iSimple InSeam

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple InSeam

Anybody have one yet?

http://isimplesolutions.com/inseam/

Looks pretty good , bluetooth, steering wheel and voice control of your phone...except for a couple of caveats...Price being one of them (about 200$). Wondering about sound quality of the direct connect FM thru the antennae and why can't it use the built-in mic of the TL?

Going to install short shifter and it would be a good time to install, but I don't want to be the guinea pig! Can't find them for sale yet online either.

May be something to keep an eye on.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:40 PM
00g
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
That jerk posted it on FB before even texting her brother back. People these days...
Old 09-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by 00g
That jerk posted it on FB before even texting her brother back. People these days...
Awesome - hilarious! I needed a good Monday laugh...

Why congratulate your brother on his new child? That would *almost* imply that the world doesn't revolve around her! Shock! Turmoil! Collapse!
Old 09-09-2013, 11:27 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
It's an interesting idea- she's driving a Hyundai Sonata which looks like it's equipped with a Nav and I assume Bluetooth for audio and phone connectivity. $200 would seem like a lot of cash to update a newer car just to post Facebook status/ have texting in the car. If my existing car had BT audio and BT phone connectivity, I don't think I'd spend the cash. Otherwise, it looks like a good product. I think reading/ hearing/ responding to texts (although you're not directly handling the phone) is still a distraction. Technically, so is a phone call, but to me texts are more of a distraction.

As for voice control of Nav functions, I have that now, and other than using voice control to say 'Go home', I haven't used it.

By the way, I hate Facebook. I use no social media (maybe I'm behind the times).
Old 09-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh... OK. I get it now...00g.

I'm not much on FB or texting while driving, but I do like the idea of navigating thru the music on my phone with the steering wheel controls. Much safer than fiddling with the phone going down the road.

I also do not have a line-in hooked up yet. I installed a FM-direct thru the antenna on my daughters car and it was much better than FM modulation, but still not quite as good as a hard line.

I would like some feedback from someone who has installed InSeam - Is the sound quality approaching a direct line-in, does the phone app work good, is the nav-display utilized, can it use the built-in mic of the TL, ... How InSeam integrates with the TL...

I just had the console tore apart this weekend to install the short-shifter. Would have been a great time to add something like InSeam while I was in there, but I couldn't wait

Last edited by J.R.; 09-09-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-09-2013, 03:39 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
I guess the only thing I don't get is why iSimple would use an FM line in vs. connection to the multipin connector at the back of the radio- I would think the audio quality would be suboptimal this way- as they make other devices that plug in the back of the radio, why go with an FM in connector? It doesn't make sense to me.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:37 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by erdoc48
I guess the only thing I don't get is why iSimple would use an FM line in vs. connection to the multipin connector at the back of the radio- I would think the audio quality would be suboptimal this way- as they make other devices that plug in the back of the radio, why go with an FM in connector? It doesn't make sense to me.
This