iSimple issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple issue

What's up guys!!! I'm not sure if anyone may have a solution to this but here it goes. For some reason my isimple will not display the song name/artist, etc on my navi screen. When I first had it professionally installed a few weeks ago it worked. Now all I see is the display saying AUX. I can't change the display from saying AUX, the mode is in XM1 and even when I switch to XM2 it's the same display. I just want it to show the name of the song off my iPhone/itouch. If it's an easy fix I'd rather do it then go all the way back to the shop that installled it and wait for them to troubleshoot it.

Also I can't change the song from my steering wheel controls. Any input on why that is? Thanks guys for all your help!!
Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i think you need to hit the mode button on the tl console to change it. Pac Audio's UHON-1 is a much better product and they actually have tech support to help customers with issues such as these.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by natedoggydog
i think you need to hit the mode button on the tl console to change it. Pac Audio's UHON-1 is a much better product and they actually have tech support to help customers with issues such as these.
Thanks, I tried that and still no luck. Any other suggestions?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i would call isimple tech support. They should help you.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by natedoggydog
i would call isimple tech support. They should help you.
That was one of my last resorts. Looks like that's what I'm going to have to do. Thanks.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
You have Navi correct so then you should have nav-traffic, regardless if you actually use it. You will need the newer harness and hook it up in the trunk not behind the radio. If this is how you have it then(behind the radio) you'll have to order the PGHHD2 harness. And if that is the case that you do need it you'll also have to flip the #2 dip switch "ON". Follow the install sequence of the harness connections correctly and in the order it says to and make sure the firmware is updated.

And as for changing the song thru the steering wheel, if you press the "CH" up button once it'll turn on repeat track IIRC. You need to hold the button til you hear the beep and then the song changes. It takes a little bit of time to get used to the controls but they are pretty simple.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
On my 04 with navi, the disp/mode button will change what is displayed. I can also change tracks from the steering wheel. I would also guess that this is a harness thing.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
It needs to be in "ipod connect" mode. I don't have a navi but on my non-nav to get into ipod connect mode, I hit the am/fm button then the xm button. after that, cycle through the options (aux, sat, ipod ) select ipod and the hit preset 6.

I know this because I called the isimple customer support lol, hope this helps.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
You have Navi correct so then you should have nav-traffic, regardless if you actually use it. You will need the newer harness and hook it up in the trunk not behind the radio. If this is how you have it then(behind the radio) you'll have to order the PGHHD2 harness. And if that is the case that you do need it you'll also have to flip the #2 dip switch "ON". Follow the install sequence of the harness connections correctly and in the order it says to and make sure the firmware is updated.

And as for changing the song thru the steering wheel, if you press the "CH" up button once it'll turn on repeat track IIRC. You need to hold the button til you hear the beep and then the song changes. It takes a little bit of time to get used to the controls but they are pretty simple.
I have the newer harness that connects to the navi and not the head unit. I had it installed at a shop so ill get with them if none of the suggestions here work. Thanks for all ur help. Once I figure it out I'll ck to make sure the steering wheel controls work the way u say.

Originally Posted by R.L. ina TL
It needs to be in "ipod connect" mode. I don't have a navi but on my non-nav to get into ipod connect mode, I hit the am/fm button then the xm button. after that, cycle through the options (aux, sat, ipod ) select ipod and the hit preset 6.

I know this because I called the isimple customer support lol, hope this helps.
Thanks for ur help. There is no iPod mode, it plays out of XM1. I've cycled through all the modes and still no luck. I'll keep trying though.

Last edited by Type Steve -O-; 01-28-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:42 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Then the issue is the dip switch. They probably didn't turn #2 to the "ON" position.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CubanLynx84
Then the issue is the dip switch. They probably didn't turn #2 to the "ON" position.
Everything worked fine for about 3 weeks. And all of a sudden it started acting up.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It sounds like you are in the input selection menu of the iSimple. Can you change the iSimple input selection by going out of XM to say FM and then back to XM; then turn the right selector knob to select one of the other inputs, say SAT? If you can do this, can you keep turning the knob and select iPod?

Just need to know where to start to make suggestions.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
my i simple was working fine for a month on a non navi. Today i got a navi conversion done and now the i simple does not work it only charges the iphone. The XM1 now just plays the regular xm previe stations n not the i simple. Anyone know whats wrong? i got an 04-06 navi put in so im assuming i dont need to install it in the trunk
Old 02-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

figured out the problem
just fixed mine
hit am/fm to exit out of xm area
then hit xm again
as soon as you see the word "SAT" rotate the right knob until u pass through aux 1 and aux 2 and finally see IPOD
Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrlal8
figured out the problem
just fixed mine
hit am/fm to exit out of xm area
then hit xm again
as soon as you see the word "SAT" rotate the right knob until u pass through aux 1 and aux 2 and finally see IPOD
Sweet!! I'm going to give this a shot. Thanks!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

let me know if it works
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Instructor

let me know if it works
It works!! Ur an effin GENIUS!! Lol. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Burning Brakes

lol np man ....i was so angry when i did the navi conversion and my i simple stopped working...i had no idea what was wrong because all the plugs were the exact same way as before..

it changes with the navi that "sat" part was throwing me off i discovered the solution accidentally
Old 02-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Instructor

lol np man ....i was so angry when i did the navi conversion and my i simple stopped working...i had no idea what was wrong because all the plugs were the exact same way as before..

it changes with the navi that "sat" part was throwing me off i discovered the solution accidentally
I was pretty annoyed myself!! I had it professionally installed and only had it for a few weeks and it did that. Good thing u chimed in on this thread or else I would of had to deal with customer service. Lol. U get two thumbs up!! Hahaha