HFL Issues in 2006 TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:09 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL Issues in 2006 TL

I recently got into my car and noticed my phone was not connecting to the HFL. I tried clearing the history but the link stated there were no paired phones. I tried to pair them again but they are not connecting. At the point when the system asks to name the phone, I press the talk key, and then the system disconnects. This happens every time I try to complete the pairing process. WTF!! Anyhow, has anyone had this happen to them? I know my phone is compatible, I was using the system without any issues.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Cruisin'

i had something like that happen to me once. i was on a trip to Newport and when i got in the car, it didn't recognize the phone i had already paired with the hfl. i had to re-pair it again. didn't have much trouble re-pairing. sorry can't help you much :\
Old 07-14-2008, 02:58 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
My old phone would occasionally not pair up when i got in the car. I would have to remove the battery from the phone, then put it back and turn it on. It would pair after that. Got to be to annoying so I got another phone
Old 07-16-2008, 02:28 AM
....just dancing in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thesheriff
I recently got into my car and noticed my phone was not connecting to the HFL. I tried clearing the history but the link stated there were no paired phones. I tried to pair them again but they are not connecting. At the point when the system asks to name the phone, I press the talk key, and then the system disconnects. This happens every time I try to complete the pairing process. WTF!! Anyhow, has anyone had this happen to them? I know my phone is compatible, I was using the system without any issues.
I too just recently experience this problem. But there might be comfort in knowing we are not alone. Sometimes when this happens I would turn off the car and restart it. If this didn't work, I would turn off the cell phone, and back on again. But this last time I had to re-paired the damn thing.....
Old 07-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Banned

i've had this problem several times and just had to repair the phone...also I have also noticed when the HFL is connected but I am talking on my handset and I step out of the car the call is automatically transferred to the car and I have to return to the car to transfer it back to the headset...anyone experience this before, anyway to avoid this?