If you have a 2004 TL, upgrade your HFL!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 09:20 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by GUMP
I'm calling them this morning..I've had so many problems with these guys the last 2 months. I've had it...I'm seriously thinking that this is my last Acura product.
Hey Forest, which dealer is this? Let us know so those of us in your area can avoid them like the plague.

If they really did replace the HFL module, then you would have had to re-pair the phone and manually re-enter your phonebook all over again. I had to after my HFL unit was replaced.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:13 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by fish008
I dont know if there is a way to check but you you have problems with your bluetooth not hearing you right? I know your car is like 2 days old but still. If you say the number and you get something like 888 or 808 and you have said a 7 digit number, something is wrong. Then you get it replaced. How many miles on your car (cant exactly remember your post about getting the car)? If youre over 50k the dealership might not cover it under warranty. Oh yea, while your at it you should have them fix everything that has a TSB for your car.
She's screwed up a few times.. It ends up wanting to call *0
Mileage is 41xxx - it's CPO so it has an additional 12k warranty; but it doesn't matter because I purchased an extended warranty to 7 yrs / 100k

Does anyone have the link for the PDF of the HFL Service Bulletin?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

^^ NM re: the link I found it
Old 08-05-2007, 11:00 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure if your system has the navigation unit that they install the HFL delay box too.

(Latest version of the service bulletin -- May 2006) http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b05-020.pdf
Old 08-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by DMZ
TSB's are not warranty issues. If your '04 TL's VIN # falls within the range on the TSB, they have to replace it.

I'm completely in the dark on what a TSB and TSB# is. All I know is that I would like to have my HFL replaced and my car '04 is not under warranty any longer and would like to have all the info I can to see if I can have it done at no cost.

Also what is the rear bumper replacement talked about?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Pro

jroger345 -
Here is the link to the bluetooth TSB. http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b05-020.pdf. TSB is Technician Service Bulletin and they are numbered, this one is TSB#05-020. They might still fix it free for you even if your car is out of warranty but that is going to be the dealers call. I would go in there with the TSB in hand and ask them to fix it and tell them of the problems that you have been having. It really makes a huge different in the car understanding what you say and the people on the phone can't even tell that you are on the bluetooth.

The other TSB that I referenced earlier was about the rear bump stops. The cars came from the factory with some geometry wrong in the suspension (camber) that causes premature tire wear (the tires wear evenly but wear out quickly). Here is the link the wear bump stop TSB - http://www.robertcotran.com/files/B05-076.pdf. TSB# is 05-076.

Getting the bluetooth TSB fixed will save you frustration and getting the bump stops fixed will save you money (as in your tires will last longer). Hope they fix it free.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

My dealer will not replace my HFL unit; per B05-020..

Step 1: Confirm cell phone is bluetooth enabled
Step 2: Determine if the HFL system is locked up by checking the following - the HFL Talk and Back buttons do not work at all; The MID is stuck in HFL mode and the radio is muted; the B-CAN bus is still active and HFL is pulling power

Are any of the above symptoms present? If yes, goto repair (replace) procedure
If NOT this bulletin DOES NOT apply

So, my car does not have the above issues, but it does not understand me correctly.. so my HFL unit will not be replaced.

My problems w/ recognition..

call mom = *006
call house = 002
climate control = xm channel (on occasion)
I cannot save "call home" because she says "call home sounds like zero"

It would be nice to get it replaced so I know that it's not a defective unit; but since i'm not having the problems listed in B05-020 they will not replace the unit.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Pro

Go make a claim at another dealer that you are having problems with the bluetooth locking up and everything freezing. That plus your other problems should get you a new bluetooth module.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Racer

jroger345 -
Here is the link to the bluetooth TSB. http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b05-020.pdf. TSB is Technician Service Bulletin and they are numbered, this one is TSB#05-020. They might still fix it free for you even if your car is out of warranty but that is going to be the dealers call. I would go in there with the TSB in hand and ask them to fix it and tell them of the problems that you have been having. It really makes a huge different in the car understanding what you say and the people on the phone can't even tell that you are on the bluetooth.

The other TSB that I referenced earlier was about the rear bump stops. The cars came from the factory with some geometry wrong in the suspension (camber) that causes premature tire wear (the tires wear evenly but wear out quickly). Here is the link the wear bump stop TSB - http://www.robertcotran.com/files/B05-076.pdf. TSB# is 05-076.

Getting the bluetooth TSB fixed will save you frustration and getting the bump stops fixed will save you money (as in your tires will last longer). Hope they fix it free.
Thanks! ???Were these bulletins that I should of received??
Old 08-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by HuKaShI
I just saw this post and I'm thinking of trying to get my local dealer to do this.

