
Acura Music Link kit includes a dealer-installed Music Link cable, a Quick Reference Guide to get you started, and an Acura Music Link CD
For additional information, please contact Acura Customer Service at 1-800-382-2238

MSRP: $214.00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------