Infinity Basslink? Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 02:43 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks lembowski,

If you ever need one, let me know. I found this guy about 40 min from where I live, he has about 30+ USED Basslink at his warehouse. The sound is good enough for me. I got dizzy already with this thing. It reminded me when I used to have 12's.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by foot3ch
Thanks lembowski,

If you ever need one, let me know. I found this guy about 40 min from where I live, he has about 30+ USED Basslink at his warehouse. The sound is good enough for me. I got dizzy already with this thing. It reminded me when I used to have 12's.

hey man, could you hook a azine brother up with one from him? i got cash. and willing to pay for shipping to dallas, tx. let me know.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Instructor

I had one in the trunk - driverside rear - it was great while it worked...easy to install, Bass wasn't bad either...however the amp's in those things SUCK -mine blew in 6mos exactly..talked to a few stereo shops - everyone said the same thing...decent subs, TERRIBLE amps. If you google it a bunch you'll see that the amps in these things blow a lot! I would never buy an infinity / HK amp again - if you can get it last i say they are pretty good...but that seems to be a big IF
Old 08-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by foot3ch
I decided to take Lembowski advice so here it goes:

I don't even need to bolt it on. The basslink stays pretty tight on that space.
I'm getting the Basslink and wanted to know if anyone has pictures of the gain controller installed next to the VSA button. Thanks!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
To me, the basslink was the worst invetment i have ever made. The bass sound so crappy to a real sub. Do yourself a favor and get a good 10" sub in a ported enclouser and a separate amp. i had to lower my rear arm rest to get any bass out of it. i'm much happy with my alpine type r ($35) with my alpine m450 ($30 graiglist) and a ported box ($10 graiglist) it sounds 10x better without exagerating.

Do not make the basslink mistake like i did.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by eduardmc
To me, the basslink was the worst invetment i have ever made. The bass sound so crappy to a real sub. Do yourself a favor and get a good 10" sub in a ported enclouser and a separate amp. i had to lower my rear arm rest to get any bass out of it. i'm much happy with my alpine type r ($35) with my alpine m450 ($30 graiglist) and a ported box ($10 graiglist) it sounds 10x better without exagerating.

Do not make the basslink mistake like i did.
Really? Seems like people on this forum liked them. Well, I've already paid for it so I guess I'm gonna find out.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Acura TL 04, G37s 19"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nimhet
Really? Seems like people on this forum liked them. Well, I've already paid for it so I guess I'm gonna find out.

i hope i'm wrong and i didn't want to scare you but this was my honest experience with it. it my be that i came from a tcsound tc-9 12" and was expecting the basslink to sound decent but i can compare the tcsound just a little better than oem. by running all the power and ground wire i would rather install a real sub with an amp.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Instructor

So I just got the Basslink installed at this car stereo shop here in Culver City. I thought it would be a quick and low cost job based on the feedback form this forum, but as always, I wrong.

My friend had a full stereo system installed at this place and he recommended it so I thought it would be trustworthy place. So I called earlier in the week for a quote and the guy said it would be $90 out the door and should be pretty quick. So arrive this AM, the guy now says it would be between $100 and maybe $125. I said I was looking to spend what you quoted me which was $90. The guy then says, ok we will see if you need extra wires.

So I get there at 10am...wait until 12:30 and they finish. I see the bill is for $125. I ask, what happened to the $90? He then said they installed a High to Low adaptor because the wattage on my factory stereo was too weak and that's why it cost more (which is total BS based on what people have done on this forum). I said, you didn't say I needed it and just installed it. Then he goes off saying the job should have cost me $150 and I was lucky to get such a great deal. Then the lady in the shop starts going ape shit on me saying they should have turned me away and if I wanted something for cheap, I should have gone to the swap meet. WTF!!

Bottom line, I got screwed plus I got insulted. But on a good note, they did do a good job of installing and the Basslink hits hard.