HID Osram CBI D2S Amazing color!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 04:31 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
HID Osram CBI D2S Amazing color!

So after a LONGG awaited arrival of my 06 TL from the transmission repair shop, i have finally got it back! 4 months ago my transmission decided to just go out. So instead of selling / parting out, i decided to repair it. In the mean time i ordered new pair of brand new Type S headlights. Previously i had an old pair that were worn and foggy. From doing so many mods to them. I had just the regular PHillips OEM 85122+. With clear lenses purchased from retrofitsource.com along with 2 spacers on each side for color. I also bought some new bulbs about 6 months back that i was not happy with. Especially since i paid 200$ for the pair ( Osram CBI D2S 6000k) bulbs. I originally got them for my 4G TL... when i put them in the 4G they looked like aftermarket as hell... no color flicker...not much of a difference in brightness...alittle bluer but still looked bad. Later i just found out that the a 4G TL projector is really weak/low end when it comes to projector world. Even with a clear lens and tuning i could not get the 4G TL to look good.

Still..... holding onto these bulbs for over 6 months now i decided to give them another try... so i installed the new clear lenses and spacers into my new type s headlights L and R. I swapped the phillips 85122+ bulbs ( which i didn't think it got any brighter) holy sh** i was wrong.....

so i went from looking just "ok" to massive color flicker increase ... just by having the CBIs in the correct projector and properly tuned... these were my results after heavy tuning and alignment.

anyone else have this experience? Im finally getting my moneys worth out of them haha.

Phillips 85122+
And these are the CBIs OSRAM 6000K... at night they are definitely noticable from far. Very beautiful color and i would say i outshine even high end cars on the road!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,158 Likes on 909 Posts
I love my cbi bulbs!! Not sure how you paid 200 though, I paid 105 shipped for my pair from an authorized retailer. Glad you stuck with them and put them to use!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy idk either lol

Originally Posted by sockr1
I love my cbi bulbs!! Not sure how you paid 200 though, I paid 105 shipped for my pair from an authorized retailer. Glad you stuck with them and put them to use!

well, i kinda think that i bought them shortly after they JUST came onto the market. I mean i was on the verge of just tossing them they had dust on them. But i bought them from thretrofitsource.com and i remember that week i paid 200 plus shipping. and i also recall that after they came in the mail, i looked on the website again, and they had discounted them down to . 150$ for the pair. needless to say, i was pissed lol. But yea the thing is that with ANY type of high end HID bulbs, i have noticed that, if the fitment or the bulb is not mounted correctly onto the base of the projector EVEN just a mm, you will loose the "Flicker effect" purple,blue, while the car goes up and down from the road. took me a longgg time to figure that out. i hadn't realized that projectors are made with a lot of precision. when i was testing it out i told my buddy to drive down the road so i could see it from a distance and the right side was sparkly n nice and the left side was dull and dingy like as if it were just in a chrome housing. when i checked it out, the bulb came out of the base clips just a tad bit. ... crazy.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 489 Likes on 373 Posts
This blue line looks great. Are you running on stock projectors and headlights?

Any idea how they compare to Osram Night breakers (4350k) in terms of light output ?
Nightbreakers are bright, but seems to yellowish most of the time, so I'm considering changing to those.
Unless they gonna get more white/bluish with time.