DVD-A and DTS Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD-A and DTS Question

I did a little searching and found some info on authoring mp3 and .wav files using Adobeman's scripts and using Solo, but what about copying one mastered DVD-A or DTS onto another disc. If I bought a DVD-A, can I copy it onto DVD-R using one of these?

Also, how do these programs break up the sound into 6 channels? I assume these do not re-master, but just simulate like PL2 does. Is this correct?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Lt. Dangle

DVD Audio Extractor can help with this.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

OK I installed adobeman's program and created an ISO image. Then I attempted to burn the disc image onto DVD-R using both Nero and Deep Burner, but both times the burn failed. I got an error message from Deep Burner saying "write protected". Anyone have any insight???
Old 08-23-2007, 06:33 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
As far as I know there is no way to copy a DVD-A with any easy to use freeware or tools.

What exactly did you put through the GUI to make your ISO ?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Wheelin' Dealer

Originally Posted by Adobeman
As far as I know there is no way to copy a DVD-A with any easy to use freeware or tools.

What exactly did you put through the GUI to make your ISO ?
.wav files that I converted from mp3 using CDex. This is frustrating b/c I am a web developer, so it's not like I am a puter noob, but cannot get the disc image to burn across multiple platforms

btw, does anyone have any insight into utilizing all 6 channels from a stereo source?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by jcbridges
.wav files that I converted from mp3 using CDex. This is frustrating b/c I am a web developer, so it's not like I am a puter noob, but cannot get the disc image to burn across multiple platforms
Well, that's a time tested way to do it and the GUI seemes to have created the image OK. I guess I'm not sure why you are getting the errors you are. What other tests have/could you do to validate your burner ? I'm sure you are using new media directly from the package so it should be "empty". In most case stuff like this usually comes down to a unique hardware (the drive and/or it's formware) or a software (the interaction of the mirad of drivers and stuff on your box).

Originally Posted by jcbridges
btw, does anyone have any insight into utilizing all 6 channels from a stereo source?
There is always my Adobinizer(link). Anything that simulates 6 channels from 2 is always "cheesy" to say the least. The Adobinizer proudly admits to it's cheese factor but has been used by many a board member. Some like it, some don't. It's usually something that is played with for a bit and then gets old. Basically it takes your 2 channel source and modifies the L and R (to make FL and FR) as well as synthesizing C, SR, SL and Lfe channels. But you will need something like Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo to burn the 6 channel wav files it produces.

Finally as part of your troubleshooting you may want to download and try Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo (www.cirlinca.com). It can do everything the GUI does and lots, lots more including things like burning 6 channel wav files. Plus it has it's own burning engine. It has a generous free trial (something like 5 full disks burned before you pay). It may solve all your problems in one step. Plus its only something like 30 or 40 USD. I have a copy and love it.