Factory XM Antenna to Pioneer HU

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 10:08 AM
MI6
Great Northerner

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Factory XM Antenna to Pioneer HU

I’ve got a few questions about XM: has anyone successfully hooked up the XM radio to an aftermarket head unit? Mine is a Pioneer. Has anyone been able to use the factory antenna? If so, what adapter did you use? Did you get a XM extension cable and route it to the trunk where the factory antenna plugs into the XM unit? Or is there another method besides using that wretched XM Radio antenna?

I bought the XM SVX-300V1 to supposedly allow me to use XM with my Pioneer HU but I don’t see how it’s going to help much getting it connected to the factory antenna...

Thank you very much for your time and patience. I can’t wait to complete this install.
Old 03-20-2020, 10:55 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MI6
I’ve got a few questions about XM: has anyone successfully hooked up the XM radio to an aftermarket head unit? Mine is a Pioneer. Has anyone been able to use the factory antenna? If so, what adapter did you use? Did you get a XM extension cable and route it to the trunk where the factory antenna plugs into the XM unit? Or is there another method besides using that wretched XM Radio antenna?

I bought the XM SVX-300V1 to supposedly allow me to use XM with my Pioneer HU but I don’t see how it’s going to help much getting it connected to the factory antenna...

Thank you very much for your time and patience. I can’t wait to complete this install.
Did you ever find a solution for that square satellite connection?

This could possibly work if you found a square satellite connection terminal to replace the round one: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_794ANT...stro-SAT1.html

I'm considering yanking the square connector out of the OEM deck and soldering it onto the iDatalink Maestro SAT1 in place of their round one.