Gen 3 TL Navigation longitude and latitude

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 03:40 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gen 3 TL Navigation longitude and latitude

So I went out on a nice date with a lady who owns a Gen 3 TL. It has factory nav and she respond to my query on a second date, with you plan it and I値l go. She is a sassy woman. ;-)

So right now I am thinking I will give her no details on the date, just how to dress and where to meet. To be somewhat cryptic, I am thinking of having her meet me at the local airport, I値l be there plane in hand for nice night tour around the bay area and dinner. I don稚 want to tell her meet me at xyz airport but rather give her the longitude and latitude of the airport parking lot.

In my Mitsubish I can load destination via longitude and latitude but think that might be an exception more then the norm.

Anyone with a TL know if she値l be able to find me?

Thank you,
Old 09-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by babyhueyvfr
So I went out on a nice date with a lady who owns a Gen 3 TL. It has factory nav and she respond to my query on a second date, with you plan it and I値l go. She is a sassy woman. ;-)

So right now I am thinking I will give her no details on the date, just how to dress and where to meet. To be somewhat cryptic, I am thinking of having her meet me at the local airport, I値l be there plane in hand for nice night tour around the bay area and dinner. I don稚 want to tell her meet me at xyz airport but rather give her the longitude and latitude of the airport parking lot.

In my Mitsubish I can load destination via longitude and latitude but think that might be an exception more then the norm.

Anyone with a TL know if she値l be able to find me?

Thank you,

I do not believe there is an option to input cords into our Navi, not for 04-06 models at least as I am not that familiar with newer
Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I looked in the manual and didn't see an option to input the Lat/Long. That would be pretty neat though, if you could. You can input an intersection if you know the names of both streets.

BTW, welcome to Acurazine......
Old 09-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I think that's a great idea. Unfortuately I've never seen a place to input Latitude and Longitude. As far as I know you can only see it but I will check the manual today when I get home.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate cars is correct, much to the chagrin of the geocachers I had in my car last weekend. You can view your coords once you are there, but you cannot route to a coordinate.

That said, most people do not know the street address of the local airport. Just give her that and she won't know where she's going until she gets there.