fairly new to az and wanted to install aftermarket subs

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 08:36 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fairly new to az and wanted to install aftermarket subs

hey im fairly new to az, although i signed up in 08 i never really came on until the past month. i got a auto car starter into my 05 acura tl non navi and it has been giving me nothing but problems. it wont start when its cold out, and only will start on 2nd crank when the car has already been warmed up and drivin for some hours. its a pain in my butt so i decided since i dont kno of any good audio places near me, and dont want to go 2 bestbuy to get a system installed i figured i would try it myself. i also have a ford f150 and installed my own system with factory head unit. i have 1 Kicker Compvr CVR12, and 2 Kicker Comp VR CVR10, i was debating either to put the 1 12 in my car or the 2 10 in my car but am not sure. i also have a pioneer 750 amp to power them.

i dont kno all of the names of the wires and what everything is called so bare with my ignorance, i am very illiterate with car electronics. i have seen people do their systems and i have installed mine into my truck based on what ive seen people do. i ran a powerline(?) from my battery to my amp, a ground line from my amp to a grounded source which was a bracket for my seat, a line from my fuse box to my amp, my lines from my amp to my sub, and then a line that ran from my amp to the wires for my door speakers( on the end of the line there was a clamp thing that when clamped onto the speaker line, made a connection so that my sub would work insync with my speakers?) but anyways thats all i had to hook up and it works fine and was wondering if this would be acceptable for my car, once i disconnect my stock sub and amp. could anyone help me out with this?

-chris
Old 04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
7th Gear

can any1 help me out here?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
Instructor

I don't think anyone wants to read those^ paragraphs lol...I would help if I could but I'm not very literate in these kinds of things either. Someone will chime in eventually...or just tell you to use the search feature like they always do lol
Old 04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
easy way to install subs:

Take the signal from the factory sub-woofer and hook it up to a "line out converter". Then hook that up to your amplifier, then your subs. You can run the wire from the battery by following deathtotoasters DIY on the audio system upgrades.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 PM
HOME SWEET HOME....

Originally Posted by beast5319
I don't think anyone wants to read those^ paragraphs lol...I would help if I could but I'm not very literate in these kinds of things either. Someone will chime in eventually...or just tell you to use the search feature like they always do lol
+1.... u know how we do

Originally Posted by csmeance
easy way to install subs:

Take the signal from the factory sub-woofer and hook it up to a "line out converter". Then hook that up to your amplifier, then your subs. You can run the wire from the battery by following deathtotoasters DIY on the audio system upgrades.
this is ur best bet.... but hopefully somebody will help u out on here the simplest way possible
Old 04-21-2009, 08:53 AM
7th Gear

thanks a lot guys i tried using the search engine but it when i search "easy sub instillation" i got a ton or random stuff that didnt pertain to sub instillation for it searched mostly "easy" so every tread with easy was in it. going back i just found deathtotoasters diy and wow that is the biggest help ever! thanks alot guys.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:54 AM
7th Gear

the rca cables look complicated, i will try my best. i will have to see what is what when i get everything apart and then decide on doing it myself or not
Old 04-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Needs wheels

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it's not bad...i was surprised by how good the sound quality was using a LOC