Help! Nav Traffic can't work

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 10:25 PM
07 TLer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Nav Traffic can't work

Hi, guys, I'm having trouble with the Navi Traffic. It's been a month now since I bought my 07 TL, the Navi Traffic never show up on my Navi. I call XM many time to refresh my signal, it never work, and the online refresh can only be submit once every xxhour. I even try the deactivate-reactivate option which didn't help.
My XM Radio works perfectly fine~

I'm wondering do the car have to be in those Metron area to received Nav Traffic, or it can just receive all the information all over the country no matter where you are?

Any body had problem like this before? Help! Help!
Old 01-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Cruisin'

I don't know which state you are in, but mine works okay in State of Washington. Have you tried vocie command yet on this feature? You can just say "Display Traffic", then the (green/amber/red) color will show along most of the major freeways. I notice that not all freeway will get the traffic indicator. Only part of the freeway that has camera installed by Department of Tranportation will get the traffic signal. So, if DOT doesn't install any camera along the freeway in your states, I guess that may be the reason why you don't get that traffic. You should go back to your dealership and have them demo it for you....
Old 01-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Advanced

Yeah I am having the same problem with my TL-S I have had it for about a month and a half and it just dont work anymore, but the XM is fine. I mean I only drive into LA once a month but thats the only time I could test it out, oh and I am out in SoCal
Old 01-18-2007, 12:48 PM
07 TLer

I live in SF area, so it should display the Nav Traffic, I try voice command, map icon, everything, but it just don't work~arrr~
Old 01-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by skyeliu
Hi, guys, I'm having trouble with the Navi Traffic. It's been a month now since I bought my 07 TL, the Navi Traffic never show up on my Navi. I call XM many time to refresh my signal, it never work, and the online refresh can only be submit once every xxhour. I even try the deactivate-reactivate option which didn't help.
My XM Radio works perfectly fine~

I'm wondering do the car have to be in those Metron area to received Nav Traffic, or it can just receive all the information all over the country no matter where you are?

Any body had problem like this before? Help! Help!
Here is a link to what markets are covered.
http://www.xmradio.com/navtraffic/market_coverage.xmc
If both the refresh and deactivate-reactivate option did not work you should take it into the dealer.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
1. NAV traffic is only available in some metropolitan areas. The previous message has a link where you can check.

2. NAV traffic only displays when the screen is within a range of display zooms. Push zoom and the vertical bar on the left shows which ones display traffic.

3. For traffic icons, you need to enable them by touching the icon button and then the traffic button.

<it works fine in the Washington DC metro area on my '07 TL-S>
Old 01-20-2007, 04:35 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

I went to an Acura dealer this morning to test drive a TL-S, also to check out the Nav traffic.

I was very disappointed that nothing really showed up on the map other than the normal road map. It was explained to me that there are no accidents so nothing to see on the map.

So I just wonder how useful this Nav Traffic feature is.
If I do decide to seriously consider TL-S, I may have to go back to the dealer during the rush hour on weekday for a demo.

BTW, I did like the car, but I have to test drive a 6MT before I seriously consider it.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 PM
07 TLer

Originally Posted by mike03a3
1. NAV traffic is only available in some metropolitan areas. The previous message has a link where you can check.

2. NAV traffic only displays when the screen is within a range of display zooms. Push zoom and the vertical bar on the left shows which ones display traffic.

3. For traffic icons, you need to enable them by touching the icon button and then the traffic button.

<it works fine in the Washington DC metro area on my '07 TL-S>
Trust me!! I did every thing that will make the Nav Traffic work, but it's just not working. I'm sure i'm in a metropolitan area that they support, cuz i'm live in San Francisco city. I never received any signal, even i'm running on the busiest high way in bay area.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:41 PM
07 TLer

Originally Posted by yukit
I went to an Acura dealer this morning to test drive a TL-S, also to check out the Nav traffic.

I was very disappointed that nothing really showed up on the map other than the normal road map. It was explained to me that there are no accidents so nothing to see on the map.

If I do decide to seriously consider TL-S, I may have to go back to the dealer during the rush hour on weekday for a demo.

BTW, I did like the car, but I have to test drive a 6MT before I seriously consider it.

for what i understand, they should display the traffic flow info 24hr/ day, 7days/week no matter there is accident or not.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought all of the same things until I figured out how to use it. First off it only works at certain zoom levels. Press the zoom button and it only works a three levels of zoom which are marked traffic. Also it only works inside the cities outlined in the navigation booklet.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

Originally Posted by skyeliu
for what i understand, they should display the traffic flow info 24hr/ day, 7days/week no matter there is accident or not.
I saw how NavTraffic appear on the new G35's system. It is always on.
It sort of look like 511.org map. Icons appear at accident locations that you can touch to get more info. Looked pretty useful if it really worked in real-time.

Maybe a system like InterNavi would be developed here where you opt in to be the datapoint in the network to provide active real-time data.

BTW, the navi system on G35 looked really good. Bird's Eye view looks impressive, though not quite sure how practical it is. THey suffer the similar limitation as Lexus navi system where you are limited in functions while the car is moving.

I like Acura's navi which let you do all operations that I can start driving while my spouse in the passenger seat enters the destination info.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by yukit

I believe the traffic requires XM radio, which probably isn't enabled on a demo. It wasn't on the one I test drove.

It works on my car now, but I have doubts about its real utility in my situation.

The traffic flow shows exactly the same traffic jam every rush hour - probably because the flow is sub-par every day. However, it often shows yellow when the traffic is actually flowing relatively well. It doesn't really matter much - my commute really only has one viable route between my home and office, constrained by where the highway crosses the river. An alternate would only be practical if someone blew up the bridge - any other route would take longer than waiting out whatever incident was happening.

It's kind of a neat, gee-whiz toy to be able to select an incident icon and show a passenger a message telling what the problem is - but from a purely practical point of view it doesn't help much due to limited choices of alternatives.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:07 PM
07 TLer

Originally Posted by TLFourplay
I thought all of the same things until I figured out how to use it. First off it only works at certain zoom levels. Press the zoom button and it only works a three levels of zoom which are marked traffic. Also it only works inside the cities outlined in the navigation booklet.

Believe me, I done this zoom in and out many times. Today I take the car to a Acura dealer, they have no idea why is not working. They ask me to make appointment on Wed., it could be a technical problem. So....we will see.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:35 PM
07 TLer

Finally~the service department check it up, and found there is error in the Navi system, so they reinstall the Navi system on my TL, and it's now good to go!! YEAH!