The problem however, is that my TL has 75,000 miles. It was a pain to get the rear bump stops replaced with TSB in hand. I doubt that they will do this TSB without giving me some sort of grief.

Has anyone here gotten this done after their warranty expired?
Did you get the rear bumpers stops replaced when in or out of warranty. I'm going to attempt to see if I can get replacements and I'm also are 75,000+ miles. Interested to know also if anyone has gotten this work done after warranty.. especially at any New Jersey Acura Dealers?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by luckydog700
My 2004 TL HFL total crapped out. I think it may have also been responsible for needing a battery earlier than expected (200ma drain in TSB).
Thanks for the TSB, I'll make sure I get a new unit and avoid letting them pull the fuse for just a reset.
Also, thanks for the links to the excessive tire wear TSB. I'm on my second set of tires and was not able to get the back tires completely aligned correctly. I wish I knew about this 30K ago. Has anyone had any luck getting Acura to apply the 05-050 rear bump stops and re-align even after the original tires are long gone? The TSB say to make sure car has original tires.
My Original tires are also long gone..... In fact I'm on my 3rd set now which in itself seems like a lot of tires to buy... so will give it a try. but would also like to know who has had success with other tires.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:47 AM
Pro

No jrogers345 you shouldn't have received these bulletins. They are not required to inform you of these issues as they do not present a safety hazard.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Advanced

I just had my dealer replace the HFL system in my 04 TL that fell into the VIN range of the Service Bulletin.

On (2) 35 minute drives since the install, my iPhone has not disconnected from the HFL like it used to. Seems good so far.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Advanced

Acura of Dayton is actively refusing to call Acura to even try a goodwill replacement and my VIN falls in the range but I have 80,000 miles. Acura of Columbus said they would at least try to get it goodwill but they said it would be 50/50 and they are very well aware of the issue. When I gave Acura of Dayton the TSB number even they said it does not exist, liars. Anyone have luck in the Dayton, Ohio area as every other Acura dealer is over an hour away from me? My HFL locks up all the time it is frustrating.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Racer

Okay, so if I understand this correctly, someone at the dealership has to call the District Parts & Service Mgr or Zone office to get an okay for a "goodwill" replacement????

Who out there has be successful?? on either one.... HFL or bump stops?? Anybody in NJ???

Originally Posted by Mase075
Acura of Dayton is actively refusing to call Acura to even try a goodwill replacement and my VIN falls in the range but I have 80,000 miles. Acura of Columbus said they would at least try to get it goodwill but they said it would be 50/50 and they are very well aware of the issue. When I gave Acura of Dayton the TSB number even they said it does not exist, liars. Anyone have luck in the Dayton, Ohio area as every other Acura dealer is over an hour away from me? My HFL locks up all the time it is frustrating.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GUMP
I think you can still get it done if it's out of warranty. I have an extended warranty, but the service rep said that didn't matter sinces it's a TSB. Fight for it.

But it says right in the Bulletin that "Out of Warranty" might be eligible thru Goodwill
Old 10-04-2007, 03:18 PM
Racer

You got it replaced because of not understanding you??? What about it Locking? That what the bulletin mentions as far as being eligible for a replacement?

Believe me... know about being a pain... same thing.... yellling.. repeating, etc.

Originally Posted by Modeler
If you have a 2004 TL, you should get your dealer to replace your HFL module with the new version. Using HFL in my TL used to be a major pain in the butt: I would have to repeat myself sometimes 10 times in order to get it to understand a number or voice tag for a memorized number, I would have to yell at it at the top of my lungs, turn down the fan speed to near-zero, and engage in all sorts of other strange behaviors.

No more! The new HFL understands me pretty much every single time. I can use normal voice and it can understand me over the roar of the AC/heater. It also retains the last dialed number after the engine been turned off, which is very convenient.

So for all of you suffering needlessly like I used to: just go to your dealer, complain about the HFL not understanding you and ask them to install the latest version. There's really no way to complain the two versions, it's like apples and oranges!
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by jrogers345
Okay, so if I understand this correctly, someone at the dealership has to call the District Parts & Service Mgr or Zone office to get an okay for a "goodwill" replacement????

