Laser jammers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:34 AM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Laser jammers?

Anyone running them? Whats the best mounting spot for the TL? I was thinking near the front foglights.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:02 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have mine located in my grills by the fogs, and my rear one mounted above license plate
Old 04-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How well do these work? And how expensive are some decent ones?

Last edited by FollowingNFront; 04-03-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:07 AM
A6 and TL

^^ same question. I am interested in purchasing some good ones but for a good price.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Do you ever worry about rock chips mounting that low?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
h2point2 ... any reviews on the jammers you are using? like everyone is asking, how well do they work?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Interested as well in reviews
Old 04-03-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I've been meaning to pull the trigger on one of these, but I'm also in for reviews from some Azine members about these...
Old 04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by h2point2
i have mine located in my grills by the fogs, and my rear one mounted above license plate
I'm assuming you have a ZR4 then? I want to try and save you a ticket by telling you that the rear head on the ZR4 is useless as a jammer and the front heads are too weak to protect your vehicle when mounted that low. I test jammers in my free time, have shot every laser gun on the market, and tested most jammers on the market.

To OP: The best jammer on the market is the Laser Interceptor. The fog lights are WAYYY to low to adequately protect the TL. I have done experiments with Caiman using 2 heads mounted in that same position and easily got punch-throughs on his car in excess of 500ft away. I would suggest you mount here where I have mine mounted in these positions:

Last edited by Woodscolby; 04-03-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
wow clean install ... so ur saying that the rear jammer is useless on only the model listed or across the board in general rear jammers dont work that well?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VQPower37
wow clean install ... so ur saying that the rear jammer is useless on only the model listed or across the board in general rear jammers dont work that well?
The Zr4 rear head is useless not all jammers. The front heads can provide decent protection if they are mounted in the best possible location. Unfortunately the fog light area on the front will not cover the vehicle with any jammer, regardless of how powerful it is. The main problem there is detection. The beam of a laser gun is in the shape of a square that proportionally increases in size as distance increase. Your average gun today has a beam width and height of 3ft at 1000ft. Most encounters on the road (excluding Georgia residents as the officer has to be visible for at least 500' although they don't always follow that law as most residents don't know it) will occur at 500' or less leaving your headlights vulnerable to punch throughs if you have a low mounted jammer regardless of what brand you own.

Just a bit of information, the rear of the vehicle is much harder to protect than the front of the vehicle as you are starting very close range and the officer has the greatest chance of the jammer not seeing the shot as the beam is the most narrow. The rear install is the least forgiving and needs to be optimal to be effective. My car has been tested multiple times against every current gun on the market and will jam all the way to the gun and will also jam from the gun to the guns maximum distance. You cannot obtain a reading with any gun on the market on either side of the car. Of course that was just for testing purposes, I would never jam all the way to the officer. The proper usage of a jammer is when you receive an alert, you slow to the speed limit, kill the jammer, and let the officer obtain a speed reading.

Last edited by Woodscolby; 04-03-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Cruisin'

Hello everyone...
im here to tell you that tese "laser jammers" DO NOT WORK! trust me when i tell you. the officer will hae the radar gun off and turn it on when he sees u coing not giving you anytime to slow down then you are f'ed! not only that but now they have these radar guns that are ridiculoous that can read mad far and jammers wont work coz we've tried some jammers an they didnt work. so just becareful! id say about 95% of the time they dont work. good luck and drive safe.. actually drive it like you stole it! lol
Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ACOSTA911
Hello everyone...
im here to tell you that tese "laser jammers" DO NOT WORK! trust me when i tell you. the officer will hae the radar gun off and turn it on when he sees u coing not giving you anytime to slow down then you are f'ed! not only that but now they have these radar guns that are ridiculoous that can read mad far and jammers wont work coz we've tried some jammers an they didnt work. so just becareful! id say about 95% of the time they dont work. good luck and drive safe.. actually drive it like you stole it! lol
You have no idea what you are talking about. What you are referring to is a technique commonly referred to as "instant on" radar. This IS NOT a laser detector and it IS NOT a RADAR jammer. It is a LIDAR(Laser) jammer which is completely different.

