Isimple stopped working....need HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:06 AM
"Like None Other"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Isimple stopped working....need HELP!!

well people, i have had my i simple installed in vehicle since december 08 and now im starting to experience problems with it. initially i was experience a text display glicth where all data/info lines would read "IPOD" and the songs would still change accordingly. I turned the ignition on and off and the problem seemed to resolve itself. then, after it was working fine, i started to hear this "hissing" noise from the right side speakers while listening to my ipod's songs ONLY. this would not be true of of the other sources used in to car (i.e. am/fm, cd player, etc. -XM doesnt work because i cancelled it) anyway, so as i changed ongs, the "hissing would stop intermittently, then continue. next thing you know, i dont get any sound at all!!! wtf? i turn the car on and off and nothing. ipod works as it should and there are no faults in the display or anything. looks as if it is working but i dont get any sound and once again, all the other sources in the car work fine. is there something you can do or tell me to help me resolve this problem?? is this a common issue? as of now, i cant get any music out of my ipod. i reset the ipod and everything. any input is greatly appreciated as i love this feature for my car.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:25 PM
"Like None Other"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
peripheral manufacturing company, can u chime in?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:05 PM
PXAMG GuRu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please try to reset the iPod. You can do this by pressing the menu and center click button at the same time until the iPod shuts off and then turns back on with the apple logo on the screen. Then select a track and plug the module back into the dock connector and see if that cures your issue.

If not check to see if the iPod is being charged. You will also want to make sure the cable is fully seated and may even way to disconnect and reconnect the cable form the module. Please try these things and post back with your findings.

Thanks,
Old 08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I am also having a problem with the gateway.

I have used the gateway (with .25 software) for about a year. It has worked very well - once or twice during that year it could not control the Ipod and I switched the ignition off and then on - to reset. All was well. I have been very happy with the operation and audio quality from this unit.

Recently, I took my car in for service. I suspect the battery was disconnected. Anyway, after I got the car back - the Ipod would play but the display would show XM1-001 all the time. I did some ignition off/on resets and that did not fix the problem. I also reset the Ipod.

I had not updated the flash version because the unit had been working fine for me. Since I had this problem, I flashed to the latest version .37b. This did not fix the problem - I still have the XM1-001 showing in the display while the Ipod is playing.

Some specifics, 2005 TSX, non-navi, 4G Ipod nano, gateway serial PX0208.25

Any ideas?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
I have solved my problem with the gateway. Apologies for the false alarm. Here is what I learned.

The "XM1-001" showing while the Ipod is playing can be fixed by pressing the "Disp-mode" button on the radio (non-navi) to choose Artist/Album etc for display. I believe this setting was lost or changed when the battery was disconnected during servicing my car.

Again, I am very happy with the Peripheral/Isimple gateway product. The controls integrate well with the car, and the audio quality is as good as the TSX stock system can do. Aside: I think music played off my Ipod (high bit-rate MP3) sounds much better than XM. XM seems to compress many of their channels too much.

Last edited by darowa; 08-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I fixed the glitch

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have been having an interesting problem with mine as well. If I turn the car off and let it sit over night and the last mode was not XM/iSimple, the following morning when I want to use XM/iSimple, I have to wait at least a minute for it to work. I am on .25 software as the update would keep crashing.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:57 PM
I fixed the glitch

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nobody has this problem? Peripheral, can you give me any suggestions?