IPod Integration Preferences

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IPod Integration Preferences

Hey everyone,

What is everyone's recommendation for the IPod integration into a 2006 TL? I want to keep the stock look on my car so that eliminates options like the Drive + Play. I'm also planning on doing the Nav to DVD conversion which will require an Aux in input so it'd be really nice for the unit I use to have that.

Here are the best options that I am aware of and the main negatives I've heard about each:

1) Acura Music Link

- Cannot have direct control of IPod unless you do the little trick from the forum
- Very difficult to create an Aux In input to do the Nav to DVD conversion. I called PIE Technologies which are responsible for the PIE X3 converter and they said that they have reported issues with hooking up the PIE X3 converter with those who have the Music Link installed.

2) USA SPEC HON2-PA11

- Track number and track time do not display on the Nav screen or on the dash display

3) Blitzsafe UII Adapter

- Does not retain steering wheel or radio controls

4) Neo Ion Aux (www.mp3yourcar.com)

- Haven't heard much about this but I do know that it is very expensive. It's running for about $234 if you have Nav. I called in and asked them about it and they said that it should do everything the USA SPEC does in direct mode and also displays track time and track number on the Nav and dash display. The newest unit also comes with an Aux In input too. Expensive choice but might be well worth it?

Anything I'm missing here about either options or any of the options I've listed above?

What's everyone's suggestion/preference?