A laser gun operates by firing multiple pulses per second. For example, a Kustom Pro Laser III shoots 200 pulses of light from the gun per second. Each pulse is timed from the point it leaves the gun to the point that it returns to the gun. Since the speed of light is constant, the distance of the vehicle can be obtained. The gun only needs about 60 pulses to return to the gun for it to average the distances together and come up with a speed. When an officer shoots a vehicle equipped with a laser jammer, the jammer recognizes the pulses and begins to fire its own pulses back at the gun at intervals that will cause the gun to calculate random distance readings. The gun is unable to calculate an average speed due to these random distance readings. The gun will show no speed on the HUD and no distance on the HUD.

One of the most common brands on the market is Rocky Mountain Radar which is 100% fraud. It cannot jam laser and it cannot jam radar. It barely detects radar at that.

Brands such as the Laser Interceptor, Blinder, AntiLaser, Laser Pro Park, and Cincinnati Microwave ZR4 do work a jamming laser although some jam better than others, the Laser Interceptor being number 1.

Last edited by Woodscolby; 04-03-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:31 PM
A6 and TL

Originally Posted by Woodscolby
You have no idea what you are talking about. What you are referring to is a technique commonly referred to as "instant on" radar. This IS NOT a laser detector and it IS NOT a RADAR jammer. It is a LIDAR(Laser) jammer which is completely different.

A laser gun operates by firing multiple pulses per second. For example, a Kustom Pro Laser III shoots 200 pulses of light from the gun per second. Each pulse is timed from the point it leaves the gun to the point that it returns to the gun. Since the speed of light is constant, the distance of the vehicle can be obtained. The gun only needs about 60 pulses to return to the gun for it to average the distances together and come up with a speed. When an officer shoots a vehicle equipped with a laser jammer, the jammer recognizes the pulses and begins to fire its own pulses back at the gun at intervals that will cause the gun to calculate random distance readings. The gun is unable to calculate an average speed due to these random distance readings. The gun will show no speed on the HUD and no distance on the HUD.

One of the most common brands on the market is Rocky Mountain Radar which is 100% fraud. It cannot jam laser and it cannot jam radar. It barely detects radar at that.

Brands such as the Laser Interceptor, Blinder, AntiLaser, Laser Pro Park, and Cincinnati Microwave ZR4 do work a jamming laser although some jam better than others, the Laser Interceptor being number 1.
Thanks for such an informative post. Really appreciate it! Now if you can give me some suggestions. I am on a budget and can you suggest a good laser thats not too expensive? And how much did the install cost to install them on your TL?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Aretardedorange
Thanks for such an informative post. Really appreciate it! Now if you can give me some suggestions. I am on a budget and can you suggest a good laser thats not too expensive? And how much did the install cost to install them on your TL?
Honestly it really just depends on your exact budget. I alway recommend 4 heads regardless of the jammer. 2 heads for the front, 2 heads for the rear. There are people that say, "Well the cops never shoot from behind in my area so I don't need rear jammers." These people are always the ones that get nabbed and pay for a speeding ticket instead of a couple extra jammer heads. All it takes is for a lapse in traffic on the officer's side of the road to get him to shoot at cars going the other direction.

The only 2 jammers I feel comfortable recommending are the Laser Interceptor and the Blinder Mx7. The important thing to remember with these is that you MUST have at least 2 heads on both sides of the cars. You can't just split a 2 head system for one on each side of the car and say it will be "good enough."

The Laser Interceptor is the best of the best from my personal testing. I'm a college student so I don't have anything financially to gain by you buying these, it's just my hobby. The LI is the cleanest install of the jammers, the heads are not very deep so they don't stick out as much. It has the most raw jamming power of any jammer on the market.
A 2 head system for front protection only will run you about $539.10 if you order from radarbusters.com and use the promo code: RADARROY
A 4 head system for front and rear protection will run you about $989.98 if you order from radarbusters.com and use the promo code: RADARROY

The Blinder Mx7 series will be the second best option from the systems I have tested. The heads are quite a bit larger in depth meaning they will stick out quite a bit and be very noticeable if you choose to get rear heads. They don't have the same jamming power as the LI and are less forgiving in your choices to mount it although on the TL it is very easy to mount in the best possible location. I have tested an 03 Silver Honda Accord with a 4 head system on it and was not able to get any punch throughs but I tested an 03 Black Honda Accord with a 2 head system on it and could get punch throughs on it. Yes I shoot strategically because I know how to beat a jammer and am trying to test for every vulnerability possible. It is unlikely an officer will purposely put a jammer through the stress that I do when I test them but when he is free-handing the gun(I use a tripod and pick certain parts) he will hit all over the car and could hit a part that is potentially vulnerable.I can't suggest anything less than a 4 head system if you choose to go with Blinder because of this.
A 4 head system for front protection only will run you about $566.98 if you order from radarbusters.com and use the promo code: RADARROY

