iSimple(pxamg)+pxamg-ic+778b firmware. [Phone+Song playing at same time.]

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy iSimple(pxamg)+pxamg-ic+778b firmware. [Phone+Song playing at same time.]

Hi Friends,
After much delay, I gave in and purchased the pxamg-ic for the isimple(pxamg) kit that i bought earlier which was rendered useless after the iOS 4 was released to work with 3GS .

After installing the new chip in the unit, i update the firmware to the latest (778b) and now i have a weird issue with the setup.
I can play songs & control with steering controls.

But, when i place a call using hands free or receive a call using hands free (HFL) the song won't pause and the call is also received or made and the same time. I cannot even pause the song manually on the iphone. This is very annoying at the moment.

Is anyone else having similar problem ? Did i miss anything ? Please suggest what can fix this.

TIA
Old 10-07-2010, 05:48 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It happens to me, too. I started a thread on it, but not many people replied. The workaround is to switch to AM/FM (or some other source) before making the call. If it's an incoming call, you'll have to unplug the iPhone to stop the music, either before or during the call.

It sucks.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluenoise
It happens to me, too. I started a thread on it, but not many people replied. The workaround is to switch to AM/FM (or some other source) before making the call. If it's an incoming call, you'll have to unplug the iPhone to stop the music, either before or during the call.

It sucks.
bluenoise, thank you for the reply. did u get this tip from another user or did you contact pac-audio/peripheral. It really sucks to have spent close to 2 hundred bucks and deal with it manually each time.

If nothing works I will call Peripheral and see what they can say.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Originally Posted by sagirisk
bluenoise, thank you for the reply. did u get this tip from another user or did you contact pac-audio/peripheral. It really sucks to have spent close to 2 hundred bucks and deal with it manually each time.

If nothing works I will call Peripheral and see what they can say.
No, I found the 'tip' on my own. I called pac-audio tech support about it and it was the first they heard of it. They suggested restarting the phone or doing a restore. The restart didn't fix it, and I haven't tried the restore. After confirming our two iPhone 4 and one iPhone 3G phones all do the same thing, I didn't think it worth going through the trouble of doing a restore.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Success! I just installed the latest PXAMG firmware and it seems to have fixed the problem for me. I only did a quick outgoing call test, but it worked.

I downloaded the update here: http://pac-audio.com/firmware/iSimple/index.html
Old 02-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Pac Audio folks are the best in the business. Period.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
i have the same problem
how do you guys update the software? my isimply is BEHIND the double din area. if i wanted to remove it I would have the take the whole two compartments out...
Old 02-08-2011, 01:17 PM
2004 SSM/EB/5AT/Navi/RSB

Mine is tucked between the padding and the plastic of the panel under the steering wheel. I just pop the plastic screw/rivet on the right side to gain access to it.

If I have use of a Windows laptop, I can do the update in place. However, this last time, I pulled the unit and brought it in to my office.

If it's currently mounted where you can't reach it, it might be worth repositioning it so you can see the DIP switches and the USB port.

My new concern with the unit is that my phone gave me the "This accessory is not compatible" message this morning. I have the iOS4 upgrade board installed, so that is definitely a "Hmmm..." thing that I'll have to keep an eye on.