Getting Moto v600 to work with Handsfree Link

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 06:44 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v600 (Clam Closed) works flawlessly

Originally Posted by INMI
I recant, Open to Answer = ON should be OFF! I did a lot of trial and error and this is what I figured out. The only combination that does work all time for incoming calls is:

1. Settings>In-Call Setup>Answer Options>Multi-Key = On; Open to Answer = OFF!
2. Settings>Headset>Auto Answer = Off
3. Settings>Car Settings>Auto Answer = Off;Auto Handsfree = On
AND with the phone open, Yes it does seem to matter

Anyone who tries this combo let me know how it goes for you.
I don't know if this will help anyone, but I followed INMI's instructions on my unlocked v600 (purchased online via a dealer in Chicago) and it works flawlessly even with the clam closed. (My phone is German, much to my surprise when I received it, but the only issue there is the power adapter, which is European - i.e., the phone language is English, etc. The reception is awesome when compared to my SE-T68i, and my other GSM phones.) The Flex version is SE6446AXXF11000. S/W version is TRIPLETS_G_08.09.IDR_A. DSP S/W version is 62E2E000.

I have no idea whether or not this will help anyone, but Motorola might want to consider how, or if, these versions differ from some of the others?

Oh, I don't think that it matters, but my carrier is AT&T. Finally, everything except the battery level indicator displays.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

just spoke to motorola what a bunch of ass holes lady had no idea what i was talking about. could not get anywere with her i am really pissed of about this. the phone is awesome for this price but im not feeling the blue tooth issue. that was 1 of the selling points of this car for me
Old 06-10-2004, 12:02 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I spoke with Motorola Customer Support they had no idea what I was talking about regarding the HFL issue. The CSR kept insisting that the phone was OK and the problem was with the HFL system. The CSR even went to extent to say that the V600 would not work with non-motorola devices...
Old 06-11-2004, 12:47 AM
Instructor

OK PEOPLE ITS SOLVED I have a Cingular V600. The settings on the original posts are right the one catch is the phone has to be open when in your car. I repeat has to be open. I have a belt clip and clip my phone to the sun visor and open it. It works all the time now. If your charging it have the phone open as well. I repeat open at all times in the car. I have tried over and over and the phone has to be open. Trust me it works. I repeat have the phone open. I have no clue why its like this but all I care that it works in the car. So everyone open your phone and it will work to recieve calls. Damn all this time it had to be open. So everyone try it and it works flawless. So open your phones while in your car. Thank GOD it works. So do the settings on the 1st post and open your phones. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO It works
Old 06-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Banned

Looks like it is solved for YOU but not for everyone. Do you have Turret's or somthing?

I have a cingular V600.

If I leave the phone open in the car I CANNOT receive calls to the HFL.

If I hold the button down for a few seconds it does no good.

I tried every combo I could think of and there is NO WAY my phone is
going to let the TL answer any calls.

I have not received one call to my HFL since I bought this V600.

I had a V525 before this and it worked fine.

Maybe if I flex and flash to the 525 software it will work!!
Old 06-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Instructor

HAHA Turrets. Well after I finally solving my problem with the V600 you would have turrets to. Well good luck with your V600 all I know mine works like a charm.