Both choices will offer you great protection as long as you give the jammer heads the best possible mounting you can. No mounting behind the grill, do not mount the heads too far back into the car(Make sure they stick out just a tiny bit), make sure they are level, and make sure they are aimed directly forward, there cannot be any angle to the left or right of the car. Make sure if you do end up getting a set to meet up with a fellow enthusiast in your area and get your car test. Never test your jammer with a cop. If you send me a PM when you get them I can give you the name of someone in your area that can meet up with you somewhere.

As for install price, I did the install myself so it was free .

Last edited by Woodscolby; 04-03-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 PM
A6 and TL

Honestly it really just depends on your exact budget. I alway recommend 4 heads regardless of the jammer. 2 heads for the front, 2 heads for the rear. There are people that say, "Well the cops never shoot from behind in my area so I don't need rear jammers." These people are always the ones that get nabbed and pay for a speeding ticket instead of a couple extra jammer heads. All it takes is for a lapse in traffic on the officer's side of the road to get him to shoot at cars going the other direction.

The only 2 jammers I feel comfortable recommending are the Laser Interceptor and the Blinder Mx7. The important thing to remember with these is that you MUST have at least 2 heads on both sides of the cars. You can't just split a 2 head system for one on each side of the car and say it will be "good enough."

The Laser Interceptor is the best of the best from my personal testing. I'm a college student so I don't have anything financially to gain by you buying these, it's just my hobby. The LI is the cleanest install of the jammers, the heads are not very deep so they don't stick out as much. It has the most raw jamming power of any jammer on the market.
A 2 head system for front protection only will run you about $539.10 if you order from radarbusters.com and use the promo code: RADARROY
A 4 head system for front and rear protection will run you about $989.98 if you order from radarbusters.com and use the promo code: RADARROY

The Blinder Mx7 series will be the second best option from the systems I have tested. The heads are quite a bit larger in depth meaning they will stick out quite a bit and be very noticeable if you choose to get rear heads. They don't have the same jamming power as the LI and are less forgiving in your choices to mount it although on the TL it is very easy to mount in the best possible location. I have tested an 03 Silver Honda Accord with a 4 head system on it and was not able to get any punch throughs but I tested an 03 Black Honda Accord with a 2 head system on it and could get punch throughs on it. Yes I shoot strategically because I know how to beat a jammer and am trying to test for every vulnerability possible. It is unlikely an officer will purposely put a jammer through the stress that I do when I test them but when he is free-handing the gun(I use a tripod and pick certain parts) he will hit all over the car and could hit a part that is potentially vulnerable.I can't suggest anything less than a 4 head system if you choose to go with Blinder because of this.
A 4 head system for front protection only will run you about $566.98 if you order from radarbusters.com and use the promo code: RADARROY

Both choices will offer you great protection as long as you give the jammer heads the best possible mounting you can. No mounting behind the grill, do not mount the heads too far back into the car(Make sure they stick out just a tiny bit), make sure they are level, and make sure they are aimed directly forward, there cannot be any angle to the left or right of the car. Make sure if you do end up getting a set to meet up with a fellow enthusiast in your area and get your car test. Never test your jammer with a cop. If you send me a PM when you get them I can give you the name of someone in your area that can meet up with you somewhere.

As for install price, I did the install myself so it was free .
Same here so the binder is what I will get. And how hard is the install? Do you have to solder?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Intermediate

Same here so the binder is what I will get. And how hard is the install? Do you have to solder?
The install is incredibly easy. Your hardest part will just be mounting the blinders in the upper part of the grill. I'd suggest using 3M Automotive Molding tape. Also, since you are getting the Blinder you will have to cut some slots out of your grill to make them fit. The grills are cheap to replace though, a lot cheaper than a ticket. Here is how I had my old blinder mounted:

Edit: I just edited the colors in the picture so you can see the heads a bit easier.