Who out there has be successful?? on either one.... HFL or bump stops?? Anybody in NJ???
If your car is still under warranty then there is no argument, they just need to fix it. If you’re out of warranty that is when the "goodwill" replacement comes into play and they obviously don’t have to fix it. But I still think that they should fix those free, its not like either of these issues just happened, they have been issues all along. I could live with the HFL problem if I had to but the tires wearing out quickly would get expensive.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Honda Fan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call Acura customer care. They are more receptive to people who are pissed off - the dealerships just don't want to do the work. Be sure to tell them what the idiots at Acura of Dayton told you - that is not right.

When you have trouble with the dealership, call Acura directly!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Intermediate

anyone in NorCal successfully replaced their HFL system from this thread?

if so please provide dealer name/location, thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:13 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Well I had problems with my HFL not understanding me.. same with the nav.. last month-ish it had been working fine (occasional misunderstanding still), until last Friday.

Previously I asked my dealer in Sacramento to take a look at it; they said there were no TSBs/recalls for my car (I assume that means any relevant recalls/tsbs had been done or the ones out there did not apply to any problems I was having).

On Friday the HFL locked up and would not release the BUS; no radio, no phone, no nav, no nav buttons, etc. Had to reboot the car..! Dropped my car off on Tuesday, they ordered a new mirror and some headliner stuff that came in today, so it was supposed to be done today but after further diagnostics yesterday (after the service guy called me) they ordered the delay unit mentioned in this TSB. So I should get the car back tomorrow; not sure if the HFL unit itself has been or will be replaced, but atleast they know i'm not lieing and they ordered the delay box.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Pro

My car locked-up on me just the way you said and that was the final straw for my bluetooth too. I would make sure that they replace the bluetooth module, that was the problem for me, hasn't happened since.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would recommend anyone who has even a slight problem with the voice recognition go ahead and have the HFL replaced. I recently had mine done. It started out a few months ago that it would occasionally not understand or mis-dial. It gradually go worse until it would not perform the correct funtion about 90% of the time. I just described it to the service writer and the ordered a new HFL module.

So even if it's only occasional I'd say go ahead and get it done while it's either under warranty or before they stop goodwilling it.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:37 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by SpecialFX
I would recommend anyone who has even a slight problem with the voice recognition go ahead and have the HFL replaced. I recently had mine done. It started out a few months ago that it would occasionally not understand or mis-dial. It gradually go worse until it would not perform the correct funtion about 90% of the time. I just described it to the service writer and the ordered a new HFL module.

So even if it's only occasional I'd say go ahead and get it done while it's either under warranty or before they stop goodwilling it.
I have a 2004 TL with Navi and have always had problems with voice recognition and Bluetooth. I called Acura and they said the Bluetooth issue was my phone and that I should check compatible phones and get a new one. Unfortunately, the compatable phones thru my carrier (T-Mobile) are no longer offered. I think that Acura should update their software. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Racer

If your car is still under warranty then there is no argument, they just need to fix it. If you’re out of warranty that is when the "goodwill" replacement comes into play and they obviously don’t have to fix it. But I still think that they should fix those free, its not like either of these issues just happened, they have been issues all along. I could live with the HFL problem if I had to but the tires wearing out quickly would get expensive.
Went to dealer with bulletins... Tested out HFL and agreed that there is a problem.. BUT said since car is out of warranty that I have to get in touch with Acura! If Acura agrees to "goodwill" then they would do replacement work.

Not happy about that.. but will give it a try. Just have to get some free time cause I know this will probably be involving talking to several people, sending paperwork, etc.

Anybody out there have any success with out of warranty car???
Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by riverfallserin
I have a 2004 TL with Navi and have always had problems with voice recognition and Bluetooth. I called Acura and they said the Bluetooth issue was my phone and that I should check compatible phones and get a new one. Unfortunately, the compatable phones thru my carrier (T-Mobile) are no longer offered. I think that Acura should update their software. Any comments or ideas would be appreciated.
The handsfreelink.com compability chart shows my phone, a Verizon XV6600 as incompatible, yet I can make and receive calls just fine. And that isn't the only incorrect listing up there.

All 2004 TL’s up to VIN# 69734 are elligible for HFL replacement per the Acura Service Bulletin, TSB 05-020. It can be done out of warranty if it was never done to that vehicle before. Most of us have learned over the years that Acura Client Services can be about as useful as tits on a door, and the only way to get action out of them is to keep on their case and make a complete pest of yourself.

Print this out and shove it in their faces.
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=35
Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DMZ
The handsfreelink.com compability chart shows my phone, a Verizon XV6600 as incompatible, yet I can make and receive calls just fine. And that isn't the only incorrect listing up there.

