Maintenance Required light of 2008 TL

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 10:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maintenance Required light of 2008 TL

I don't have a manual and don't know how to get rid of the Maintenance Required warning.
Thank you for answering what must be just a simple look-up in the manual.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:38 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
Welcome bigmutt.

We're generally a helpful lot around here but we do ask that folks fish as best they can. So here's a tip that I find really helpful. I actually use it quite a lot.

An easy way to search round here is to do it with Google. Just type in "site:acurazine.com reset maintenance light 2008" for this one

Here's the results for the same.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site...m=122&ie=UTF-8

Also, DL a copy of this right from Acura Owner's Manuals | 2008 Acura TL | Acura Owners Site

And... saw your 3x3 question. Again there "site:acurazine.com 3x3" would net good results.
Old 03-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Cruisin'

thanks, adobeman, for trying to help.
yes, I am new to this site and can use some tips to finding what I need here.
I should have added in my post that I made quite a few attempts at searching for the answer. After all, I want to know the answer NOW, not on following days when other members offer their answers. So after 15 minutes or so, I gave up.

Okay, so now I tried your method ... namely googling the following line:
"site:acurazine.com reset maintenance light 2008" without quotes of course
the result is a message saying "You'll need a new app to open this site. Look for an app in the Store."
Same results when I tried the 3X3 info search.
(Windows 10 o/s, nothing unusual with my laptop)

So your intentions were good, but somehow doesn't work for me.

So I tried the actual link you posted ... and it resulted in quite a few hits.
But ultimately these also did not help me; here's why:

when I follow the instruction (common to most of the posts) I'm stymied at the point where instruction is: 2) If the engine oil life is not displayed, press the SEL/RESET
button on the steering wheel repeatedly.

3) Press and hold the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel for
more than 10 seconds. The remaining engine oil life reset mode will be shown on the multiinformation display.

Well, no where does Oil Life show up on the display. I have tried every possible sequence and just cannot find this Oil Life item anywhere.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,753 Likes on 6,750 Posts
Originally Posted by bigmutt
I should have added in my post that I made quite a few attempts at searching for the answer. After all, I want to know the answer NOW, not on following days when other members offer their answers. So after 15 minutes or so, I gave up.

the result is a message saying "You'll need a new app to open this site. Look for an app in the Store."

when I follow the instruction (common to most of the posts) I'm stymied at the point where instruction is: 2) If the engine oil life is not displayed, press the SEL/RESET

more than 10 seconds. The remaining engine oil life reset mode will be shown on the multiinformation display.

Well, no where does Oil Life show up on the display. I have tried every possible sequence and just cannot find this Oil Life item anywhere.

Any suggestions?
Oil life is after you click into Trip Computer. press up or down until you see trip computer then press select then up and down until you see oil life. and THEN hold it. Do you have your user manual, i believe it's in there as well.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any suggestions?
It's at the main MID screen where you can see the miles on your TL. Hitting select switches between Trip A and B and up/down cycle trough outside temp and oil life monitor.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:01 PM
Cruisin'

Oil Life is just not there. MIA

Thanks Thoiboi and iFreeStylin:
I really appreciate you taking the time to post answers.
No, I don't have an owner's manual, which was why I was asking for advise here.
but really .... there is absolutely no sign of this Oil Life reading.
ALL the other readings y'all mentioned, like trip computer, miles, trip A and B, temperature etc. are there just like you say, but apparently MY TL left out that crucial measurement of Oil Life.
I mean, I'd certainly rather know about oil life than temperature, right? But it's just not showing.
Btw, when I hold down the Select button while in the screen showing average mileage etc. for more than ten seconds, it starts beeping and cycling through "plus-or-minus" temp settings of plus 1, 2, or 3, then minus 1, 2, or 3 which appears to be a fine-tuning adjustment to the temperature reading. Selecting +3 for example will add 3 degrees to the displayed temperature later.

But no Oil Life !!
Maybe I just got a dud.
I suppose I could travel to an Acura dealership (quite far away) but not just for asking about this.
There's a lot worse problems I could have, that thankfully I don't.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:39 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 185 Likes on 131 Posts
After all, I want to know the answer NOW, not on following days when other members offer their answers. So after 15 minutes or so, I gave up.
You might want to "check" that attitude a bit. Fifteen minutes is nothing. I guarantee you others here spend more time "fishing" before they ask. You may not think so but I am trying to help you here. Seriously.

But, I get it, you want the dang message to go away. Here are some videos of people doing the procedure.

Here's someone doing it on a 2008 TL Type S

Here is someone doing it on an 05 like mine

In the link I gave to you for the 2008 Owners Manual on the Acura Site is this page's information is not working? Since you don't have a copy of the manual you may want to download. Or if you care not to DL it and want paper here's one 2008 Acura TL Vehicle Owners Manual Book Handbook MK705 | eBay