All you will need to do is tap a fuse, find a ground(I use the gold screw under the steering wheel), attach the heads, and then everything is plug and play. It comes with phone-jack style cables that plug right into the interface.

Last edited by Woodscolby; 04-03-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:02 PM
A6 and TL

And you do not suggest Zr4?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Intermediate

And you do not suggest Zr4?
No I do not. They are weak as a jammer. They have excellent detection but that is only half the battle, they have to have the power to cover the entire front of the vehicle. They work fine on smaller, lower profile vehicles such as Corvettes and motorcycles but the TL is too hard to protect with one.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 PM
A6 and TL

Sorry but do you route the wires through the engine? That seems hard. By wires I mean connecting the wires to contorl unit. Where did you mount yours? On the steering wheel?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
I was just looking at the Laser Interceptor site. Is it worth the extra $$ to go with the HP version?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Intermediate

Sorry but do you route the wires through the engine? That seems hard. By wires I mean connecting the wires to contorl unit. Where did you mount yours? On the steering wheel?
There is a rubber grommet right in the center of the firewall that is fairly easy to access. It comes out behind the stereo. You run the jammer head cables around the front of the car and around on the side of the fusebox. Then send the cables down and through this hole in the firewall. Set up your interface on the inside of the vehicle. The Blinder has a buzzer that beeps when the vehicle is shot. You power the interface through the two cables it has and attach the provided kill switch to the system for the power. It also has a parking aid which you can switch on and off.

Originally Posted by KN_TL
I was just looking at the Laser Interceptor site. Is it worth the extra $$ to go with the HP version?
The HP model is not needed. I just bought it because I like having the best of the best. The HP is meant more to cover trucks and SUVS. The normal LI will provide JTG(JamToGun)/JFG(JamFromGun) performance meaning it can jam all the way to the gun and all the way away from the gun to the max distance of the gun without allowing a speed reading.

Last edited by Woodscolby; 04-03-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Instructor

Quick Question:
If a police officer uses a laser to attempt to retrieve your speed and it comes back to his gun as an error or is unable to read a speed can't the officer assume you are using a jammer and pull you over for it? Is it illegal to use these?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

great install woodscolby! nice and clean. do you know if the LI causes Jamming Codes to appear on the Police Laser Gun?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vigor66
Quick Question:
If a police officer uses a laser to attempt to retrieve your speed and it comes back to his gun as an error or is unable to read a speed can't the officer assume you are using a jammer and pull you over for it? Is it illegal to use these?
Errors can be caused by a variety of things on the guns, HID headlights, panning the gun off of the car for a second, shooting through the windshield, holding the gun to shaky, crossing a tree branch, etc. The proper way to use a jammer is to immediately slow to the speed limit when you are hit and then hit the kill switch on the jammer allowing the officer to obtain a speed on the gun. The only guns that have jam codes are the Laser Atlanta, the LTi Ultralyte and the LTi Truspeed. I used to own a Laser Atlanta but got rid of it. It falsed with it's jam codes all of the time at night because of the headlights on the vehicles and falsed during the day when it was sunny out. Almost every modern jammer will never allow for a jam code on the LTi guns. The only jammers that will force a jam code are the old Lidatek LE-10 and Target LE-850(Relabeled LE-10) which have not been produced in years.

As for your question about being legal. Some states in the US have laws pertaining to Laser Jammers making them illegal. An officer has to understand laser jammers and have experience in shooting them to know if he is being jammed via the audio tones on the guns. I can tell because I have shot so many jammers if I am being jammed but very few officers can. If you were to get a ticket for a jammer, in most states it is cheaper than a speeding ticket and comes with no points. I go to school in Oklahoma where they are illegal but have had no issues with them. For all the cops know, they are parking sensors and can actually function as them. Texas currently has 2 laws in the house and senate that will outlaw jammers by September 1st. The outcome looks as if they are going to pass but I'll still use them.

http://guysoflidar.com/usa-laser-jammer-laws.html

Originally Posted by jptl04
great install woodscolby! nice and clean. do you know if the LI causes Jamming Codes to appear on the Police Laser Gun?
The only jam code that the LI will cause are on the Laser Atlanta. These codes false so often though that they cannot be used as a reliable source to tell if a jammer is being used. As said above, they false because of headlights, panning off of the vehicle, shooting through the windshield, bright sunlight, tree branches, and a variety of other unpredictable factors.

