iSimple and HON-SC1

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iSimple and HON-SC1

I have been using the HON-SC1 for a couple of months now with no problems at all. I decided to give the Peripheral iSimple a try so I got one from Best Buy. I installed it this morning and ran in to a problem and wanted to see if anyone has gotten this setup to work. This is in my 08 TL with navi. I installed the HON-SC1 by unplugging the XM at the radio itself and just leaving it unplugged. I did nothing to the XM tuner in the rear. I first tried to install the iSimple by plugging it in to the factory radio and then plugging the HON-SC1 in to the iSimple cable. The iPod works great this way. I switch back to Sirius however and I only get the weather station 184. I can not tune to any other Sirius stations. I tried to plug the HON-SC1 in to the factory radio and plug the iSimple in to the HON-SC1 and I get Sirius to work as normal and I can switch to iPod but I then get Sirius and iPod playing at the same time. So I assume the first hookup is correct but I can get no control of the Sirius tuner when hooking the iSimple up first then the HON-SC1 to the iSimple. Anyone using this combo successfully?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
You have to leave the sirius connected for a few minutes, When you first connect it, you only get channel 184. It will re-inialize and your stations will be back. The fact that you get 184 is a good sign that you are connected!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Now I do not even get Sirius 184. I do not know how long it might take to reconnect but, I still get nothing from Sirius. Like I said, the iPod works like a charm. But when I switch back to "Sat" it acts like the iSimple is switching but I get no sound at all. I can cycle thru XM stations of course with no sound but, usually when you use the HON-SC1 it shows the XM station then goes to the Sirius station. It never goes to the Sirius station and I get no sound. Not even 184 any more.

Stew4HD...Do you have this combo working?? Do I need to just let it sit for a long time. I actually took the iSimple out and put everything back together until I find someone who has it working.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I did have the HON-SC1 but took it out when I changed out the entire head unit. I had to hit the XM/Aux button a few times to get the unit to recognize the sat box and back to he HON. I wasn't imprssed with the sound of either the sat or iPod. Both seemed very low level and flat compared to FM and CD.

I know that it took maybe 2-5 minutes for sirius to re-initialize whenever I had disconnected it when it would only play channel 184.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Not sure why but, mine is still a no go. I hooked it back up, let it sit for a good 15-20 minutes with the car running even and nothing. I still can get 184 but, that's it. No control, no changing of stations, nothing. I emailed Peripheral and also a member on here that I think got it to work in a navi but he has not been on here since mid July so he may not get it. Not looking good.