Which iSimple is best?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:15 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which iSimple is best?

05 w/o navi

Saw a couple different versions at best buy and didnt know the difference. Want it to charge while playing. Run through bottom plug in. Get best sound quality possible.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:05 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the PXAMG and it works great. There is another model out there that people have bought for $40 which I would have tried if it works the same. From what I understand it is an older model that was replaced by the PXAMG which I bought for $107.

I think that sound quality would be the same between them if they all hook up thru the back the same way.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts
I got a isimple 73 kit for $25 shipped off amazon. "Open box" but cheap! No power so it won't charge. I know some people say the volume is too quiet on some of the isimple adapters. Might want to research which ones those are.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:59 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am an Autotech Installer at Best Buy in my town and honestly, I didn't like the vehicle specific adapter for my '04 TL. I have the factory navi and i have Satellite radio in mine so with the vehicle specific adapter, I would've lost one of my Sirius/XM channels and on the screen you cannot see any of the controls to use for the iPod. I prefer the universal iSimple IS77. Granted you have to still use the iPod to control the tracks and playlists. However, it does still charge the iPod while playing and you do not lose any factory functionality. It functions like an FM direct adapter. Whenever you turn the unit on it cuts out your FM frequency and uses the Radio channel to bring in the signal. You DO NOT get any kind of signal distortion and it gives you the saem sound quality as the PXAMG or the ISM73. It just uses a different approach. Most people think that its like an FM over the AIr Frequency finder but it actually is not.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
the ISIM73 charges and plays your ipod at good quality, that's what you want. you can pay best buy $150 which includes install of $45 bucks off amazon and do it yourself(what i did)
Old 08-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by UN1QU3
I am an Autotech Installer at Best Buy in my town and honestly, I didn't like the vehicle specific adapter for my '04 TL. I have the factory navi and i have Satellite radio in mine so with the vehicle specific adapter, I would've lost one of my Sirius/XM channels and on the screen you cannot see any of the controls to use for the iPod. I prefer the universal iSimple IS77. Granted you have to still use the iPod to control the tracks and playlists. However, it does still charge the iPod while playing and you do not lose any factory functionality. It functions like an FM direct adapter. Whenever you turn the unit on it cuts out your FM frequency and uses the Radio channel to bring in the signal. You DO NOT get any kind of signal distortion and it gives you the saem sound quality as the PXAMG or the ISM73. It just uses a different approach. Most people think that its like an FM over the AIr Frequency finder but it actually is not.

then your doing something wrong. i have the isim73 and still have all my XM presets.... didn't loose any functionality, still have xm1, xm2, but gained ipod, aux1, and aux2. And if you think using a fm modulator sounds even close to a direct wired setup you might want to see a ear doctor to have your ears checked.