Has anybody installed iSimple in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Bay Area's Finest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Has anybody installed iSimple in the Bay Area

Hey Guys,

I wanted to know if anyone has had someone install their isimple in the bay area on their TL's?

A reference and a cost idea would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Over Caffeinated

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PLAYATL
Hey Guys,

I wanted to know if anyone has had someone install their isimple in the bay area on their TL's?

A reference and a cost idea would be helpful.

Thanks
I did, but I live in the wrong Bay Area - Tampa Bay

I installed using a couple of the different guides you can find on the site. It's really easier to do than it reads to be. In general:

1) pop off the trim that runs down the center console area using something thin and strong wrapped in cloth to avoid marring the trim. I ended up using a screwdriver. Be care at the radio end, the clips are different.

2) remove the mat and screws at the bottom of the console storeage area

3) remove the screws along the center console that were under the trim... there's one that "up" on the console near the radio that's easy to miss.

4) pop out the 'covers' under the steering wheel - reveals 2 screws on the right side - remove these

5) undo the carpet retaining clips

6) pull the center console back some and remove the driver side console panel

7) locate where the radio is, look on the driver's side and follow it so you see it's back.

8) hopefully you have slender hands/fingers - think pianist, not farmer - if not, find someone who does or fashion one of the tools they talk about (coat hanger, etc) - remove the plug

9) insert the harness that goes with the PXAMG into the rear of the radio - harder to do than removing it and insert the plug you removed into the new harness so that the new harness is "spliced" into the car's harness and the radio

10) attach harness to PXAMG and fasten PXAMG "somewhere". I velcro'd mine to the left side of the center console compartments with the spring loaded doors. ensure they doors still open and you didn't block them (wonder how I know about that)

11) attach and run iPod cable under console to rear compartment, cut notch in the panel that comes out and run cable up to upper compartment if desired

12) put all panels and trim back in place and enjoy your sound

Note: you may want to update the PXAMG's firmware before installing. Mine apparently had a V3 board and could not be updated (board newer than the software to update).

Take your time just so you don't break any clips or mar your trim. It's really not too hard to do.

Good luck!

Steve
Old 05-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Bay Area's Finest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks sr1sws!!!! But thats crazy im gonna end up screwing up the navi or something thats y i wanted to see if any one knows a PRO-fessional to help me out lolll

Thanks for the help I just might give it a shot!