Infinity Basslink II - install help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:31 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Infinity Basslink II - install help

I'm in the process of ordering the Infinity Basslink II, the thing is, and trust me, i've already read all 47 posts regarding this product, there's a few things i am not understanding here...

1) can anyone post a DIY for this? I looked but did not find any....and what tools do i need?

2) what is the most optimal place to place this? (yes i know everyone puts it in the trunk, but i don't quite understand, where the placement would be ideal for something like this.

3) I've read in a few threads now that the volume gets cut/becomes barely audible at certain volume levels (usually in the high range) ~ what exactly is this? I read on one of the threads that it was only existant in 06+ models, (i have an 04), but now i am not sure... in addition, does adding this sub affect my HFL at all?

4) this question i know this was answered, but i can't find it..T.T the LOC, as i assume is what i need...( using a LOC on the basslink II means that i will maintain usability of my stock sub right?) second of all, i can't remember the exact term, but i think it was called gauge? what "gauge" LOC do i need to use?

========
seeing as how this would be my first type of audio install, would you suggest i take this to a professional? or is this really doable by myself? (let's just assume i have no know-how of auto audio installs)
========

i know there are like over 200 posts on Basslink, and like 47 posts about the sub itself...but either they are dead, or hold no real information anymore....so before flaming me for not looking up the stuff, i did....not to mention i think a more updated thread for the basslink should be done up

thank you in advance for those who post with answers and everything
Old 05-30-2007, 02:45 AM

19 views and no post .... c'mon
Old 05-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm in the process of ordering the Infinity Basslink II, the thing is, and trust me, i've already read all 47 posts regarding this product, there's a few things i am not understanding here...

1) can anyone post a DIY for this? I looked but did not find any....and what tools do i need?

You really don't need one. You run a power, a ground, and speaker wire to the existing sub. If you need to know how to take your trunk apart search in the "garage section"

2) what is the most optimal place to place this? (yes i know everyone puts it in the trunk, but i don't quite understand, where the placement would be ideal for something like this.
Don't know if the BLII is bigger than the first one, but is where mine is

3) I've read in a few threads now that the volume gets cut/becomes barely audible at certain volume levels (usually in the high range) ~ what exactly is this? I read on one of the threads that it was only existant in 06+ models, (i have an 04), but now i am not sure... in addition, does adding this sub affect my HFL at all?
Never experienced this? Never read this. Unless your talking about 07's......but you have an 04.

4) this question i know this was answered, but i can't find it..T.T the LOC, as i assume is what i need...( using a LOC on the basslink II means that i will maintain usability of my stock sub right?) second of all, i can't remember the exact term, but i think it was called gauge? what "gauge" LOC do i need to use?
Yes, and just get a generic one

========
seeing as how this would be my first type of audio install, would you suggest i take this to a professional? or is this really doable by myself? (let's just assume i have no know-how of auto audio installs)
========
Its almost too simple to pay someone else to do it. Give yourself the pleasure of doing the install yourself.

i know there are like over 200 posts on Basslink, and like 47 posts about the sub itself...but either they are dead, or hold no real information anymore....so before flaming me for not looking up the stuff, i did....not to mention i think a more updated thread for the basslink should be done up

thank you in advance for those who post with answers and everything
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 AM

ugh, so AZ forum search wont let me search LOC, OR Line out converter ... apparently the words are too commonly used....

lol so i'm sitting here looking at all these LOC's....and now i'm confused...am i supposed to get a 2 channel LOC, 8 channel? and since i can't search this...what brands have people been using?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:38 AM

oh and another thing...

has anyone ever heard of the 4sc amplifier expansion unit for the Basslink II? from what i'm reading, it is a 4 channel amp, and it creates a "phantom center channel".... is there no reason to get this since we already have a center channel? and that it woudl just be a waste of money? or would it be worth it to use this?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ever do this install?

Hey JCL-
Did you ever do this install? I am looking at ordering the Basslink 1 or 2 and doing the install myself. Does anyone know the main difference between the new basslink and the old one? thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 PM

nah, i never ended up doing the Basslink install, time and school constraints made me put it off, then i ended up getting new rotors and pads. ~ however, i'm debating if i want to do this again or not.

As far as i can tell, not much was changed other than the fact that it's a little smaller i think~ regarding the Basslink 1 vs 2
Old 10-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Instructor

basslink I is a round 10inch sub with 200 watts...basslink II is a square 10inch sub with 250 watts...i got the basslink I so i could fit it the exact same way lembowski did above...the install was really not hard at all...i thought it would be much worse...but its really very easy if u have any electrial skill at all....just take ur time and do it right so ur not wasting time going back and forth with things....by the way....HIGHLY recommend the baslink...leave the ski shoot open and that thing freakin pounds!
Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 PM
3rd Gear

I just bought an 04' TL loaded ( as they all come ) but had a Basslink in the 2000 Accord V6 it replaced. ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!! I'm wondering what type of line out converter you used? Did you do it your self? I have a decent amount of electrical know how and am looking to add a bit more umph to my TL... Also, do you have a rattle in the back at certain frequencies? If so, how'd you fix it?

Thanks,

Jachai

Originally Posted by JCL622
ugh, so AZ forum search wont let me search LOC, OR Line out converter ... apparently the words are too commonly used....

lol so i'm sitting here looking at all these LOC's....and now i'm confused...am i supposed to get a 2 channel LOC, 8 channel? and since i can't search this...what brands have people been using?