Last edited by Woodscolby; 04-03-2011 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 PM
RIP RBP

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
good info
Old 04-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Bone stock tl-s

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
nice, thanks for the info. im seriously considering the LI. i have the V1 detector, i says i can detect laser but all thats gonna do im speeding is is tell me i just got nailed with their gun and will get a ticket. cuz i cant slow down in a second or two. with these two i think it would be a good combo. jammers are the way to go if you want to beat laser.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jptl04
nice, thanks for the info. im seriously considering the LI. i have the V1 detector, i says i can detect laser but all thats gonna do im speeding is is tell me i just got nailed with their gun and will get a ticket. cuz i cant slow down in a second or two. with these two i think it would be a good combo. jammers are the way to go if you want to beat laser.
Yep. I feel nervous every time I drive a car that doesn't have jammers. As for having a second or two...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO_AI...layer_embedded
Old 04-03-2011, 10:40 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
^cool.

you said you used 3M tape to secure the heads to the grill. Are you worried about any one taking them?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by justnspace
^cool.

you said you used 3M tape to secure the heads to the grill. Are you worried about any one taking them?
Nope. Never met anyone that has a clue what they are and vary rarely does someone even notice them in the grill. I'd be more worried about someone smashing my window and taking my radar detectors than someone taking the jammers.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
hmm... laser jammers. i get caught with one of those and i may as well consider a good raping by the 5-0 if i get caught. interesting read though!
Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not knocking the validity of jammers but I prefer to go the "free" route and just use common sense. If you go flying by on / off ramps, through wooded areas, over hills, and around blind curves, then you deserve to be caught. Prime example: Driving to work last night and the limit drops from 75 to 65. From a 1/4 mile away in the center median under an overpass, I see a red (brake) light facing oncoming traffic and an amber (turn signal) light facing my traffic. No duh, cop, right? Next thing ya know, he hits his headlights and takes off. I think to myself "If a red and amber light floating in darkness is clearly visible this far back, how STUPID was the person that flew past him?".

Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those "why speed in the first place" types. I speed EVERY day w/o the aid of any jammer or detector and on occasions, I get a ticket. Do I get upset? No, because it means I was caught slipping and only helps me become more conscious of cop's tactics in terms of speed traps. To me, these devices are meant to perpetuate laziness the same way people feel they NEED a daily 5-Hour Energy Drink to make it through work because it's easier than exercising and getting proper rest. People who feel they NEED to stick one of those blindspot mirrors in their side mirror when in actuality (unless suffering from limited mobility), it takes less time to turn your head and look than it does to adjust your eyesight to what's happening in the little mirror. At least 5-Hour and the mirrors are legal. Try to "justify" them all you want, but jammers pretty much make the statement "I'm gonna break the law right in the cop's face".

Well, I guess I am knocking the validity of jammers. Do the math on this. If you're gonna get one of these, might as well get the best of the best which is around 1000. Now, in terms of frequency, if the amount you've paid in speeding tickets doesn't even come close to this, don't waste your money because you likely don't get popped too often. If the amount you've paid exceeds this, you are a lazy, careless driver. My .02
Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ciscopath
Not knocking the validity of jammers but I prefer to go the "free" route and just use common sense. If you go flying by on / off ramps, through wooded areas, over hills, and around blind curves, then you deserve to be caught. Prime example: Driving to work last night and the limit drops from 75 to 65. From a 1/4 mile away in the center median under an overpass, I see a red (brake) light facing oncoming traffic and an amber (turn signal) light facing my traffic. No duh, cop, right? Next thing ya know, he hits his headlights and takes off. I think to myself "If a red and amber light floating in darkness is clearly visible this far back, how STUPID was the person that flew past him?".

Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those "why speed in the first place" types. I speed EVERY day w/o the aid of any jammer or detector and on occasions, I get a ticket. Do I get upset? No, because it means I was caught slipping and only helps me become more conscious of cop's tactics in terms of speed traps. To me, these devices are meant to perpetuate laziness the same way people feel they NEED a daily 5-Hour Energy Drink to make it through work because it's easier than exercising and getting proper rest. People who feel they NEED to stick one of those blindspot mirrors in their side mirror when in actuality (unless suffering from limited mobility), it takes less time to turn your head and look than it does to adjust your eyesight to what's happening in the little mirror. At least 5-Hour and the mirrors are legal. Try to "justify" them all you want, but jammers pretty much make the statement "I'm gonna break the law right in the cop's face".

