HFL re-link when dialing out manually

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL re-link when dialing out manually

I've been in a phone call, and walked into my car and the call will automatically transfer to the car once the car is turned on.

The problem is that sometimes I need to dial out on the phone because I don't have a number saved in the HFL (Hands Free Link) and it is quicker just to dial it.

HOW do I get the call transfered to the HFL at this point? Is there a voice command I can use to get the HFL to take over the audio? I just get this "the phone is in use" crap.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 11-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, the command is "transfer". Works in mine all the time!
Old 11-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Pro

You can also just dial the number on the phone and the HFL should just take that call. It does in my call after the second call I make by hand. If I dial by voice it will automatically take all calls I dial on the phone after that.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
'07 WDP TL-S

i thought i had a problem. maybe not. i couldn't figure out why i can't dial from the phone and have the hfl automatically transfer it. every time i tried dialing from the phone the hfl won't pick it up, i would have to transfer the call to the hfl manually.

are you saying i need to use the hfl and voice dial, then on the second call i can use the phone to dial and the hfl will automatically transfer the call?

i have a motorola krazr with verizon. my wife has the same phone and i noticed she could make calls using the phonebook in the phone and it would automatically go through the hfl.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by lowd77
i thought i had a problem. maybe not. i couldn't figure out why i can't dial from the phone and have the hfl automatically transfer it. every time i tried dialing from the phone the hfl won't pick it up, i would have to transfer the call to the hfl manually.

are you saying i need to use the hfl and voice dial, then on the second call i can use the phone to dial and the hfl will automatically transfer the call?

i have a motorola krazr with verizon. my wife has the same phone and i noticed she could make calls using the phonebook in the phone and it would automatically go through the hfl.
That is what I am saying that my car does, your car may not be the same. I also have KRZR so that isn't the issue. I would go into the HFL screen and see what options are available, my car might be setup different and that could just be as simple as a setting.