HFL freezes!! Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 09:24 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL freezes!! Please Help!

It happened two days ago, while i was driving home after work, like always, i turn on my bluetooth before getting in my car. The car found the phone and linked it. In the mid way, i called my frd, and we finished the conversation. Bad things happened, when i click the "BACK" button, i didn't get any response. And no matter what i press the two button, the HFL system didn't repsonse. And the screen appears as IN USE. I wanna get my audio back on, however, i can't. Because the HFL is shown as IN USE. So i stopped my car and trying to figure this out. Later, i have to turn off the bluetooth on my phone and turned back on. Have someone to call me and activate the HFL again. But when i answer the phone, and hang up, it went back to the same situation before. Later when i figure out, i have to have someone call me, and i have to listen it by accepting the phone call on my cellphone. After i finished the phone, the HFL system went back to the main menu. Then i can click back and turn off my bluetooth, the Audio came back on. So i am asking if anyone experience this before? Is there any button can reset the HFL system? Please help!
Old 05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same issue happen twice to me on the same trip home from work. I had a couple friends following me home from and I wanted to keep my phone link open in case they missed a turn etc...a different friend called me and I hit the "Back" button (to ignore his call)on the HFL and my phone itself stopped ringing but the HFL in the car kept ringing and the Display said "IN USE". Nothing I pressed made it stop so I turned the car off at a light and it went back to normal.

However, one of my friends who was following me called and at the end of our convo I once again hit the "Back" button. My radio went back to playing music but her phone# was stuck in the display. Once I got home, my phone was frozen and the HFL told me I couldn't dial because it was in use. I ended up getting a new phone that week anyways and knock on wood it hasn't happened since. Is there any other way to reset the HFL aside from turning the car off?
Old 05-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vicdeng
It happened two days ago, while i was driving home after work, like always, i turn on my bluetooth before getting in my car. The car found the phone and linked it. In the mid way, i called my frd, and we finished the conversation. Bad things happened, when i click the "BACK" button, i didn't get any response. And no matter what i press the two button, the HFL system didn't repsonse. And the screen appears as IN USE. I wanna get my audio back on, however, i can't. Because the HFL is shown as IN USE. So i stopped my car and trying to figure this out. Later, i have to turn off the bluetooth on my phone and turned back on. Have someone to call me and activate the HFL again. But when i answer the phone, and hang up, it went back to the same situation before. Later when i figure out, i have to have someone call me, and i have to listen it by accepting the phone call on my cellphone. After i finished the phone, the HFL system went back to the main menu. Then i can click back and turn off my bluetooth, the Audio came back on. So i am asking if anyone experience this before? Is there any button can reset the HFL system? Please help!
same thing happened to me. i had to disconnect the battery for a couple of minutes. ever since then no other issues.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:09 AM
NVthisTL247

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get the updated HFL....this was happening to me...so i went to the dealer and told em the problem at first they were tryin to blame it on the phone but im like no way cuz it was working fine be4 this...then they performed a bullitin pertaining to this problem....and since then its been workin fine!
Old 05-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Team Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what year is ur TL?
might want to go to dealer to get that module updated...

I had an 06 and i went in to the dealer last year to do an update