Ideas on Non-Navi Video Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ideas on Non-Navi Video Setup

This is all still in the planning stages, but just wondering what non-Navi owners have done in terms of video. If I had my way, I would remove the clock above the radio and replace it with a 1/2 DIN dvd player. I know it can be mounted anywhere but I want to keep the look as factory as possible and with the proper faceplate (if necessary), it would be pretty sweet.

Install some headrest lcds, and since I see no way to properly install an lcd for the front passenger without obstructing the airbag, video glasses.

And this to route the volume to the car speakers when everyone is watching a movie or to the individual headrests/glasses when everyone isnt. Most likely install it in the central armrest for easy access.

I'm no stranger to soldering nor hardwiring AV equipment but there's no way to get my hands on physical schematics like the Haynes/Chilton manuals have except via the online stuff which I guess I'll have to fall back on for panel removal. The brickwall I've hit is figuring whether i can run it through the HU or independently. Far as I can tell, our HUs have no auxillary in/outs since there's no option for it. I would love to rewire the Disc/Tape button to run to the DVD player instead of to the tape deck. Like i said before, still in the planning stages. But any yays, nays, or photos of yours would be appreciated.