JL Audio Cleansweep Confusion

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 08:18 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JL Audio Cleansweep Confusion

I have a question about the JL Audio Cleansweep. Do I need a Cleansweep SSI and a Cleansweep DSP at the same time? I know I definitely need a Cleansweep DSP, but Im not sure if I would need a SSI as well. (I have a high amplified interior speaker system where I am have noticeablle distortion mainy in the front speakers at high volumes.)

Also I'm confused about the master volume control on the Cleansweep DSP. I have been hearing 2 different things about the master volume control. I'm sure that someone can clear this up for me...
1) That I can still use the Radio/Steering Wheel/Stock Volume Control to control the volume without messing up the equalization/flatline effect that the CLeansweepgives me. Basically I wont have to use the cleansweep's master volume control and the cleansweep master volume control is needed for only for an aux. line.
OR
2) I must use the Cleansweep Master Volume control to control the entire car's volume to retain the cleansweeps automatic flatline/equalization. (Basically I should keep my radio at a constant volume and just use the JL Audio Master Volume Control knob)

Thanks in Advance!
Old 01-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

i just did a system for a another board memeber in his 05 TL at our shop using just the Clean Sweep DSP. It worked fine and ended up sounding great. As far as the volume control goes, if you get it installed correctly and tuned well you could get away with just using your main radio Volume Control, although this does slightly effect the effectiveness of the cleansweep. It is suggested both in my opinion and by JL to use the clean sweep volume knob as the primary volume control so that the cleansweep can most effectively work.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:31 PM
2005 WDP TL

Originally Posted by Scott P
i just did a system for a another board memeber in his 05 TL at our shop using just the Clean Sweep DSP. It worked fine and ended up sounding great. As far as the volume control goes, if you get it installed correctly and tuned well you could get away with just using your main radio Volume Control, although this does slightly effect the effectiveness of the cleansweep. It is suggested both in my opinion and by JL to use the clean sweep volume knob as the primary volume control so that the cleansweep can most effectively work.
Did you or have you ever had a problem with acceleration noise with the cleansweep? Mine has some, I checked my grounds and don't know what else to do....any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Mobile Elec. Guru

Originally Posted by kyle-wdp
Did you or have you ever had a problem with acceleration noise with the cleansweep? Mine has some, I checked my grounds and don't know what else to do....any suggestions?
granted this wasn't on my car as I have a 99, but as far as I know there is no whine's whatso ever. Just so you can compare. we caught the pre amp signal for the clean sweep at the amp in the pass. kick panel. and granded the new amp and clean sweep to the cross member behind the rear seat (this is actually where i grounded all my equipment in my 99 tl. hope that helps