How do I dial from cell Phone and hear it on HF

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 01:58 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry How do I dial from cell Phone and hear it on HF

Hi Every one.
First of all i would like to say I love my HFL in my TL. But I can't seem to dial from my cell phone and automatically hear the call in my HFL.

I have figured most everything else, even used the "transfer" on my phone and even on HFL.. The only way I have found to dial from my cell phone and then use the handsfree is to . First use my phone to dial the number , (the reason i want to use my cell phonebooks is that i have over 500 number stored in it), after I dial the number I have to wait till my phone display goes from "Calling" to "Connected" at that point I hit the HFL button and say "Transfer" command ,and then I can use the HFL in my TL.
I wish I didn't have to use the "Transfer" Command. there is about a 5 second time to get all this done.. By this time the person who I am calling has said hello three or four times already and thinking It was a bad call hangs up. Yesh

Any simpler way of doing this.??

Thanks,
deanooh@yahoo.com
Old 09-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by deanooh
Hi Every one.
First of all i would like to say I love my HFL in my TL. But I can't seem to dial from my cell phone and automatically hear the call in my HFL.

I wish I didn't have to use the "Transfer" Command. there is about a 5 second time to get all this done.. By this time the person who I am calling has said hello three or four times already and thinking It was a bad call hangs up. Yesh

Any simpler way of doing this.??

Thanks,
deanooh@yahoo.com

I have a Verizon Moto v710, and do your same basic procedure, but I don't have any lag problems.

1. Use the phone to select the number. Hit Send.
2. Immediately hit the HFL command button and say "transfer."
3. About 1 second later I hear the call come on the stereo system.

It is always still ringing, other than my voice mail speed dial which is just barely picking up and I hear the phone sending the extra digits of my password (which I automated).

Suggestions: Immediately try to transfer function as soon as you hit send on your phone.

If that doesn't work, I am guessing your lag time has something to do with the bluetooth on your phone. What model is it?

And of course the impractical option is to trade your phone for a v710 which works fine (for me anyway!)

-Mike
Old 09-17-2005, 07:12 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the reply ,
I have a motorola V600 (Software most recent from the post I have read).
I tried "Transfer", but I get the reply "Call not in progress" from the HFL until my phone says "connected". I'll try a couple other things

Thanks,
Dean
Old 09-17-2005, 07:37 PM
信是寶

Originally Posted by deanooh
Thanks for the reply ,
I have a motorola V600 (Software most recent from the post I have read).
I tried "Transfer", but I get the reply "Call not in progress" from the HFL until my phone says "connected". I'll try a couple other things

Thanks,
Dean

I have the same phone V600 and uploaded the newest firmware on the phone(it seemed to help with the TL's software) but your problem also happens to me. I have to wait until the phone rings and then sometimes I have to say "transfer" twice.

It seems to work on the first "transfer" command 40% of the time and with the second "transfer" 90% of the time. I think it is a timing issue?!? Yet it does work pretty good most of the time.

Hope this helps.