iSimple not displaying "iPod" mode. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Veeeee Tec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple not displaying "iPod" mode. HELP!

Hello, all. Best buy installed my iSimple adapter for my 2004 TL/Navi. I shouldnt of let them do it anyway, should of did it myself( too lazy to take dash apart). Anyway, first day it worked well, i went into "iPod" mode and songs were displaying,playing and i had the steering wheels controls. Then i hit something and it would not go into "iPod" mode anymore. Now it says XM1/XM2/AUX1 and Aux 2. I verified i had the latest firmware and reset it.

Any assitance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Advanced

was your ipod plugged in when you cycled through all the modes? If you did and it didnt show up, I would just take it back to best buy and let them check it. You paid for the installation, might as well take advantage of it.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Veeeee Tec

Originally Posted by stp2585
was your ipod plugged in when you cycled through all the modes? If you did and it didnt show up, I would just take it back to best buy and let them check it. You paid for the installation, might as well take advantage of it.
Something happend, because it stopped showing up. I am taking it back today.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Why me??

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
its supposed to cycle when you press the xm button, you then used the tuner dial to turn to whichever source you want to listen to. ex: you are listening to fm, you hit xm button and then turn tuner dial to ipod and stop. the unit will then recognize the ipod after 4 seconds. if you want to go to xm then you need to hit fm and then xm again and cycle to the sat source and then xm will begin to play. if you leave it in ipod mode and turn the car off it will restart in ipod mode.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:04 PM
6SPEED FEVER

Received 119 Likes on 97 Posts
it happened to me today...............when you plug ipod in within 4 second make sure u turn the sound knob till u see ipod on screen....i was going crazy trying to figure it out
Old 11-16-2010, 12:48 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I got mine installed at Best Buy, too. Complete nightmare. I was prepared to do it myself, but they did it for free. I'm lazy so how bad could it have been? I guess you really do get what you pay for.

The guy took two hours to do it and when he was done, the dash panel was loose and the trunk latch was unhooked. I took it back and this time, the VSA button was disconnected....why? I had to plug it back in myself.

My iSimple also had problems. I took it out and reset it:

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...apac_reset.pdf

I couldn't take the PCB out like in the PDF, but I was able to reach in there with a thin screwdriver.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Veeeee Tec

Originally Posted by MasterShake
I got mine installed at Best Buy, too. Complete nightmare. I was prepared to do it myself, but they did it for free. I'm lazy so how bad could it have been? I guess you really do get what you pay for.

The guy took two hours to do it and when he was done, the dash panel was loose and the trunk latch was unhooked. I took it back and this time, the VSA button was disconnected....why? I had to plug it back in myself.

My iSimple also had problems. I took it out and reset it:

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...apac_reset.pdf

I couldn't take the PCB out like in the PDF, but I was able to reach in there with a thin screwdriver.
Thanks guys. I haven't had a chance to take it in yet. I will try disconnecting the iPod then reconnecting i and turning the sound knob quickly.

I dont really want to take anything apart, since i paid for the work. Also, i got no idea where they mounted it.