ISIMPLE / PXAMG Best Buy - Installed - Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:00 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ISIMPLE / PXAMG Best Buy - Installed - Questions

2006 TL - NO NAV

First - thanks for all of the insight. Its has been helpful. I had best buy do the install - they did a nice job.

A couple of questions. I can't figure a couple of things out.

It seems like I either have to power the radio off, then on when I start the car to get the IPOD to play. Or do the whole FM, then back to XM and switch to IPOD input - does that make sense? Why is that. Its annoying.

The other thing is that it doesn't pause for HFL. It does mute it, but doesn't pause. It seems like an updated ISIMPLE, but is the harness old?

I guess I will have to play with it more to work out the quirks, but some shortcuts would be helpful.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:21 AM
8th Gear

Bump. Annoying.

Any reason why I need to turn my radio off, then back on when I start my car for the radio to function properly? Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Instructor

I use this firmware and it works fine. It always displays IPOD. Do you know where they installed the unit? Changing firmware is easy once you have the unit out and this cable.
Most cameras and cell phones also use this cable.

http://www.pac-audio.com/firmware/iS...nishyucad.html
Old 10-05-2009, 10:18 AM
8th Gear

Thanks for the reply. I called customer service who also suggested an upgrade. Of course they mounted the unit behind the radio - and now the radio has to come out before I can update. SUCKS.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:13 AM
8th Gear

Had it removed, updated it. Same problem. I had them just take it out. Oh well $60 down the tubes...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:30 AM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Installed the iSimple this weekend in my 06 Navi. Worked like a champ (at least with my blackberry in AUX1, i don't have a full size iPod).

However, maybe 2 days later I started my car up in the morning and couldn't turn the stereo system on. Few minutes down the road and pushed the Power button repeatedly and it finally turned on. Even after that it responded to commands kinda sluggishly, like good 3-5 second pause between commands. This is just normal stereo functions, by the way, nothing connected to the iSimple adapter. Finally warms up and smooths out after a few minutes of messing with it.

Almost a week now and it still does it in the morning when the car is stone cold, and once after it sat for half the day.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Instructor

Do you leave the stereo on XM when you turn it off? That used to make mine freeze.

Originally Posted by NedShneebly
Installed the iSimple this weekend in my 06 Navi. Worked like a champ (at least with my blackberry in AUX1, i don't have a full size iPod).

However, maybe 2 days later I started my car up in the morning and couldn't turn the stereo system on. Few minutes down the road and pushed the Power button repeatedly and it finally turned on. Even after that it responded to commands kinda sluggishly, like good 3-5 second pause between commands. This is just normal stereo functions, by the way, nothing connected to the iSimple adapter. Finally warms up and smooths out after a few minutes of messing with it.

Almost a week now and it still does it in the morning when the car is stone cold, and once after it sat for half the day.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:53 AM
practicing nihilist

that might be it. I haven't used the interface much with my mp3 player but I listen to XM a lot.

Is this known issue that iSimple has addressed/fixed?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:31 PM
practicing nihilist

well, seams to freeze whether left in XM or not. If I shut off the car in some other mode than XM, it will fire up and play in the last setting but the controls still lock out for a few minutes.

kinda blows.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:05 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,994 Likes on 14,502 Posts
I let my XM expire because of this. With the Isimple installed...Ipod, and AUX 1 and 2 work great...but if I put the setting to "SAT"...the radio freezes up and bugs out in any other mode including radio, cd and tape...and all the settings are all over the place. Very strange. If someone can confirm if there is a firmware fix for that...I'd be very happy to take it out of the car and update it.

Thank yoU!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:32 PM
practicing nihilist

can you update the actually box, or just the portable device your connecting?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
4th Gear

I have an updated iSimple installed in a 2004 TL NAV in early February 2010. After about two weeks, I find that it freezes on an FM station when I start the car. The radio buttons do not work, however the steering wheel controls will make the station or the volume change. Mode control does not usually work. Sometimes I can turn off the power, other times not. Usually, if I cycle through the FM stations for a while and then try the Mode switch, I can get to XM, which then does its 2 second cycle. Is this the same problem others are having? (Should this be a new post?)
Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by NedShneebly
well, seams to freeze whether left in XM or not. If I shut off the car in some other mode than XM, it will fire up and play in the last setting but the controls still lock out for a few minutes.

kinda blows.
When the system freezes, do your steering wheel controls work at all? On mine, I can switch FM stations (if it is stuck on FM) but not switch modes. Volume control works. Sometimes cycling through the channels will clear the problem. I am still in my first 30 days, and debating whether to have Best Buy remove it in favor of a different brand.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Intermediate

for all the bugs, the unit is overpriced shit. I had a mopar unit in my dodge that was $100.00 and it worked perfectly