Well, I guess I am knocking the validity of jammers. Do the math on this. If you're gonna get one of these, might as well get the best of the best which is around 1000. Now, in terms of frequency, if the amount you've paid in speeding tickets doesn't even come close to this, don't waste your money because you likely don't get popped too often. If the amount you've paid exceeds this, you are a lazy, careless driver. My .02
Cops aren't always hiding in plain sight
Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Racer

I never said they all were.

"If you go flying by on / off ramps, through wooded areas, over hills, and around blind curves (WHERE COPS ARE NOT IN PLAIN SIGHT), then you deserve to be caught."
Old 04-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Instructor

I never said they all were.

"If you go flying by on / off ramps, through wooded areas, over hills, and around blind curves (WHERE COPS ARE NOT IN PLAIN SIGHT), then you deserve to be caught."
I know what you said... I'm just saying that even on straightaways cops can hide. I live in NYC and cops hide on the Expressways and parkways around here where you wouldn't expect them. I'm just giving the logic of people who get laser jammers: "cops don't always hide in plain sight"
Old 04-04-2011, 02:03 AM
Racer

still goes to what I'm saying. Expressways or parkways, if you can't be sure a cop is there, why speed through it? There isn't a excuse created by man that will ever justify speeding to a cop. Save the 1000 and save your sprints for less cop-populated locales.

Last edited by ciscopath; 04-04-2011 at 02:05 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Instructor

still goes to what I'm saying. Expressways or parkways, if you can't be sure a cop is there, why speed through it? There isn't a excuse created by man that will ever justify speeding to a cop. Save the 1000 and save your sprints for less cop-populated locales.
So basically, don't speed is what you're saying. You show me a road that has never had a cop parked on it, and I'll show you a 3 headed giraffe with a zebra up its ass.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

An officer has to understand laser jammers and have experience in shooting them to know if he is being jammed via the audio tones on the guns.

This simple sentence shows you don't really know what your talking about....Radar/laser detectors, and 'jammers' (LMAO) are all useless. If you speed, your gonna get caught eventually. Man UP and take the driving school, or pay the ticket and get ready for your Insurance to go up. Its that simple.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Racer

I'm guessing you drive these expressway/parkways pretty regularly. So I'm SURE in certain spots on the these roads (by repetition), you've come to learn where cops are most likely to be, around what time of day they're likely to be there, and how many generally hang out in the area at said time. If you can't wrap your mind around the point i'm making which is to be more conscious of your surroundings, then yes, you are one of the careless people who would benefit from a jammer.

Originally Posted by FollowingNFront
So basically, don't speed is what you're saying.
"I'm not one of those "why speed in the first place" types. I speed EVERY day w/o the aid of any jammer or detector and on occasions, I get a ticket."

Listen, if you want to spend the rest of the morning twisting my words into your POV, go head.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by andURpoint
This simple sentence shows you don't really know what your talking about....Radar/laser detectors, and 'jammers' (LMAO) are all useless. If you speed, your gonna get caught eventually. Man UP and take the driving school, or pay the ticket and get ready for your Insurance to go up. Its that simple.
I dunno if I'd go as far as to say that. Unless you've personally done the extensive testing that he has and the video above is any evidence, then yeah, the E 0 1 tone was definitely different than the regular readings. It's a possibility that jammers have their own distinctive tonal feedback. So even though I don't believe in them, I do believe by the way he speaks about them that he likely has more knowledge on them than anyone who's posted so far.

The Laser Interceptor may be the hottest thing out right now....................until a better laser gun comes out or some other form of gun. And don't think it won't happen because less than a decade ago, people would bet money that nothing could beat their RADAR detectors. Detectors / jammers are just like any technology. Buy one thing, a better version comes out a year later. I mean, come on, how much more "advanced" is the new Ipad over the original? It's the same breakdown. Apple wants you to get Iphone 4 to feel superior to those still rocking their original. As long as people still think that jammers are actually giving them an "edge" over the cops, they'll keep buying them to.

Last edited by ciscopath; 04-04-2011 at 04:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Laser jammers?