iSimple - ISHD651 Directions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
iSimple - ISHD651 Directions

I just installed my isimple but unfortunately I do not have the directions for it. Im having difficulty with a couple of things.

1. My iphone4 and iphone 6 can find the bluetooth but when I connect it asks for the "pairing code" I tried using my iphone lock passcode and the Acura Radio code, but no luck.

2. How exactly do you switch inputs? I tried using XM button and 5 and 6 but it works maybe 30% of the time to switch an input, not sure if i have to hold a button and turn the knob or what. I usually reset the until and then it allows me to switch inputs (aux, ipod, BT, ect) only upon start up.

3. When using blue tooth with my phone, are their certain commands or prompts i have to give?

Sorry for all the questions, its a bit finicky finding out the controls without a set of directions.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:06 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Mr. Showtime

2. How exactly do you switch inputs? I tried using XM button and 5 and 6 but it works maybe 30% of the time to switch an input, not sure if i have to hold a button and turn the knob or what. I usually reset the until and then it allows me to switch inputs (aux, ipod, BT, ect) only upon start up.

Press the steering wheel "Mode" button to cycle through to XM. Immediately after selecting source to XM, turn the "Tune/Sound" knob to cycle through aux, IPod, BT, etc.
The Tune/Sound knob is the one opposite of the volume knob.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Ok great thankyou!

I tired default passcode of "0000" and it paired my phone, blue tooth is working but not sure how the microphone picks up prompts or commands.

Also is there an "enter" button?
Old 03-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Showtime
Ok great thankyou!

I tired default passcode of "0000" and it paired my phone, blue tooth is working but not sure how the microphone picks up prompts or commands.

Also is there an "enter" button?
Showtime,

The only thing I use the ISHD-651 for is the USB for music purposes. Don't have to constantly make new CD's to update music. I am not familiar with the Bluetooth feature. I am one of the fortunate ones to still have a working Handsfree in my 2006 Acura TL.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
What year is your car Mr. Showtime.
I have the same setup in my 08 TL-S and its not working. XM keeps blocking the signal
Old 03-08-2016, 06:06 PM
Instructor

I have a 06 TL without Nav. If you have XM NAV/Traffic i believe this unit does not work with it. I used the "mode" button on my steering wheel to get to XM then turn the left dial to switch input modes.
Old 03-09-2016, 06:56 PM
Instructor

I found a few more questions, hopefully someone can help me out with this.

My volume when connected to AUX, BT, USB connections is very low. I usually keep my FM radio volume at 10-12 for normal driving. With the ipod connection and ipod fully maxed for sound I have to have my dial up to 38 for normal driving. Is there a way to adjust volume offset between my ipod and stereo?

And when i originally installed, I somehow stumbled across a "settings" display. I cant figure out how to get to settings, Im hoping a volume offset setting would be in there.