List things needed to setup CarPc

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
List things needed to setup CarPc

Can someone please give me the list of items that are needed to set up the CarPc? I want it on the original Nav screen. Thank you!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:37 PM
I need a car in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much r u plan on spending? Price will go up dramatically. I can help u make a small list
Old 10-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by thait
How much r u plan on spending? Price will go up dramatically. I can help u make a small list
since i wont be using it that often .. the cheapest the better? I just want to have it in the car. I already installed the DVD - just want the PC in it too.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I need a car in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so u mean u got the doms or nav2go module?

the computer price will very depending on how fast u want it, also the accessories.
have you striped your car apart yet?
if yours a navi i believe a person was able to hack the stock navi screen to get the touchscreen to work with a usb out. seems really complicated but i might attempt this once i finish building my car, ure going to open up the navi and cut a slot then get the wires out, trial and error here as he didnt get the full spec out since he did it on trial and error also.

whats your main goal u want it to do? right now im using my iphone as my media device for videos, internet, and music. which is good for right now till i want to step it up a notch.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 AM
2004 TL !!

Originally Posted by thait
so u mean u got the doms or nav2go module?

the computer price will very depending on how fast u want it, also the accessories.
have you striped your car apart yet?
if yours a navi i believe a person was able to hack the stock navi screen to get the touchscreen to work with a usb out. seems really complicated but i might attempt this once i finish building my car, ure going to open up the navi and cut a slot then get the wires out, trial and error here as he didnt get the full spec out since he did it on trial and error also.

whats your main goal u want it to do? right now im using my iphone as my media device for videos, internet, and music. which is good for right now till i want to step it up a notch.
so basically ur saying ur using the internet on the iphone, and its displaying up on the factory navigation screen??.... well i have a Isimple from the group buy on its way... what else would i need to do this?

or get videos to play up on my navi screen using the iphone... i do not have any video adapters yet.. what do you recommend to work with Isimple.. or is the isimple gonna be useless
Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Instructor

check out my link if you are still interested!