Few New-B ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Str8 Rida

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Few New-B ?'s

Ok I need a lil help on some questions I have. Please dont flame me about the search I have used it and some answers I DID find but still might not understand so any hep is appreciated.

1. The dumb dealer has their name printed on the back is there a safe way to remove it w/o scratching or damaging the paint? Here's a quick pic (its in the lower left hand corner) "Open Road" and its ot one sticker its individual letters.

2. How or where do I look to see If I have the latest Navi DVD?
b. w/o a DVD burner it's impossible to do the Navi hack right? ( I only wanted it for the wallpaper )
c. Does anyone have pics with their wallpapper up?

3. What can I do to get better voice recoginition? I'll say climate control on...she says off, or FM preset 1, she'll say "play cd trck # 27" literally. WTF lol.

Thats all for now and thanx in advance.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
alot of people tend to se a claybar or mineral spirts to get it offf along with WD-40.

2. in the corner of the trunk is the navi drive. Ehect the disk in there and on the disk it should be printed. The lateset if you have an 04-06 is 3.60.

2b. no, you can use a cd burnerr, just write info to CD.
2c. many do have it, look at the navi hack threads
3. talk slowly and clarly, close windows. For HFL, if i talk faster it says/dials right.
alos get rid of the plate covers and put some of your own on. If you don't need a frontplate in your state, get rid of the front plate holder, the car will look 100x better.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man they advertised the crap out of your car.
wd40 or goo gone works
Old 01-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Racer

There is also a thread on most (if not all) the voice recognition commands somewhere in the forums. It should be under the audio forum I believe.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Str8 Rida

thanx guys, yea those covers are as good as gone Im going to be doing a lot of shopping this week for her so thats why I wanted to know these things

Unfortunately I have o have a front plate (NJ) sucks I know
Old 01-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LeathaFace
thanx guys, yea those covers are as good as gone Im going to be doing a lot of shopping this week for her so thats why I wanted to know these things

Unfortunately I have o have a front plate (NJ) sucks I know
We "have" to have a front plate in California as well but it didn't stop me from removing them.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
I'm moving this to navi because that's where ,ost of the questions are covered.

If the dealer name is just a plastic decal, which is common these days, you can warm it with a hair dryer and peel the plastic off carefully. I have used a thumbnail and never scratched the paint, but some people cringe at the thought of doing that.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Str8 Rida

^ thanx and sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Envision Yea thats what I was thinking but I hate to be pulled over every 5 minutes for something so stupid ya kno
Old 01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
'17 RDX Tech AWD - WDP

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
1. The sticker will peel right off, and will leave no residue. If you want to be sure you get it to come off cleanly, blow warm air on it from a hair dryer. Do this "now"... don't wait until spring. And, don't do it below about 60 degrees (makes it harder to peel off). The letters are just vinyl stickers.

2. '06 model? I'll guarantee you that you don't have the latest DVD. But, unless you find that it's missing a lot of things in your area, you probably won't really notice.

2b. You don't need a DVD burner for some of the hacks (like bypassing the "OK" button or adding graphics)... you need a CD burner. There's a particular insert/eject order of events you follow to get certain things in there. The DVD is only used by the system for *data* after the program components are loaded into the NAVI system. So, you load the new program code from a CD you make, then swap it out to the DVD to read the map data from.

2c. There's a thread on here somewhere that has a ton of wallpaper posts in it...

3. Get mad and scream at it. That works for me. Seriously.. I've learned that you can't shortcut some of the commands. Pull out your owner's manual folder. There's a folder in there that has the voice commands on it for the NAVI. You can also hit the button and say "help"... You'll get a list of the NAVI commands. Say them as they're written. Use a moderate pace, and enunciate a little more. No matter how you slice it - you want the car to adapt to you, but you end up adapting to the car. It'll come in time...
Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Str8 Rida

Helluva answer! thanx