Missed my navi while on PEI

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missed my navi while on PEI

Took my TL up to PEI (Prince Edward Island for those geographically challenged) and noticed that once I got to the border that my roads disappeared. Kept heading east in New Brunswick and then my map disappeared. Not only is the Canadian Maritimes have no roads mapped but they are not even on the map itself!

The navi system then started acting up as expected. I could not use the buttons to zoom in and out on the map but voice commands did work. I guess it was trying to figure out where the heck it was.

I just didn't realize how much I missed being able to use it for a week. Too bad too as I couldn't show it off to my relatives up there. I tried to explain it to them but not sure they understood. Wonder if I can set up a camera to tape a few minutes of it so they know what it is supposed to do.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:59 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onalake
Took my TL up to PEI (Prince Edward Island for those geographically challenged) and noticed that once I got to the border that my roads disappeared. Kept heading east in New Brunswick and then my map disappeared. Not only is the Canadian Maritimes have no roads mapped but they are not even on the map itself!

The navi system then started acting up as expected. I could not use the buttons to zoom in and out on the map but voice commands did work. I guess it was trying to figure out where the heck it was.

I just didn't realize how much I missed being able to use it for a week. Too bad too as I couldn't show it off to my relatives up there. I tried to explain it to them but not sure they understood. Wonder if I can set up a camera to tape a few minutes of it so they know what it is supposed to do.

LOL same goes for me
the street i am living on is not even on the map !
and i live in B.C vancouver
when i pick up the car and drove home 2 weeks ago! i am like WTF!
Old 08-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The dealer salesrep did point that out when I was shopping for my TL that the Navi coverage is kind of limited in Canada to major cities.

I have chosen to go without the Navi package as I already have a working Nav with my pocketpc and the coverage for Canada is very good for the areas I have tried it up to now, Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Quebec & Ontario.

Since I already had the PocketPC, the GPS Nav. setup was an additional $300 CDN and I have the added benefits to take it with me when I travel by plane and rent a car.

Also, the yearly updates are $49 USD ands you can get free updates on-line should there be updated maps or software dutring that year.

Best regards from somewhere north of Montreal

Frenchnew