Interference?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Interference?

So, this sounds bizarre...but strange thing happened to my car today after an install, and i wanted to get everybodys input...

I FINALLY got around to installing switchbacks (48LED) and white LED sidemarkers (thanks for the help Brian!!!!)

anyways, the sidemarkers were fine... put them in about 5 days ago... and yesterday, i was putting in the switchbacks in my garage... while listening to the radio on my old boombox that i keep in the garage.... so i installed the first switchback, and i hop in the car to hit the switch to make sure it works,... as SOON as i turn on the parking lights, the FM signal on my boombox went to shit..... .

so whatever... i turn the lights off, reception clears right up.... i finish my install, put in my resistors (in the trunk) and hop in the car to test it all out again.... what do you know, as soon as i flip on the parking lights... my boombox loses its FM reception... its gets all fuzzy.... now, granted this radio is like 14 years old.... so i thought nothing of it.... put my car back together, and call it a night

All day today, i am driving around... and my FM reception in my car, was CRAPPY.... always going in and out, and fuzzy.... whether i had the parking lights on or off....

anybody have insight on this? or think there is some correlation? the only other variable factor was the weather.. today was the COLDEST day in years in NY... (single digits).... im confused as hell... i dont know what to check regarding this
Old 01-16-2009, 07:50 PM
RPF1+RS3 FTW

Received 273 Likes on 179 Posts
WTF I just ordered some switchbacks, the same 48 LED ones. Now I am scared to put them in! lol

I hope you or somebody else can figure this out, that is some weird shit.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had bad reception all day here in my car. Granted, I didn't install anything, but none of the stations came in clear, there was fuzz on every station I listen to.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it's just a coincidence. It doesn't make sense, really. Even if the LEDs are emitting RFs it would only happen when they are ON. As for the cold, I can't confirm if that might have something to do with the reception.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
So to bring back a yr old thread... i searched b4 posting about this and found the thread... so ill add to it!

For the past few months my 06tl has been having very poor reception and static to the point where u cant hardly hear the music! i recently did a navi conversion but i had this problem b4 i did so and hoped since i was replacing the entire radio maybe id get lucky but no dice. Local stations that came in crystal clear b4 barely come in at all as if trying to tune in stations from another city or town. It goes from static to clear from static to clear constantly and im not in my garage or tunnels im in open spaces and drive the same routes as always and the stations that came in fine b4 now for 4-6 mons do not.

I called acura dlr today and of course they(asst service mgr and my friend) have never heard of this being an issue with the TL before. He looked in the acura pc and didnt find anything such as tsb's or what not. so i dunno wth it could be but its so bad on all these stations that i dont even want to listen to the radio anymore. its that bad! almost like the car doesnt have an antenna. i wonder if the antenna amplifier could be bad?