All 2004 TL’s up to VIN# 69734 are elligible for HFL replacement per the Acura Service Bulletin, TSB 05-020. It can be done out of warranty if it was never done to that vehicle before. Most of us have learned over the years that Acura Client Services can be about as useful as tits on a door, and the only way to get action out of them is to keep on their case and make a complete pest of yourself.

I know that my phone isn't compatible although it works most of the time but its not just the phone. Its the voice recognition issue. Also, T-mobile says that none of Acuras acceptable phones are available right now. I think that they should update the software or admit that it doesn't work and refund the extra charge for a system that doesn't work. Thanks for the link to the bulletin.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

I know that my phone isn't compatible although it works most of the time but its not just the phone. Its the voice recognition issue. Also, T-mobile says that none of Acuras acceptable phones are available right now. I think that they should update the software or admit that it doesn't work and refund the extra charge for a system that doesn't work. Thanks for the link to the bulletin.
Well then, maybe it's time to get rid of T-Mobile. Their coverage sucks in most places anyway.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Advanced

I have 2 compat. phones, a Verizon Palm Treo 700p (personal) and T-Mobile Blackberry 8700 (work). Still Acura is not budging for me (sigh).
Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by DMZ

You can print it out & shove it in their faces but the 1st step listed in the TSB is to make sure your client has a HFL compatible phone. If the phone is not compatible w/HFL the dealer is most likely not going to help you. The dealer is supposed to duplicate the problem you're having before recommending & authorizing a part being replaced. How will they duplicate your problem with a phone that we know doesn't work to Acura's expectations?

Some of the phones listed as "not compatible" work when you try to pair them, make, & receive calls. However, they may unpair themselves, work inconsistently, or a number of other little quirks that make them not work as expected..
Old 10-25-2007, 02:06 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by Omega P
You can print it out & shove it in their faces but the 1st step listed in the TSB is to make sure your client has a HFL compatible phone. If the phone is not compatible w/HFL the dealer is most likely not going to help you. The dealer is supposed to duplicate the problem you're having before recommending & authorizing a part being replaced. How will they duplicate your problem with a phone that we know doesn't work to Acura's expectations?

Some of the phones listed as "not compatible" work when you try to pair them, make, & receive calls. However, they may unpair themselves, work inconsistently, or a number of other little quirks that make them not work as expected..
Mine works just fine, only I don't have battery or signal strength on the display which is no big deal for me as long as I can make and receive calls. In fact, if you look at the compatability chart for my phone, it's got green check marks all the way across the chart except for battery & signal. Furthermore, I had many of the same problems he's having prior to my HFL being replaced.

As for the TSB, it also says that when there's a problem understanding your voice commands, the HFL qualifies for replacement. This TSB wouldn't have been issued for TL's up to a certain VIN# if there wasn't a known defect with them in the 1st place. If his VIN falls within that range, Acura should replace it regardless......PERIOD!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by DMZ
Mine works just fine, only I don't have battery or signal strength on the display which is no big deal for me as long as I can make and receive calls. In fact, if you look at the compatability chart for my phone, it's got green check marks all the way across the chart except for battery & signal. Furthermore, I had many of the same problems he's having prior to my HFL being replaced.

As for the TSB, it also says that when there's a problem understanding your voice commands, the HFL qualifies for replacement. This TSB wouldn't have been issued for TL's up to a certain VIN# if there wasn't a known defect with them in the 1st place. If his VIN falls within that range, Acura should replace it regardless......PERIOD!
& your phone failed Phone pairing/linking. Does it mean your specific phone will not pair/link? . It means when testing that model phone w/that wireless carrier they encountered abnormal problems that were a result of the phone not syncing properly. That's good that your phone works now!

As for the TSB. TSBs are for the dealerships to handle common complaints. Especially since HFL is generally new technology a lot of the dealers still don't know what to do when they get complaints. Apparently, there was a known problem that was countermeasured after that VIN. This isn't a recall so they don't have to automatically replace the part. Even though there's a TSB the dealer is going to treat this like anything else. They will try to duplicate the problem & if they can't duplicate the problem, they can't recommend a repair.

I have a 2004 TL with Navi and have always had problems with voice recognition and Bluetooth. I called Acura and they said the Bluetooth issue was my phone and that I should check compatible phones and get a new one.
& again, if your phone isn't compatible w/HFL the dlr can try to operate HFL with a known good compatible bluetooth phone & see if they're able to duplicate the problem you're having. If not, they can't recommend a repair, & they can't test it with your phone since your phone assumingly isn't compatible.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:05 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by DMZ
Well then, maybe it's time to get rid of T-Mobile. Their coverage sucks in most places anyway.
DMZ - I won't get rid of T-Mobile. Where I live and travel, I get great coverage. This issue is with Acura, not T-Mobile. I checked all carriers and very phones are listed as acceptable. I think that Acura isn't interested in satisfying TL NAVI customers. I love my car but wouldn't have paid up for this option if I didn't think that they would support it.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Cruisin'

This issue is with Acura, not T-Mobile. I checked all carriers and very phones are listed as acceptable. I think that Acura isn't interested in satisfying TL NAVI customers. I love my car but wouldn't have paid up for this option if I didn't think that they would support it.

