HFL - Contacts import

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HFL - Contacts import

I have a compatible Bluetooth phone (Motorola RAZR 3c). However, like most compatible phones, it does have the export function. Filling in contact information in the HFL verbally is quite a task.

Does anyone know of a way to transfer contacts information from the phone to the HFL. I have an ACURA TL Type-S 2007 and you cannot use the keyboard of the navigation system to enter data in the HFL.

Any assistance would be appreciated
Old 12-20-2006, 12:37 PM
5th Gear

Well I figured out today how not to do it. I have a Blackberry Pearl from work, it synchs well with my 07 type S but no phonebook transfer.

Soooo, I purchased one of the Sony phones (W600i) on the Acura website to use only as a transmission tool for my contacts. I loaded in my outlook contacts to the Sony phone, went out to the car and paired it up.

So far so good. It uploaded the phonebook, 154 names, not too difficult. Tried it, worked fine, although it does not load into addresses, it is in a separate file for phonebook, so it does not take the address from the phone and is not so easy to access.

Then moved the sim back to the Blackberry. Guess what, the uploaded numbers are gray, they are there, but can not be dialed with the Blackberry, only with the Sony phone because that is what it was paired to when the upload took place.

So $200 for the phone out the window (can't switch from my company phone to the Sony).

FRAK
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul2007
I have a compatible Bluetooth phone (Motorola RAZR 3c). However, like most compatible phones, it does have the export function. Filling in contact information in the HFL verbally is quite a task.

Does anyone know of a way to transfer contacts information from the phone to the HFL. I have an ACURA TL Type-S 2007 and you cannot use the keyboard of the navigation system to enter data in the HFL.

Any assistance would be appreciated
From what I understand the 2007's phonebook import option is limited to a very few models of Bluetooth phones. Otherwise it just doesn't work. It's a real shame too because that feature would be very, very nice if it worked globally with all models of BT phone.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:07 AM
07 TL-Navi 5AT, NBP

Originally Posted by Hernan
Well I figured out today how not to do it. I have a Blackberry Pearl from work, it synchs well with my 07 type S but no phonebook transfer.

Soooo, I purchased one of the Sony phones (W600i) on the Acura website to use only as a transmission tool for my contacts. I loaded in my outlook contacts to the Sony phone, went out to the car and paired it up.

So far so good. It uploaded the phonebook, 154 names, not too difficult. Tried it, worked fine, although it does not load into addresses, it is in a separate file for phonebook, so it does not take the address from the phone and is not so easy to access.

Then moved the sim back to the Blackberry. Guess what, the uploaded numbers are gray, they are there, but can not be dialed with the Blackberry, only with the Sony phone because that is what it was paired to when the upload took place.

So $200 for the phone out the window (can't switch from my company phone to the Sony).

FRAK
Hernan,

You state that you performed the hfl transfer from the W600i. Did you try to transfer to the navigation system? That's what I want to do. I have way too many numbers in my phone to try to populate the hfl system. I'd be just fine looking up numbers on the navi address book to dial a little used contact.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:45 AM
Advanced

i think he meant that he did transfer it to the navigation system but couldn't get it to work with a different phone because the navi greyed out the numbers.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Instructor

There are not many phones out there yet that support bluetooth phone book transfer. They just don't seem to have the profile setup. However......it seems like many of the phones coming out recently have it.....so it just might be a matter of time. If you have verizon, the new chocolate 2 will work, and the Razr 2 will work, but only one contact at a time instead of the whole phone book.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Cruisin'

Who is your service provider?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM
Instructor

Oh....the bluetooth profile that is needed is called PBAP. --- Phone Book Access Profile --- this needs to be supported by the phone if you want to transfer your phone book.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Hernan

FRAK
I was planning to try this exact method, glad somebody else did first.

Too bad it didn't work. My plan was to attmpt to organize a group purchase of one of the upload-capable phones. You upload your numbers, then send it to the next guy, and we all share the cost.

Darn

Greg
Old 09-11-2007, 09:52 PM
1st Gear

BB8700 works fine

I have a BB8700C (at&t) and it imported all of my contacts pefectly. 2007 TL-S
Old 12-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Jomb
I was planning to try this exact method, glad somebody else did first.

Too bad it didn't work. My plan was to attmpt to organize a group purchase of one of the upload-capable phones. You upload your numbers, then send it to the next guy, and we all share the cost.

Darn

Greg
You sure this method doesn't work???? In the threads below people are reporting it does work.

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/signature-block-issue-question-mods-158311/

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...onebook+import