MAssive audio system tell me your thougts

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAssive audio system tell me your thougts

Hey guys whats up, i just got my car out of the body shop and this week whall on im vacation its going to the audio shop. since im spending alot of money i would like some of ur guys oppnions.i have in mind what i mostly want but there are a few options i could cange here is what i have in mind so far

Speakers
(subwoofers)
2 massive audio compitition level stage 2,Specs: 12 in. Subwoofer. Dual 2.5 in. 4ohm, 4 layer voice coils with 54mm winding length on composite kapton / fiberglass former. Conex spider, custom injected poly-mica cone with clear polymer to Illuminate Logo. High current woven silver plated tinsel leads. 1”tall rolled Santoprene surround for MASSIVE excursion. Removable gasket allows Onsite Re-Coning. 40mm. Peak to peak X-Max. Dual Stacked 150 oz. Magnets, label plate with chrome finish. Competition grade cast aluminum basket. Molded ABS high ventilation label plate with chrome finish. 600w RMS / 1200 Max. New platinum plated 5 way binding post with push-in terminals accommodates 8 gauge wires.

(Co-axial)
1 Set performance series,Specs: 4 in., 2-way, 120 W Max., Vacuum formed poly-mica custom cone, Butyl rubber surround, 22mm coated silk convex dome on 3/4” swivel mount tweeter, 6db Filter.

(Component)
1 Set Ck stage 2 component speakers,Specs: 6x9 in. 2-way, 280W Max, Carbon Fiber Cone, Butyl rubber surround, 25mm Nomax dome tweeter, 18db Crossover.

now as far as amps go im not shure what i need the guy at the shop is going to pick that out but it will also be massive audio. if you guys have any suggestions please tell me. now my other qustion is....i have a 7 channel amp in my car right now i could take that out and put a massive amp for the speakers or i could use it and get a 10in subwoofer inbetween the 2 12's, would it be overkill to do that and just for looks or would it make a diffrence.

Multimedia
(headunit/dvd)
Pioneer Avic-z1. now i am pretty shue i am going to go with the Z1, i was just wondering if there is anything new coming out and if u can set it up so if u get headrest monitors that u can watch DVD's whall the car is in motion or do you need a seperate dvd player

(headrest monitors),Not shure about these yet...any suggestions???

Speaker Box
(custom box) What kind of box should i get for the subwoffers,suggestions,pictures,drawings anything would be greatly appreciated

Do i need crossovers/Equalizers? is there somthing elese i need. what do u guys think about that system

www.massiveaudio.com check them out. please gimme some feedback guys and as soon as its done i WILL POST PICS
Old 01-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Why Massive Audio?

Plenty of other High End stuff that is better since money is not the issue.

What's your budget? $$$???

Focal
Zapco
Audison
Mactinosh
Alpine
Adire
Morel
Image Dynamics
CD Technologies (CDT)

To name a few.

Are you going for SPL or SQ?

Is this for bragging rights or will you be competing?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Cruisin'

nether for brgging rights or compitition. i got a great deal on the massive stuff. subs,speakers,amp,box,install. all for 1750. i want a system that looks great and sounds even better. oh yea what do u guys think get the avic-Z1 now or keep the stock and get a avic-Z2 in april King of Pain do you think thats a good deal? or would u go with somthing elese for that price.....
Old 01-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Disturbin' The Peace!

A buddy of mine just became a Massive Audio dealer. I have to tell you that stuff is pretty impressive. I agree with Acura04Cee, for the money you can't beat the quality. How many companies build a component set that handles 180watts rms?! That kind of power is insane in a component speaker system. I say go for it. If you want great quality stuff at a good price that is.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Supercharged 2005 TL NBP

I have Focals for the mids and highs and MTX's 12' (2) for subwoofers I use to have the JL 12' W6's
~Jason