Ipod Connection: CDC or XM mode?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ipod Connection: CDC or XM mode?

Hi im newbie for ipod connection thinggy. I'm trying to get dice or usaspec.

Seems like people recommend cdc mode for those who like xm radio. i think i do want to keep my xm radio, since i paid for 1 full year.

anyway, my question is if i choose cdc mode, do i lose my cd/dvd player? (cuz only thing i can think of as cdc(cd changer?) is the 6 disc cd/dvd player. can someone please describe the benefit of each mode? thanks.

(im curious person and could you guys reply which module did you guys get? dice or usaspec)
Old 01-24-2008, 03:32 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Originally Posted by dhkkim
Hi im newbie for ipod connection thinggy. I'm trying to get dice or usaspec.

Seems like people recommend cdc mode for those who like xm radio. i think i do want to keep my xm radio, since i paid for 1 full year.

anyway, my question is if i choose cdc mode, do i lose my cd/dvd player? (cuz only thing i can think of as cdc(cd changer?) is the 6 disc cd/dvd player. can someone please describe the benefit of each mode? thanks.

(im curious person and could you guys reply which module did you guys get? dice or usaspec)
You'll have no problem. The module will be recognized as an EXTRA cd-changer. I had the same question last week, got it answered on the board, bought a USA Spec module and installed it Monday night. Thing works great!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
04' Acura TL Anthracite

ttribe,
So you bought the USA Spec Module, and it displays text from the iPod, and doesn't require XM text/radio to be disconnected? Thats what I'm looking for, I am confused on all the different things out there on these message boards. I just want straight answer, what will give me text from the iPod and let me keep the XM text?

Also wondering is there a solution that displays the Album Art work? (CD cover)?
Old 01-24-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisMc73
ttribe,
So you bought the USA Spec Module, and it displays text from the iPod, and doesn't require XM text/radio to be disconnected? Thats what I'm looking for, I am confused on all the different things out there on these message boards. I just want straight answer, what will give me text from the iPod and let me keep the XM text?

Also wondering is there a solution that displays the Album Art work? (CD cover)?
The USA Spec does NOT display text. So, it coexists with XM without any problem, adjustments, or compromises. If you want text, you will need to look at the Dice model.

As far as album art is concerned, now you're looking at trying to port video and pictures to the screen and that's a whole other problem for which you would need to add a second type of module. I'm not aware of anyone successfully getting album art to show on the navi screen in real time. That'd be a neat trick...but I don't think it's doable (or at least it FAR surpasses my technical abilities).
Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
The USA Spec does NOT display text. So, it coexists with XM without any problem, adjustments, or compromises. If you want text, you will need to look at the Dice model.

As far as album art is concerned, now you're looking at trying to port video and pictures to the screen and that's a whole other problem for which you would need to add a second type of module. I'm not aware of anyone successfully getting album art to show on the navi screen in real time. That'd be a neat trick...but I don't think it's doable (or at least it FAR surpasses my technical abilities).
its really complicated and you would need the valor I-Link, the USA-SPEC to get audio and DOm's to get video.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM
snowmanTL

IPOD location

Using the US Aspec where does the IPod mount? In the glove box or center console or other?
Old 01-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Advanced

you can amount ipod wherever you want. but since ipod does not display properly (NO TEXT INFO) , i rather put it up where you can see ipod's screen.