Few questions about iPad mini mod with iSimple

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 03:38 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Few questions about iPad mini mod with iSimple

Anyone do the iPad / iPad mini install? I know everyone is gonna tell me to do Nexus 7 but I think iPad will work better. This is because I installed iSimple a few years back and it comes with 2 connecters - the Apple 30 pin adapter (which I connect to an old iPod) and an aux for phones. The 30 pin adapter allows me to use my audio controls from the steering wheel just fine but the aux doesn't. If I used an older iPad in place of my iPod, everything should work the same (in theory). If I go that route, I might as well place the iPad in front of me where the poor man's non navi AC screen is and move the AC screen down where the 2 pockets are. I feel like it's a fairly simple plug n play but with some organization. So few questions

1.) How easy (or hard) is it to move the AC screen down to where the 2 pockets are?

2.) Will jailbreaking the iPad allow me to turn it on/off with ignition? I believe my iPod turns off automatically so in theory so should the iPad.

3.) How will I add music onto the iPad once I've installed everything? Does bluetooth sync work for older iPads? What about tethering to my iPhone for GPS?

Thanks