Have a ? about the Navi

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 02:03 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have a ? about the Navi

Well I've had my NBP/Parch/6MT/Navi for about 2 weeks and I'm loving it. For all of you that have Navi's out there, in the settings menu there is a setting for the screen (off, Auto, Day, Night) Now when it's set on auto, the screen is supposed to switch from day to night mode when the headlights are turned on, according to the manual. Mine does not do that. I also know a girl with the same car, except she has Ebony interior and yes it's a MT w/navi and her's does not work either. Am I missing something? Also the color setting do not work for me. Amber, Blue, grey. I RTFM and either I'm missing something or something is not working properly.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Papaman677
Well I've had my NBP/Parch/6MT/Navi for about 2 weeks and I'm loving it. For all of you that have Navi's out there, in the settings menu there is a setting for the screen (off, Auto, Day, Night) Now when it's set on auto, the screen is supposed to switch from day to night mode when the headlights are turned on, according to the manual. Mine does not do that. I also know a girl with the same car, except she has Ebony interior and yes it's a MT w/navi and her's does not work either. Am I missing something? Also the color setting do not work for me. Amber, Blue, grey. I RTFM and either I'm missing something or something is not working properly.
the reason it isn't changing is because your gauge cluster is set to the max, if you change it to one notch lower at night you'll notice the navi screen and other lights will dim

the color settings work, but aren't the noticable, change it from blue to orange then check out your radio stations, you'll see the difference
Old 06-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out first

Papaman...

On the left hand side of the dash is the dash light brightness control, a rocker switch with a + and - sign. If it is depressed it goes in the MAX range and holds that setting. This also affects whether or not the navi screen toggles between the day and the night settings when the headlights are turned on or off.

I would suggest that you check that you have not depressed and locked the dash brightness to the max position.

The navi screen goes to very dark with the roads in "reverse video" is the best way to describe the night time setting.

This is only a hunch..

Good luck

TL42 - Gord
Old 06-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Supreme Underlord/Abyss

Make sure your instrument cluster lamps aren't set to maximum brightness.

The navi screen brightness setting is overridden by the instrument cluster brightness setting when it's all the way up.

Regards,
Old 06-22-2005, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Hey, thanks for the info. Yes, my guage cluster is set on max. I guess also w/me being colorblind it's harder for me to see the colors. I thought it would be a drastic difference.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Advanced

Talking

cool..i was wondering about this as well but didn't have a chance to ask.

glad to see some answers ;p

thx guys, i love this forum.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Papaman677
Hey, thanks for the info. Yes, my guage cluster is set on max. I guess also w/me being colorblind it's harder for me to see the colors. I thought it would be a drastic difference.
All it does is override the standard dash setting and force the LCD to daytime. I find it useful for when it's raining during the day when I have my lights on.

rw