I am about to give up on HFL

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 03:24 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am about to give up on HFL

Ever since I got my 700P it is darn near impossible to get it to pair with my car. It get all the way up to naming the phone and it just stops and drops. I have tried this in my car for over and HOUR and it does it everytime. Eventually I can keep doing it and the stars line up and it will pair, but it is frustrating as hell.

Can SOMEONE please help me out or let me in on a fix or a tip? This is in a '05 TL.

HELP PLEASE
Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Team Anthracite Member

This from another post I made since I could not remember the steps:

You may want to try clearing your HFL set up first if you don't have alot of info stored there.

There is a "Clear" command that will clear out all paired phones, phone names, and the phonebook in the car.
So you don't have to pull fuses(at least try the CLEAR command first)

Step 1: Press the HFL button and say "Help". The car will go through a list of Phone Set up Options, then a list of System options, the one you want is "Clear".
Step 2: Press the HFL button and say "System". Once its done saying the options here, press the HFL button and say "Clear". At this point it will give you a warning and ask for confirmation.

I provided step 1 because on my way back to work, I started talking with someone and started to forget what exactly the car said. But from the Main Menu in the HFL link if you say "help" you should come across the "Clear" option.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you can just buy a bloototh earbud like all the rest of the cool people out there! hahahah i want to bitchslap every one of em'
Old 06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Pocus: That was my next step, but after work I tried one more time and it paired. I will definitely try that if I have more problems in the future

Dennsil: No kidding! I dont know how many times I thought some guy was talking to me only to find out he was on the phone... LOL
Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
occasionally, my hfl pairing will get messed up. i.e. if my BT is off and I press the command button on the car to make a call but it doesnt find a phone, if I enable BT on the phone before releasing the command button, it will screw up the pairing and I wont be able to repair.

solution: delete phone from car, delete car from phone, cycle both off then on (I remove cell battery) and repair.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tell 'em it's broke and switch to the XV6700!

If my HFL drops my phone, then I just go on my phone and refresh it in the BT settings. Then the lil telephone pops back up on the display (on the dash).
Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Burning Brakes

My 700p works great (especially) after the latest firmware. I did have problems getting it to pair just like you're saying. Once it's paired it works great. I would try the "clear" like mention above... I did that as well. This my sound weird, but try giving it a different same when it asks you to speak the name of your phone. I tried like 15 times to call the phones "Brad's Treo" and it would not take it. I finally called it just my name or something, and it worked.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Racer

I gave up on using the HFL with my blackberry pearl... It would drop and reconnect and drop and reconnect and if I was doing anything elso on the phone I was being stopped with a connected or disconnected message.

The HFL I had in my 07 Camry w/JBL was flawless and allowed me to BT my phonebook and other stuff, the HFL in the TL is so 2003 I don't even bother with it.

Old technology sux!
Old 06-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Advanced

If it's Sprint 700P, get the update. The update resolved 97% of the issues with mine.

Originally Posted by Pocus
This from another post I made since I could not remember the steps:

You may want to try clearing your HFL set up first if you don't have alot of info stored there.

There is a "Clear" command that will clear out all paired phones, phone names, and the phonebook in the car.
So you don't have to pull fuses(at least try the CLEAR command first)

Step 1: Press the HFL button and say "Help". The car will go through a list of Phone Set up Options, then a list of System options, the one you want is "Clear".
Step 2: Press the HFL button and say "System". Once its done saying the options here, press the HFL button and say "Clear". At this point it will give you a warning and ask for confirmation.

I provided step 1 because on my way back to work, I started talking with someone and started to forget what exactly the car said. But from the Main Menu in the HFL link if you say "help" you should come across the "Clear" option.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Burning Brakes

According to Palm, they still have no update on the update for the VZW 700p. Hopefully very soon!
Old 07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
2nd Gear

I have a Blackberry 8300 (the blackberry Curve). Sometimes when I get in my 2007 TL it simply doesn't connect the phone to the HFL. I can't seem to figure out what causes this or how to replicate it for the dealer. If I go into the blackberry's bluetooth settings and tell it to connect to the Handfree Link TM, sometimes it will connect and the phone icon will show up in the car's display and I am good to go . . . other times, the Blackberry tells me that connecting to the HFL failed.

This is driving me nuts because you don't realize it didn't connect to the car until you get a phone call that didn't come through the handsfree system.

Anybody had this same problem? Anybody found a way to fix it??
Old 07-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Here are some possible solutions to try:

1) Check to see if there is a firmware update for your phone.

2) When your phone refuses to connect to the HFL, restart it. I find that just like computers, cell phones work better if you restart them every once in a while.

Good luck!