I don't get it...almost every car manufacture that offers bluetooth capabilities have certain phones that are compatible & certain phones that aren't. Lexus has their website: lexus.letstalk.com, Inifiniti has their list. Do the research & a lot of car manufactures test phones & it they're not up to spec. they deem it incompatible...It's not Acura's fault & it's nothing they're responsible for updating. They take the time to test phones & they make the information public so the consumers will make an educated decision. If you decide to buy a phone after they tell you it won't work properly, I don't see how they're responsible.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:50 PM
10th Gear

I don't get it...almost every car manufacture that offers bluetooth capabilities have certain phones that are compatible & certain phones that aren't. Lexus has their website: lexus.letstalk.com, Inifiniti has their list. Do the research & a lot of car manufactures test phones & it they're not up to spec. they deem it incompatible...It's not Acura's fault & it's nothing they're responsible for updating. They take the time to test phones & they make the information public so the consumers will make an educated decision. If you decide to buy a phone after they tell you it won't work properly, I don't see how they're responsible.
Omega

Thanks for your insights. I dissagre.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jrogers345
Went to dealer with bulletins... Tested out HFL and agreed that there is a problem.. BUT said since car is out of warranty that I have to get in touch with Acura! If Acura agrees to "goodwill" then they would do replacement work.

Not happy about that.. but will give it a try. Just have to get some free time cause I know this will probably be involving talking to several people, sending paperwork, etc.

Anybody out there have any success with out of warranty car???
Rosenthall Acura in MD sent me this when queried about a Goodwill fix on my new 2004:

IT IS POSSIBLE TO HAVE THIS UNIT REPLACED. IF YOU HAVE NAVIGATION
REPLACING THE UNIT COSTS ABOUT $785, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE NAVIGATION THE
COST WOULD BE $645. BEFORE WE CAN REPLACE IT WE HAVE TO DIAGNOSE THE
PROBLEM FIRST. LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.

So, at least you can maybe do it with some footwork. Let me know.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:33 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

As for the TSB. TSBs are for the dealerships to handle common complaints. Especially since HFL is generally new technology a lot of the dealers still don't know what to do when they get complaints. Apparently, there was a known problem that was countermeasured after that VIN. This isn't a recall so they don't have to automatically replace the part. Even though there's a TSB the dealer is going to treat this like anything else. They will try to duplicate the problem & if they can't duplicate the problem, they can't recommend a repair.
If there's a TSB allowing replacement of a certain part where the car falls within a specific range of VIN#'s, the dealer will get reimbursed by Acura for the repair. The dealer therefore has NOTHING TO LOOSE by performing this goodwill gesture.

I recently had my rear bump stops replaced per TSB 05-050 for repeated rear tire wear. The TSB specified '04 TL's with the original Bullshitstone EL-42's which I got rid of back when the car was only 600 miles old. The dealer did the repair anyway despite the fact that I didn't have those tires any more as the problem was blantely obvious having worn out 2 sets of rear tires (Falken Ziex 512's) within the last year alone.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Advanced

Since my dealer says the TSB doesn't even exist I called Acura Client Services, they found the TSB, but said I must go to Acura of Dayton to have it diagnosed. But I kept pointing out the obvious which is how can they diagnose it if they claim them TSB doesn't even exist. I absolutely give up.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Mase075
Since my dealer says the TSB doesn't even exist I called Acura Client Services, they found the TSB, but said I must go to Acura of Dayton to have it diagnosed. But I kept pointing out the obvious which is how can they diagnose it if they claim them TSB doesn't even exist. I absolutely give up.
Don't give up. Go in there with the TSB in hand and show them it and tell them to fix it. You can print the TSB out: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=35 or here http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b05-020.pdf
Old 10-31-2007, 02:10 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Don't give up. Go in there with the TSB in hand and show them it and tell them to fix it. You can print the TSB out: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=35 or here http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/b05-020.pdf

If they then still give you slack, get mad ...... and make it loudly known in front of potential customers in their show room.

Quick Reply: If you have a 2004 TL, upgrade your HFL!